Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

the official earthbound for game cube thread

Old 12-06-01, 03:43 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

the official earthbound for game cube thread

anyone hear anything about this. This was suppose to come out for that DD thing before it was scrapped and even IGN doesn't have anything listed. IT is the reason why I got the system yet no word about anything.
Old 12-07-01, 10:33 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

the "bump" subject

bump
Old 12-07-01, 11:21 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I haven't heard anything, but you know how secret Nintendo likes to keep. The Earthbound series has a history of being shunned in the US and even if the Japanese version does pop up, and it probably will considering how complete it was for the 64DD, there is not as great of chance of it coming to the US.
Old 12-07-01, 02:20 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Earthbound rules!!! I loved the original(the SNES one I mean I never played the original on NES), it was so quirky, strange, and funny so thats probably why I liked it so much . Still, having an RPG set in modern times was pretty cool especially how you can call the pizza delivery guy and like 10 minutes later when your in some cave fighting monsters he'll come running in after you to give you your pizza, it was ridiculous. I'd break out laughing everytime that would happen. Another thing I remember is how you could checkout maps at the library, but the sign for the library was hysterical. "This is the Onett Library. Use the library more!" There are so many funny lines from that game and a number of adult jokes as well surprisingly. A good site on Earthbound is :

Starmen.net

I'm hoping HAL's working on a Gamecube version! Ness did return in Super Smash Bros. Melee after all, so he must have been liked enough in the first to bring him back.
Old 12-07-01, 03:17 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I never played the game, but I'd always wanted to.

C'mon Hal, do a Cube version
Old 12-22-01, 09:48 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Well, another bump.
Old 12-23-01, 03:27 AM

"Pictures! Pictures taken instantaneously! Now move in close to each other and say 'fuzzy pickles'".

*CLICK*

"I'm a photographic genius!"
Old 12-26-01, 12:58 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

how do you add a picture? I got an email with a screenshot of the original opening titles for the n64. I tried html coding it, it just didn't work.
Old 12-26-01, 05:41 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Well they already have the Ness model.........
Old 12-26-01, 05:26 PM
DVD Talk God

I recently picked up the SNES complete with big box and strategy book at ebworld.com on their used stuff for about $12. The thing goes for around $80 on ebay complete.
Old 12-26-01, 10:20 PM

Originally posted by ChrisKnudsen

how do you add a picture? I got an email with a screenshot of the original opening titles for the n64. I tried html coding it, it just didn't work.
Sorry I was away for christmas and didn't get to check the boards. There's a button for it when you hit reply up above called IMG, I just hit that and put the URL picture. Or you could try doing the code yourself, it looks like this:

[.IMG]http://[/IMG.]

Without the periods in it (the page kept reading it as code and it wouldnt' show up).
Old 01-13-02, 06:02 PM

UPDATE

Last week on gamespots Gamespotting feature, one of the editors talked about sequels for games that are long overdue including Earthbound. The coolest part was that he posted some music samples they released from the unreleased N64 Earthbound 64. Read the article and listen to the music here:

http://gamespot.com/gamespot/feature...402/p5_01.html

The poll he did was pretty shocking, I was suprised a lot of people don't know what Earthbound is. From the quote he gave by Miyamoto-san it looks like a pretty good chance a sequel WILL be coming.....but it seems they aren't saying when they'll start it up again and it doesn't look soon. I'm hoping to be surprised at the next trade show