Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

Any thoughts on the upcoming 007: Agent Under Fire (PS2)?

Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-01, 03:30 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well, I was trying to figure out a 3rd game I want for that Toys R' Us freebie () and came along this at IGN.com. Considering the reviews the previous games with this license on PSx received, this one looks far more promising. Preview: http://ps2.ign.com/previews/15723.html

Any thoughts on this upcoming game? Of course, we can't know exactly the strong and weak points, usually it's possible to generate a general idea.
Old 10-20-01, 04:25 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Hey, i went ahead and bought it. They've delayed it so much, and done so many revamps that it has to be good. Plus EA is the comapny behind the scenes on it, so it has to be better than PSX's T.W.I.N.E.

I ordered 007, MGS2, and TOPGUN. I'm nto concerned about 007 as much as i'm concerned about MGS2

THE IGN article is the most in depth article i've been abel to find about agent under fire, but in the next week or so we may find newer stuff coming out since we're getting closer to release.

what else did you order in the deal?

PRO: its going to have a multiplayer scenario similar to goldeneye64.
CON: It sounds like they're going to have alot of driving levels, which is scaring me a bit.

Watch the movies on the IGN webpage. The clips they have are very impressive, and they are what sealed the deal for me.

Last edited by ClarkKentKY; 10-20-01 at 04:27 PM.
Old 10-20-01, 06:30 PM
CineSchlock-O-Rama

I'm excited. It'll be hard to beat Goldeneye. I still pull that sucker out from time to time.
Old 10-20-01, 07:39 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by ClarkKentKY

what else did you order in the deal?

PRO: its going to have a multiplayer scenario similar to goldeneye64.
CON: It sounds like they're going to have alot of driving levels, which is scaring me a bit.

Watch the movies on the IGN webpage. The clips they have are very impressive, and they are what sealed the deal for me.
Well, I haven't ordered yet. I'm definitely going to get Devil May Cry and MGS2. I'm debating between 007 and Batman mainly. Perhaps an RPG if I can find a decent one ... The driving levels are also scaring me. I already own TM Black, that satisfies my blowing things up with cars craving.
Old 10-20-01, 08:23 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

eeee, definatly read around about Batman. I think the IGN or Gamespot article kinda bashed it.

some clps from their review:

"It's long enough, but once it's over, I'm not sure how long many more times you'll play it again. It's not like Spider-man, with tons of extras hidden everywhere."
"The game itself is not the next-generation butt-kicking game I hoped it would be"

Gamespot gave it a 7.4, but they're tough ussually.
From Gamespot:
Batman: Vengeance's drawbacks are its camera, its fluctuating difficulty level, and its final few stages. At first, the game's camera isn't much of a problem. When playing in the third-person perspective, the camera follows you loosely, catching up shortly if you make a sudden turn. You can center the camera behind you with a touch of the R1 button, and Batman's body goes translucent if he's in the way of your frontal view. As you get farther into the game and must platform jump and dodge enemy fire, it becomes apparent that having the camera always center on Batman, save for being able to rotate it manually as in Eidos' Soul Reaver, would work much better. Additionally, Batman is great at running and gliding, but not at precise stops and movements. He is also, for some reason, difficult to keep facing forward during glides. Both of these things make the platform jumping sections of the later levels more difficult than they should be. In fact, while the difficulty level is extremely forgiving throughout most of the game, it becomes so frustratingly hard toward the end that you'll contemplate breaking your PlayStation 2, your television, or both. It's one thing for a game to present a challenge--it's another for it to stack the odds against you and then present you with camera and control difficulties.

Last edited by ClarkKentKY; 10-20-01 at 08:27 PM.