More Star Fox pics...

Old 12-10-01, 01:23 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
More Star Fox pics...

Old 12-10-01, 01:34 PM
Retired

Looking pretty sweet. I think it will be an improvement to make it an adventure game with some Arwing stages rather than all Arwing stages. It was pretty easy to blow through the first 2 Star Fox games and they had very little replay value. Plus shooters on rails are tough to play after playing Rogue Squadron.
Old 12-10-01, 02:07 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

It's definitely looking better and better, but Star Fox is a pretty weak license to be building an adventure game around. I wish they had just stuck with the original universe, which may have actually been interesting.
Old 12-10-01, 02:37 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

wow! That water looks like the best water effects since ICO on the PS2. I wasn't too impressed with this game when I saw the pics at E3 but its looking pretty nice now, i'm looking forward to playing it Rare is one of the best platform game developers so I have faith.
Old 12-10-01, 02:41 PM

I think it's pretty much the same game as Dinosaur Planet with Fox McCloud as the hero and his crew as supporting characters. They more then likely just changed the story but the game is the same with the added Arwing levels and upgraded graphics from the original N64 Dinosaur Planet project. IGNCube ran a story awhile ago that compared bosses, and levels from Dinosaur Planet and Star Fox Adventures. Almost everything looked identical with the obvious SFA looking much more gorgeous graphics wise, but essentially they kept the level and enemy design the same.