Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

2 Problems with NFL Fever 2002

Old 12-06-01, 05:07 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

2 Problems with NFL Fever 2002

First of all, despite some of the backlash against Fever when comparing it to Madden 2002, I still prefer Fever.

However, I've found two distinct gameplay problems that are almost unbearable.

1. Blocking punts is almost guaranteed. As long as you line up as the DE farthest to the left you have a clear lane to the punter. I'd say when I do try to block the punt and they line up in normal punt coverage instead of protection, its a virtually assured block.

2. You can sack the QB literally on any passing play. Under goal line defense, all you have to do is choose the 'Middle Plug' play (or something like that, I don't remember exactly) and your MLB has a 100% clear shot at the QB.

The problem is that these happen on all difficulty levels, including All-Pro. Anybody else noticed these?
Old 12-06-01, 05:46 PM

I haven't noticed these problems yet. I have noticed that once I find one good receiver, I can throw that same pass everytime and make a touchdown from almost anywhere on the field. The game doesn't seem to think at all. I do perfer it over Madden too.
Old 12-06-01, 07:06 PM
Mod Emeritus

I would probably get this if NFL 2K2 wasn't coming out for it. Hoping it's a good port, though!
Old 12-06-01, 08:56 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Yep in my 2 days playing it I really noticed #2. Had to get rid of the ball fast. Bad thing is that my left guard was free to block the LB, but all he would do was try to help the tackle on the DE. If you have a good running back call the goal line play (can't remember the name) going right between the guard and tackle. Once they get burned a few times, they'll stop calling that play

Didn't notice the punt thing. The people I play don't punt It could be 4th and 40 and they would still go for it

Edit-I meant to say going right not left

Last edited by Deadpool; 12-07-01 at 07:32 AM.
Old 12-06-01, 09:01 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Off topic

bravesmg- @ your sig. Spaceballs was so funny
Old 12-06-01, 09:21 PM
Admin Emeritus

bravesmg, what platform are you playing NFL Fever on?

NCAA Football good!
Old 12-06-01, 09:22 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by Deadpool
Yep in my 2 days playing it I really noticed #2. Had to get rid of the ball fast. Bad thing is that my left guard was free to block the LB, but all he would do was try to help the tackle on the DE. If you have a good running back call the goal line play (can't remember the name) going left between the guard and tackle. Once they get burned a few times, they'll stop calling that play

Didn't notice the punt thing. The people I play don't punt It could be 4th and 40 and they would still go for it
Being stuck at College, all I do is play the computer. If it wasn't for those two stupid little things, I'd really have trouble beating it on a consistant basis on All-Pro. That sack thing is the worst, I always tell myself I won't use it until they start driving in the 4th quarter and it gets too tempting. Anybody know if you can edit the playbook or something just to take the play out?

(O/T) - Gotta love the Spaceballs
Old 12-06-01, 09:24 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by Static Cling
bravesmg, what platform are you playing NFL Fever on?
Sorry about that, I meant this thread to be about NFL Fever 2002 for XBox.