Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

PS2 Games: Buy 2, Get 1 Free Deal at Toys R Us

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-01, 08:51 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Potential PS2 Buy 2, Get 1 Free Deal at TRU

Apologies if this has already been posted, but the PS2 IGN boards are abuzz with a rumor that Toys R Us will be having a buy 2 ps2 games, get 1 free promotion next week (Oct. 21-27). If this is true, I'll delay my purchase of Batman: Vengeance and DMC until next week. I was mildy interested in Soldier of Fortune also, but if this sale is legit, I won't pass it up since it will be free.
Old 10-17-01, 09:15 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

The pre-pubescent posters on the IGN boards are so full of it. I wouldn't believe this until I hear it elsewhere.
Old 10-17-01, 09:25 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

It's unconfirmed, but worth a shot. I would check your local ToysRUs on Sunday just in case it is true. Anybody know if the ToysRUs in Times Square (NYC) is open yet?
Old 10-17-01, 10:43 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

The reliability of that board is somewhat low. The trustworthiness of someone with the number 69 or 420 at the end of there name is something i question.

But anyway. This would be a great deal, thanks for pointing it out here.

My personal picks would be Nascar thunder 2002, TOP GUN, and Batman vengence... But i wouldn't open Batman in hopes that i could scam it back to them in exchange for James Bond 007 in three weeks.
Old 10-17-01, 12:57 PM

Great post Mr glass. The word over on that IGN forum is that its very legit. However they're warning of NO RETURNS, not een for store credit. So thats soemthign you might want to tkae into account.

Great post, i'm definatly going to get up on this.
Old 10-17-01, 09:08 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I'll certainly have to look into this. This would be awesome. I'd get Batman as well and most likely Silent Hill 2. As for a third I'm not really sure but I'm sure I'd find something.
Old 10-19-01, 06:27 AM

Confirmation

Looks like you need a coupon to get in on the sale. Someone has posted a scan of it. If your TRU's are anything like mine, they'll have a ton of circulars available as soon as you walk in the store, so getting the coupon should be no problem.

It's taken every bit of willpower that I have to not pick up the games that I want, but now that I know the sale is legit, I guess I can hold out until Sunday.
Old 10-19-01, 06:37 AM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,294 Likes on 4,305 Posts
Wow, that offer is available online as well. Can someone make out the coupon code, it's a little blurry on my screen.
I wonder if this offer will work with preorders online, if so DMC, GTA3 and Tony Hawk 3 for $100 sounds pretty damn good to me.
Old 10-19-01, 10:11 AM

The coupon code looks like 904494. I'm assuming that is it since that is the same number that is in the lower right hand corner of the coupon.

I think I'm going to get GTA3, Ace Combat 4, and Silent Hill 2. Hopefully AC4 will be out when I go on Tuesday or Wednesday.
Old 10-19-01, 10:21 AM

Originally posted by Decker
Wow, that offer is available online as well.
Was that a question??? Is it available online?? that would kick ass, but i dont' see where you're getting that.

EDIT ... WOAH! I just saw what your'e tlaking about.. Holy hell, that would kick online. I have three games i want to preorder and 125$ in GC's from the gc.com deal! This is awesome, i just hope its good on preorders.

Any idea how we use it online?? Maybe a link on the frontpage of www.toysrus.com ?

Last edited by ClarkKentKY; 10-19-01 at 10:24 AM.
Old 10-19-01, 10:26 AM
dek
DVD Talk Legend

Location: On the road to reclaiming Lord Stanleys Cup, Turlock CA
Where the hell is everyone finding preorders on Toys R Us's webpage I want Bond, Batman, and haven't decided on the 3rd yet.
Old 10-19-01, 10:38 AM

Originally posted by ClarkKentKY

Was that a question??? Is it available online?? that would kick ass, but i dont' see where you're getting that.

EDIT ... WOAH! I just saw what your'e tlaking about.. Holy hell, that would kick online. I have three games i want to preorder and 125$ in GC's from the gc.com deal! This is awesome, i just hope its good on preorders.

Any idea how we use it online?? Maybe a link on the frontpage of www.toysrus.com ?
There will probably be a link for it on Sunday since that's when the sale starts. If you decide to take advantage of this deal online, make SURE that when you reach the final checkout page the proper discount is shown. TRU did a similar promotion for PSX games last September, but I could only get the deal to work online with certain games even though all PSX games were eligible for the sale. I finally gave up and went to a B&M TRU to get the games I wanted. But, that was before they partnered with Amazon, so now that TRU is using Amazon's software, maybe the bugs have been straightened out (I know, I know...wishful thinking ).
Old 10-19-01, 10:45 AM

On the coupon it says to jsut use the number i can read it but now my eyes are bleeding from looking at the monitor so closely.

I'm going for Bond, TOP GUN, and i can't decide on a third. It was going to be simpsons road rage, but i'm thinking its gonna suck now...

This deal is going to kick online. i can't wait for sunday...

By the way i just tried it using the code on that coupon, and it said it wasn't valid, probably not activated till sunday. worth a shot though
Old 10-19-01, 11:03 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by timewaster
It's unconfirmed, but worth a shot. I would check your local ToysRUs on Sunday just in case it is true. Anybody know if the ToysRUs in Times Square (NYC) is open yet?
The ToysRus in Times Square will open on Nov 17 (Sat.)
Old 10-19-01, 05:30 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Where is everyone seeing this ... ? Newspaper? If it's true this deal will kick ass, I will definitely pick up DMC and Batman. The freebie who knows, but there's definitely something out there that makes this deal more than worthwhile.
Old 10-19-01, 05:38 PM

The deal is shaping up to be a nice one. Depending on how its orchestrated online. Hopefully thre won't be restrictions that prohibit preorders.

I now think i'm going to go TOPGUN, 007, and MGS2
Old 10-19-01, 05:44 PM

Forgive me if I am incorrect, but isn't Toysrus.com affiliated with Amazon.com? Thus when you select a game, it takes you to Amazon.com. To my knowledge, Coupons for Amazon are either a 16+ digit of numbers and letters or a code that is in CAPITAL letters. Does anyone have any additional info on this, as well as where a hard copy of the coupon can be obtained?

Thanks.
Old 10-19-01, 06:14 PM

If the coupon says it CAN be used online, then oviously the system that they use (i.e. amazon) will be able to take the UPC code on the coupon. It will mroe than likely ring up as a promotional coupon subtraccting your lowest item cost, and cannot be used with any other coupon offers.
Old 10-19-01, 07:57 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Well I am very glad to see this work online.

Just about ready to checkout with Tekken Tag Tournament, MGS2, and the next Crash Bandicoot game.

The coupon went thru just fine and thanks to one sweet a$$ deal my collection for my new PS2 just doubled. ( Only had it 2 weeks so I'm getting there. )

Thanks for much for posting this.
Old 10-19-01, 08:23 PM

Woah, the coupon worked for you!?!?!?!?!? now.. just now?!??
Old 10-19-01, 08:25 PM

Where did you enter the code, I went and added three games to my cart then tried to checkout using standard Amazon checkout and when I tried to enter the code in the GC area it didn't work. Please tell us how you accomplished this.
Old 10-19-01, 08:26 PM

Can anyone verify where the physical copy of the coupon can be obtained?...

Thanks
Old 10-19-01, 08:27 PM

THe physical copy of the coupon can be obtained in your sunday sales flier from toyrus.
Old 10-19-01, 08:28 PM

WOOHOOO it worked for me online, holy crap. One of thsoe deals that is sweeter to the taste than you imagined
Old 10-19-01, 08:28 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Yes guys. The coupon does work
right now!

I just entered it when the promotional codes go. You know the one sheet order summary they give you? It's on the right side of that page. Enter it and go.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.