DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Video Game Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/video-game-talk-15/)
-   -   Exlporing Grand Theft Auto 3 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/video-game-talk/168576-exlporing-grand-theft-auto-3-a.html)

seeyouauntie 12-24-01 01:07 PM

Off topic, but Lethal, you just be damn sexy cause this is the second time I have posted right after you -wink-

............not :D

mikehunt 12-24-01 01:45 PM

GTA3 is so sweet
can't wait for it to hit the PC

Lethal Nemesis 12-24-01 04:26 PM

Originally posted by seeyouauntie
Off topic, but Lethal, you just be damn sexy cause this is the second time I have posted right after you -wink-

............not :D

Me? Sexy? :blush:http://lethal.20fr.com/images/cool_smiley.gif

Trigger 12-25-01 02:52 PM

You can only get up to 4 stars on Portland, 5 on Staunton, and 6 on Shoreside.
Ohh! I see... that makes sense. Thought we were doing something wrong.

Da Thrilla 12-25-01 07:24 PM

Originally posted by LethaL Nemesis

If I remember correctly, if you're going fast enough and your limo isn't too banged up, you can just ram right through the middle of the barricade and get through to his mansion. Also, aren't there small gaps on the left and right sides of the barricade that you can squeeze through?

http://lethal.20fr.com/images/cool_smiley.gif

Yep, I tried again, and easily plowed through. That was the first time I tried it.

Now I'm on the "Blow up the SPANK boat" mission with 8-Ball, and he sets a bomb on the boat while I take people out with a sniper rifle. I tried it about 8 times, and 8-Ball keeps getting "iced." That's a tough mission so far.

J-Dubya 12-25-01 09:09 PM

Here's how to blow that ship up...
Spoiler:
Before going up the stairs run down to the end of the building(towards the street) and look between the trailers for a drug pill. Taking this will slow down the action, making it very simple to snipe all the "bad guys".

Da Thrilla 12-25-01 09:11 PM

Originally posted by J-Dubya
Spoiler:
Before going up the stairs run down to the end of the building(towards the street) and look between the trailers for a drug pill. Taking this will slow down the action, making it very simple to snipe all the "bad guys".

Cool. I'll give that a shot. :)

Da Thrilla 12-26-01 01:28 PM

Originally posted by J-Dubya
Spoiler:

Thanks, J-Dubya, that's exactly what I did and passed it on the first try. :)

schlitz100 12-27-01 09:39 AM

2 Questions....

1. What are the stars i see in various places? i cannot pick them up.

2. What is the point of the pills? They slow you down and the effect is somewhat trippy but is there any advantage to them?

Thanks

seeyouauntie 12-27-01 10:33 AM

Originally posted by schlitz100
2 Questions....

2. What is the point of the pills? They slow you down and the effect is somewhat trippy but is there any advantage to them?

Thanks

1. Police bribes, if there's no cops, you can't use them.

2. You can easily f**k s**t up (because you can do Matrix-like shooting, didya ever play conker?)

G. Noel Gross 12-27-01 02:25 PM

Glad to see some more posts about this one. They've gotta do a sequel! My jaw dropped during the end-game cinematic. A brilliantly dark end to this beyond-genius game.

J-Dubya 12-27-01 02:28 PM

Originally posted by schlitz100
2 Questions....

They reduce your wanted level by one star.

uteotw 12-27-01 02:36 PM

How do I get to the other cities???

Please help! I've played this game EXTENSIVELY and totally love it, but I have no idea how to get to the other levels! I've completed lots of missions (including blowing up the ship by sniping, and NOT in slow-mo), so do I need to complete more? Or is there some way to access it I just don't know about??? ANY help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks...

V-ism 12-27-01 02:42 PM

You need to complete more.

In Turismo, I used the Patriot and won easily.

I killed Salvatore by standing way down the street and sniping him before he got into the car.

uteotw 12-27-01 02:53 PM

Thanks!

I guess I'll get back at it tonight...

darkside 12-27-01 11:34 PM

I'm loving this game. I still haven't beaten Turismo, but I'm going to try the tips here and see if I do better. The money pick-up was tough too, but I finally got through it.

I can't pass killing the three Triad Warlords or tailing Curly. I'm way to outgunned to kill the Triads and you can't get within a mile of Curly or he is spooked. So I get way back and lose him every time. Looks like I'm stuck.

Never mind I passed them both finally. Just picked up Curly myself and finally shot my way passed the Triads. :)

Applejack 12-28-01 01:42 AM

Anyone know an easy way to beat the undercover cop mission that Asuka sends you on.

Every time I go after the guy I get 4 stars and I can't get much damage on the guy before the cops pretty much wipe me out.

Any good tips on what cars to use, etc?

Spicollidriver1 12-28-01 06:01 AM

use the Cartel cruiser takes good damage, and patience is all I can suggest.

Trigger 12-28-01 06:23 AM

Originally posted by darkside
I'm loving this game. I still haven't beaten Turismo, but I'm going to try the tips here and see if I do better. The money pick-up was tough too, but I finally got through it.

I can't pass killing the three Triad Warlords or tailing Curly. I'm way to outgunned to kill the Triads and you can't get within a mile of Curly or he is spooked. So I get way back and lose him every time. Looks like I'm stuck.

Never mind I passed them both finally. Just picked up Curly myself and finally shot my way passed the Triads. :)

What do you mean you picked up curly?

Trigger 12-28-01 06:25 AM

Originally posted by Applejack
Anyone know an easy way to beat the undercover cop mission that Asuka sends you on.

Every time I go after the guy I get 4 stars and I can't get much damage on the guy before the cops pretty much wipe me out.

Any good tips on what cars to use, etc?

Steal a SWAT truck from the police station. Then as soon as you tail him, they'll be after you - try to steal another swat truck from a roadblock if you get in trouble. That's what I did - I was lucky - I beat this mission on my first try but nobody was around to see me do it. :) I was sweatin'

darkside 12-28-01 08:38 AM

Originally posted by Trigger

What do you mean you picked up curly?

Stole a cab and pulled up in front of the door. He got in my cab and I took him to the harbor. After I found out what he was doing I ran him over. Much easier than following him.

I'm on to Staunton Island now, but I still need a few optional missions in Portland.

seeyouauntie 12-28-01 11:25 AM

Originally posted by darkside

Stole a cab and pulled up in front of the door. He got in my cab and I took him to the harbor. After I found out what he was doing I ran him over. Much easier than following him.

I'm on to Staunton Island now, but I still need a few optional missions in Portland.

I tried doing that after reading about someone else doing it online. Curly would never get in my cab, and you can't steal the cab that is waiting for him. So explain some more please :)

darkside 12-28-01 11:37 PM

I tried doing that after reading about someone else doing it online. Curly would never get in my cab, and you can't steal the cab that is waiting for him. So explain some more please :)

I pulled my cab up on the sidewalk blocking the other cab and he got in mine.

darkside 12-29-01 08:01 AM

Warning to anyone playing early in the game. After the Bomb Da Boat mission make sure to do all the optional missions in the game. Once you leave Portland its tough to come back. Everytime I try an optional mission the Maffia blows up my car with the shotgun when they see me driving. I can't finish up Marty's or El Diablo's missions. No way for me to get 100% now.

I'm starting the whole game over. :mad:

tygloalex 12-29-01 12:26 PM

You cant get 100 percent anyway, it stops at 98%