Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

X-Box controller extensions

Old 12-04-01, 01:31 PM

X-Box controller extensions

Does anyone know where I can find controller extensions for X-box? Even though the controllers have long cords, I am using a 50" TV and playing Halo is like sitting in the front seat of the movie theatre! I have tried Best Buy, Toys R US and no luck so far.
Old 12-04-01, 01:41 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I know how you feel. My XBOX is hooked to my 55" Toshiba. I kind of like it for games like NFL Fever. You feel like you're right in the action....
Old 12-04-01, 01:44 PM

Have you played Madden on any of the systems? (If so) What's your take on Fever vs. Madden?
Old 12-04-01, 02:43 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by RCL66
Have you played Madden on any of the systems? (If so) What's your take on Fever vs. Madden?

Fever looks good but has a few problems. The commentary is pretty weak. (repetitive) Also, the computer is pretty stupid on long pass plays. I'll probably end up buying Madden too.....
Old 12-04-01, 02:54 PM

What I've been hearing is that MS doesn't have any controller extensions in the pipeline. Could be wrong, but that's what I've heard.

However, Interact is supposed to have some in their pipeline, but I have no idea when they might see the light of day.

I wish they'd get here already.

-Naan
Old 12-04-01, 03:12 PM

I don't get it.. Controller extensions are one of the ways they make some extra $$ when a system launches. Granted the X-box controller cords are longer than most, but I'm suprised a 3rd party company didn't pick up the slack and take advantage of it.

Thanks for the info.
Old 12-04-01, 11:28 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

How long are your cables? I seem to remember mine beign the same length of other consoles. I will check when i get home.
Old 12-05-01, 12:17 PM
dgc
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally posted by jeffdsmith
How long are your cables? I seem to remember mine beign the same length of other consoles. I will check when i get home.
xbox cables are 9.? feet long? I need a 40 yard extension for my jumbotron stadium sized tv.
Old 12-05-01, 07:41 PM

9.8ft I think is the default controller length.
Old 12-06-01, 02:42 PM

Here is the problem. MS dropped the ball on this one. They assumed since their cords were a little longer than the typical PS2/GC cords that they would be doing gamers a great favor by giving us the longer cords. In the end this backfired for owners of Big Scree TVs like myself. Also, supposedly there is some kind of limitation for length due to speed etc. I think for their Memory cards. I've written to some of the 3rd party companies as well as MS to try and get extensions released. It looks like Pelican may release one.

Anyway, there absolutely are NO EXTENSIONS out there at this time. If you want to do yourself a favor then you will write MS and the 3rd party companies. There is a big stink about this so someone is bound to come through sooner or later. It is just a matter of HOW LONG it will take.
Old 12-06-01, 02:48 PM

Well I guess if this turns out to be the one area they dropped the ball on that isn't to bad, although it does make playing tough with a big TV (and I shouldn't even be complaning about that, I suppose)....

What's the email address of the X-Box support people? I'll write em!