Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Please Take My SSX Tricky Away From Me

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-01, 04:48 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Please Take My SSX Tricky Away From Me

I have never played a game non stop like I have with the one. My wife told me today when the game first came she thought I wasn't 50.00 cause I'm not into "sports games" and she believed it was just gonna sit and collect dust.

Now she said it's she he's that " damn tricky song" one more time she's gonna hurt me.

I just had to unlock all the characters the first night. Normally in a game where you pick who you play as I always have characters I love and those I never play as. For once I am playing all of them pretty much equally. I have to say that Psymon Stark is may favorite since we share the same last name and I his lines are sick & demented.

And the Tokyo Megaplex is the coolest thing ever. I could ride thru there for hours. Oh wait.....I have. =)

I'm not sure what I'm going to do when MGS2 comes in a day or so. I might just leave it sealed for a bit.

Am I the only one that is nuts about this game? I sure hope not.
Old 11-19-01, 05:36 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts
I played the hell out of SSX. I'd be playing the hell out of SSX Trickey but f'n Amazon took their sweet time in shipping it. Now MGS2 is my main drug.
Old 11-19-01, 06:04 PM
DAC
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I agree. Amazon is taking their sweet old time. I just hope it gets here before 12-5-01 (my kids b-day). I played SSX non-stop and expect to do the same with Tricky.
Old 11-19-01, 06:35 PM

I'll take it I'll even pay for shipping
Old 11-19-01, 07:01 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,815 Likes on 1,131 Posts
SSX is one of the few games I LOVE but I'm not sure about TRICKY...anyone have a good link to read up on it?
Old 11-19-01, 07:10 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by Giantrobo
SSX is one of the few games I LOVE but I'm not sure about TRICKY...anyone have a good link to read up on it?
http://ps2.ign.com/reviews/15991.html

If you love the first one then I think you'd get a kick out of this one as well. My friend, who owns SSX, is coming over tomorrow. He doesn't have the cash to spend on it sight unseen so I told him he has to check it out. Figured it would save him the cost of a rental.

And my fingers are STILL sore. And I swear I haven't played since I started this thread. But I might go play it now.

The wife is home and I want to try out the 2 player mode.
Old 11-19-01, 07:30 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Edit: Nevermind, someone already made that joke up above and I missed it the first time.

I really want to try this one, I owned SSX for a short time from Family Wonder's 50% off sale but then I sold it later on because I did not have time to play it. If this game's as good as I'm hearing then I think I will love it.

Last edited by Outlaw; 11-19-01 at 07:45 PM.
Old 11-19-01, 07:48 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I was playing Tricky pretty much non-stop until I got my Xbox and Halo. However, Tricky is way better than the original. More tracks longer versions of the old tracks and way cool Uber tricks. My favorite character is the Latin chick (read: big (.)(.)'s). I traded in my old version for the new. I only got $7 bucks for it but, I figured I would never play it again since I had tricky.
Old 11-19-01, 11:22 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally posted by DAC
I agree. Amazon is taking their sweet old time. I just hope it gets here before 12-5-01 (my kids b-day). I played SSX non-stop and expect to do the same with Tricky.
Just thought I would step in and offer some advice.....

If the package still hasn't arrived from Amazon by 12/4, I suggest you buy it at a local B&M. Look for it at Walmart. I believe they give you 90-days to return an item as long as it's UNOPENED. When your package from Amazon finally arrives, take it to Walmart with your WALMART receipt (not the Amazon one ) and get a refund.
Old 11-20-01, 05:44 AM

About the sound

Could anyone confirm there is a DTS audio track on this game?

I've read here (http://www.dtsonline.com/consumer/090601.html) that EA is to include a "DTS Interactive surround sound technology" in SSX Tricky.

Anyone tried it, how does this sounds?

Gaétan