Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

What are the MUST HAVE XBox games?

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-02, 12:30 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
another vote for Buffy (can be had now for $30!) and Halo. I enjoyed Spiderman a lot and my 4 and 6 year olds love Obi-Wan
Old 10-28-02, 02:27 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Must have games for me:

Moto GP - I love this game, pure racing at its best. I'm not a much of a tweaker, just give me a good ride and let me go toe-to-toe with the competition. I'm looking forward to playing it online.

NASCAR 2003 - What can I say, I'm a NASCAR fan. The special challenges are an added bonus this year.

Rallisport Challenge - Do we sense a theme going here?

NCAA 2003 - I'm having a great time this season playing simulation games at the same time the real games are being played. I have a few other sports simulations, but there is something about the college football atmosphere that makes this one special.

Halo - Had to have it, if only to see what the fuss was all about. Not my favorite genre, but a fun game nonetheless.

SSX Tricky - This was my favorite when it first came out. I haven't played it for awhile, maybe I'll dig it out again once the snow starts flying.
Old 10-28-02, 02:38 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,267 Likes on 845 Posts
Do you guys who like racing games use a driving wheel? Just got my XBox (my 1st ever console) and trying to control the car in Sega Challenge with the controller is almost impossible...
Old 10-28-02, 04:19 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by eXcentris
Do you guys who like racing games use a driving wheel? Just got my XBox (my 1st ever console) and trying to control the car in Sega Challenge with the controller is almost impossible...
I bought the Mad Catz MC2 racing wheel when it first came out and it made a huge difference in Project Gotham Racing. Now I use it for all the racing games. The best thing about the wheel over a stick is that it lets me be a lot smoother. With a stick control I'm fishtailing all over the place.

I like the way the Mad Catz wheel has a sensitivity setting for the wheel itself. I dial it in two notches tighter for the NASCAR games - it helps me get into the corners easier.

I haven't had a chance to try out any of the newer wheels so I don't know if they are any better than the Mad Catz wheel. I definitely recommend that you get one.
Old 10-28-02, 08:11 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

well, i just got my x-box on wednesday, and am currently in the process of beating the last level of 007: Agent Under Fire if you liked Goldeneye, Perfect Dark, or Action Quake --- you would probably like this game allot, you can get it for under $30.

from what i have read:
1. Halo
2. Rallisprot
2. Gotham Project Racing

all seem like "must haves" for the x-box --- all but halo are areound $20ish on ebay.

my $.02
Old 10-28-02, 08:32 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by eXcentris
what about those $30 mini-wheel like gamepads?

Old 10-29-02, 09:54 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,267 Likes on 845 Posts
Thanks Tandem, I did some searching on Xbox racing wheels and it looks like the Madcatz MC2 is still the best currently available. Local Future Shop has it for $70 (about $45 USD) so not a bad deal.

Young, I read a few reviews of that mini-wheel and not many people like it. It might be ok if you only play racing games once in a while, but if you're a hardcore fan you're better off with a real wheel:

"Sadly, the Pro Racer is a disappointment. We tested it with Project Gotham, Test Drive: Wide Open and the aforementioned Wreckless and we aren't satisfied with the comfort or the control in any of these titles. It doesn't really carve a niche for itself and it desperately needs to. Though it only costs 30 bucks, the missing functions and somewhat uncomfortable design outweigh its interesting concept. Gamester gets the GR "E" for effort, but that's about it. Back to the drawing board."

Full review:

http://www.game-revolution.com/games.../pro_racer.htm
Old 10-29-02, 11:47 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Dead or Alive: Beach Vollyball. Nuff said.
Old 10-29-02, 11:58 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 199 Likes on 172 Posts
Originally posted by edstein
Dead or Alive: Beach Vollyball. Nuff said.

Did you also snag up the DOA Extreme Beach Volleyball calender already?
Old 10-29-02, 01:23 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

There's a DOA Extreme Beach Volleyball calendar? Where? Where can I get one?!?!

Morrowind is a great game for XBox. The PC version is certainly better, but for people who love a great american-style rpg and don't want to spend the money to upgrade their PCs to play it, it's a great experience and shouldn't be missed.