Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Complete run Down of the Hot PS2 Buy 2/ Get 1 free Deal w/ Links

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-01, 11:52 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by Static Cling
Yes, AFAIK. I got MGS2, 007, and DMC... I chose the "ship as available" option, and it cost me ~$108.
Has DMC been marked to ship soon, yet?
Old 10-22-01, 11:57 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally posted by ScandalUMD
Are legit uses of the coupon working properly?

Why don't we just call Amazon CS, and ask them if they're accepting the Jampack and the stands for these orders?
never call on a deal until they ship it out. as long as you get a confirmation of your order showing the correct price wait and do nothing. when your order ships if they charge you the wrong price then call and dispute the bill with them. if they do not adjust it(they will since you have a receipt) dispute it with your credit card company. then they lose anyway and of course you win
Old 10-22-01, 12:32 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
DMC Shipped!

MY DMC ordered Friday in a legit deal shipped this morning.
Old 10-22-01, 12:53 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The Horizontal stand is currently #1 on amazon's sales list. Up 2772%. Being part of this deal was the only chance they ever had to sell this stand. It basically serves no purpose.

#2 The intereact vertical stand
#3 The infamous Winter Jampack
#4 The Sony vertical stand

Oddly, the Jampack is a preorder, but is now being show as out of stock I think we're busted.
Old 10-22-01, 02:17 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

The $9.99 horizontal stands are back in stock. They were not in stock when I checked this morning. If this loophole goes through there will be plenty of stands on e-bay! $15 and change for a new PS2 game is unbelievable!
Old 10-22-01, 02:27 PM

I just hope the deal does go through. It'll be a pain in the ass potentially having to mail back a few packages. I'm also still really confused as to why my "ship everything when available" preorders are showing the stands as shipping soon and uncancelable. Shouldn't they ship in 3 weeks or so when my preorder ships?

Thrak

P.S. I wonder how many cancellations Amazon is going to have to do if they decide not to order the coupons for the preorders. And if they do decide to honor them, I wonder how ticked at them Toys R Us will be.
Old 10-22-01, 02:36 PM

Originally posted by Thrak
I just hope the deal does go through. It'll be a pain in the ass potentially having to mail back a few packages. I'm also still really confused as to why my "ship everything when available" preorders are showing the stands as shipping soon and uncancelable. Shouldn't they ship in 3 weeks or so when my preorder ships?

Thrak

P.S. I wonder how many cancellations Amazon is going to have to do if they decide not to order the coupons for the preorders. And if they do decide to honor them, I wonder how ticked at them Toys R Us will be.
Amazon uses many warehouses, and soemtimes has to ship from more than one location. My experience has ussually been that they ship things out ASAP anyway, not waiting for the preorder. if you have to return things, call their CS department and ask for return mailing labels.
Old 10-22-01, 02:38 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by Thrak
I'm also still really confused as to why my "ship everything when available" preorders are showing the stands as shipping soon and uncancelable. Shouldn't they ship in 3 weeks or so when my preorder ships?
They may be coming from seperate warehouses. Or maybe they really want to get rid of those useless stands.
Old 10-22-01, 03:14 PM
Banned

So. . . What has Amazon said? Nobody has yet posted the results of contacting customer service. I'd like to know the results before I place another order. I guess the coupon is good through the end of the week, right?

I think amazon needs to get these mess worked out quickly. If they are not going to honor the orders that have been placed, they should just send an email to the buyers and let them know the options. The buyers can then decided to cancel or change their order to comply with their rules.

It would be very unfortunate if orders go uncorrected in the shipping process as to make it impossible to cancel, OR improper amounts are charged without authorization, OR orders are cancelled without contact, etc. Amazon need to get going on this!

Any new info?
Old 10-22-01, 07:08 PM

Odd, my order hasn't shipped yet. But its been locked in and ready to go since last night around midnight. hhhmmm...
Old 10-22-01, 07:47 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by ClarkKentKY
Odd, my order hasn't shipped yet. But its been locked in and ready to go since last night around midnight. hhhmmm...
Ico shipped today.....total charged to my cc was $4.45.

Remaining in my order are Half Life and the demo disc with a total balance remaining at $60.00 for both. The deal is working with the software and one demo.......
Old 10-22-01, 11:05 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Well as I stated before I got :
order # 1
Crash 5
Tekken Tag Tournament
and Metal Gear Solid 2

order # 2
Max Payne
SSX Tricky
and the Demo disc

Well....Tekken has shipped so here's hoping that it all works.

If they really are bothered buy eveyone getting a cheap item....I would gladly get another game on order 2 instead of the demo. It's such a great deal that I'd hate to have it cancelled. Would most likely just get Silent Hill 2.
Old 10-22-01, 11:52 PM

Ordered:
1 Kessen II
1 Twisted Metal Black
1 Jam Pack

Just got email saying that Kessen and TWB has been shipped. On the email it stated my total as:

Item Subtotal: $99.98
Shipping & Handling: $5.48
Total: $105.46
Paid by Visa: $55.47

Still got the Jam Pack($9.99) waiting to be ship. Don't know what's going on. Will I be paying another $50 or just the $10 for the Jam Pack? Anybody got the same problem?
Old 10-23-01, 06:17 AM

Well, my order for ICO and 2 stands shipped.

This is from the end of my shipping notice:

Item Subtotal: $69.97
Shipping & Handling: $6.47
Total: $76.44
Paid by Visa: $16.45

Doesn't look like either coupon shows up, but apparently they were both taken into account. Now to just wait for it to show up on the Visa bill to double check
Old 10-23-01, 11:25 AM

Why order Jampack or Vertical Stand?

Just curious, but why are people ordering the JamPack and the Vertical Stand? Do you just not have three games you want to preorder? If you order two $9.99 stands, and get the game for free, you're basically getting the game for $30 off, since you have to pay for the stands anyway. But if you order three games, then you get the game for $50 off! It ends up being a better deal, if you were going to buy two other games anyway. I'm just not sure why people would waste a coupon on something they don't want.
Old 10-23-01, 11:29 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Re: Why order Jampack or Vertical Stand?

Originally posted by vidiot17
Just curious, but why are people ordering the JamPack and the Vertical Stand? Do you just not have three games you want to preorder? If you order two $9.99 stands, and get the game for free, you're basically getting the game for $30 off, since you have to pay for the stands anyway. But if you order three games, then you get the game for $50 off! It ends up being a better deal, if you were going to buy two other games anyway. I'm just not sure why people would waste a coupon on something they don't want.
If you ordered the Jampack which you cannot as it is listed as out of stock now.......and used the promotion along with the $10.00 code...you did not pay for the jampack anyway!!! Basically...you were getting two PS2 games for around $27.00 per game.
Old 10-23-01, 11:46 AM

Well they way it works out is that you buy two stands and a new game. The coupons basically add up -$59.99 (if you use both coupons) and this adds up to you getting a brand new game for some like $16.00 bucks. Thats if amazon doesn't reneg on the coupon deal, which it appears they might. I ordered Batman Vengeance and two stands, and my total came out to rougly $16. I received the confirmation email from amazon at that price, and then I check my account this morning, and it says I owe them $74. I sent them an email, I will post any reply I get.
Its not the years, its the mileage.
Old 10-23-01, 11:50 AM

So I can understand that, if you just want one or two games, then it workd out to be a good deal ($16 for one game or $27 each for two). But if you want three games anyway (and frankly, who wouldn't, with Metal Gear Solid 2, Tony Hawk Pro Skater 3 and SSX Tricky coming out), buying three actual games is the better deal.
Old 10-23-01, 12:04 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by vidiot17
So I can understand that, if you just want one or two games, then it workd out to be a good deal ($16 for one game or $27 each for two). But if you want three games anyway (and frankly, who wouldn't, with Metal Gear Solid 2, Tony Hawk Pro Skater 3 and SSX Tricky coming out), buying three actual games is the better deal.
Unless you have multiple accounts...
Old 10-23-01, 12:04 PM

Well, if you really want to work the system, you set up three seperate accounts with Amazon and pay $16 bucks a game and order the three seperate games. Yeah, you will bet some things you don't want, but if the coupon works, you will still only pay $16 a game. I guess maybe that is abusing the system a little, but it could be done.
Old 10-23-01, 04:43 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Just to make sure, there are no more $9.99 items that work. Correct?
Old 10-23-01, 06:45 PM

correct.
Old 10-23-01, 06:47 PM

Hi All,

Thanks for the links. Just ordered some games. Now I can go to Wal Mart or K-Mart and purchase the system without any taxes.

Anj
Old 10-23-01, 07:15 PM

Does anyone have the number to amazon? I need to cancel my order so that I can apply these coupons
Old 10-23-01, 07:24 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by indy2029
Does anyone have the number to amazon? I need to cancel my order so that I can apply these coupons
http://www.dvdtalk.com/forum/showthr...hreadid=108012

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.