Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Sony Dual Shock adapter for Gamecube?

Old 12-07-01, 12:09 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Sony Dual Shock adapter for Gamecube?

I know I read about a PS2 Dual Shock controller adapter for the Gamecube on a website in the past week but I cannot find it now. Has anybody else seen or heard of this?
Old 12-07-01, 03:03 PM

It's on the IGN hardware site for the Cube. http://cube.ign.com/hardware/337.html

Here's a link to a pic of it. For some reason it won't post properly on here.http://cubemedia.ign.com/media/hardw...converter4.jpg

I may think about getting this one. I have Tony Hawk 3 and the GC controller is impossible to work with when I'm going for my normal combos. The d-pad is way too small

Last edited by ConanDestroyer; 12-07-01 at 03:09 PM.
Old 12-07-01, 03:49 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Oh man, do they have something like this for the Xbox? I just hate the button layout on the Xbox controllers.
Old 12-07-01, 03:54 PM
Retired

Originally posted by ConanDestroyer

I may think about getting this one. I have Tony Hawk 3 and the GC controller is impossible to work with when I'm going for my normal combos. The d-pad is way too small
Use the analog stick. I played the first two games on the Dreamcast and always used the analog stick so it was no problem adjusting; other than getting used to the button layout after all the hours spent on the DC versions.

I don't really see why anyone would want to use a Dual Shock on the GC. The only problem with the GC controller is the small D-Pad, and IMO the ones on the Dual Shock are just as bad. The GC's is two small, and I hate how the dual shocks have the diagonals under plastic. Come to think of it, I can't remember the last system that I haven't had to buy a third party controller in order to get a decent D-pad. I also hate the shoulder buttons on the Dual Shock. My fingers don't naturally rest on them like they do on the GC triggers. I always have to move my fingers from under the controller to use the DS shoulder buttons.