Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

When will they release the REAL CODES for Perfect Dark?

Old 12-03-01, 12:09 PM
2017 TOTY Winner

When will they release the REAL CODES for Perfect Dark?

Remember when they released the REAL cheats for Goldeneye? the controler combinations that unlocked EVERY cheat and EVERY level? When will they do that for Perfect Dark? Will they EVER?
Old 12-03-01, 12:16 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I hope so. I've been trying to get the Goldeneye weapons cheat unlocked for over a year, but since I'm not absolutely perfect at the target range, I just can't do it. You should probably write to their QA box at their website.
Old 12-03-01, 02:06 PM

I was waiting for this thread. Since Perfect Dark just dropped down to 10 bucks almost everywhere I figured people would start posting questions. I do thought the codes should have been released by now but I couldn't find any. I was surprised when I found out Goldeneye has actual codes to unlock stuff as Rare is known not to place cheats within it's game.

What I did to unlock cheats the easy way was purchase a Dex Drive from EB at the local mall for $7.99. (They also have them online at that price) I downloaded the save game state from www.gamefaqs.com and uploaded it to my memory card using it. I would have kept the Dex Drive but in order for me to use it on games that save on the cartridge itself as opposed to the memory card, you would need to purchase the GameShark. It's a shame too since I wanted to also upload the Goldeneye save state that has the codes unlocked as well. If anyone out there has a N64 Game Shark this would be a good deal.

They also have the Playstation Dex Drive for under $10 bucks if anyone is interested.
Old 12-04-01, 11:36 AM

Could someone point me towards the Goldeneye cheats mentioned above? Thanks
Old 12-04-01, 11:48 AM
2017 TOTY Winner

All the Goldeneye cheats are listed here http://www.nintendo.com/games/gamepa...sp?game_id=121

Scroll down for the better ones. They unlock EVERYTHING all the cheats plus some hidden weapons. I HOPE they do the same for perfect dark. PLEEEEASE RARE PLEEASE!!!
Old 12-04-01, 02:40 PM

Originally posted by mmconhea
I hope so. I've been trying to get the Goldeneye weapons cheat unlocked for over a year, but since I'm not absolutely perfect at the target range, I just can't do it. You should probably write to their QA box at their website.
You mean Perfect Dark, right? I don't remember a target range in Goldeneye. For PD, check out http://codes.ign.com/codes/8/3906.html and read the "Firing range trick." It'll help you easily beat most of the target range challenges.
Old 12-04-01, 04:03 PM

I mean the Unlocking of goldeneye weapons in perfect dark. I didn't even know that trick existed. I am saved! You just helped me out big time- My brothers and I will be puttin hours into this game this weekend! Thanks!
Old 12-05-01, 08:59 AM

That's sucks. Those weapons can only be used in solo mode. anyone know of a way to get them active in multi-player?
Old 01-02-02, 11:35 AM
2017 TOTY Winner

::BUMP:: Any news yet (on first post)? I hope they release the cheat codes for this game. I hope they EXIST even!
Old 01-02-02, 01:21 PM

well, they would have released them by now wouldn't they?
Old 01-02-02, 02:45 PM

Originally posted by mmconhea
well, they would have released them by now wouldn't they?
Not necessarily. If I remember correctly, they released the last of the Goldeneye codes about 2-3 years after the game came out. So it's still possible. Maybe when Perfect Dark Zero is closer to release, they'll release some more Perfect Dark codes to renew interest in the series. Then again, that could just be wishful thinking.
Old 01-02-02, 06:51 PM

Rare says it here at the bottom

http://www.rareware.com/the_site/site_info/faq.html

Old 01-02-02, 08:40 PM
2017 TOTY Winner

OMG is that an ABSOLUTE NO from rare??

thats totally unfair! i paid 60 bux for that game when it came out. I should get push button codes for it.