Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

GBA, what are you playing and whats next

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-01, 12:53 PM
Premium Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GBA, what are you playing and whats next

I have been in Castlevainia but DOOM comes out this month and the talk has been just like the original! It will be too cool to play a 3d shooter on a GB!
Old 10-11-01, 05:10 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I think I'll either get Final Fight One or Doom next - I kinda gave up on Castlevania and I'm still working on Mario Kart.
Old 10-11-01, 05:12 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

The last two I got were Spiderman and X-men. I have returned them both . I'm still playing Mario Kart a lot, as well as some GBC games. I would be interested in Doom if it weren't a straight port of the original (it is, isn't it?).
Old 10-11-01, 05:34 PM
Retired

Finished Castlevania a while back, well I haven't done the battle arena yet. Been playing mostly mario kart and Rayman. Not sure what I'll get next, probably nothing for a while as I'm saving of for a Gamecube.
Old 10-11-01, 06:04 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I'm awaiting Golden Sun, Wario Land, and Street Fighter Alpha. I'm currently playing Mario Kart and Advance Wars. Both are "MUST OWN" titles!
Old 10-11-01, 06:21 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
I'm still playing Advance Wars, but I'm looking forward to Golden Sun and Breath of Fire.
Old 10-11-01, 07:45 PM

I picked up Castlevania at the end of August and it has made my plane trips much better, but I haven't gotten around to finishing it (great game though!).

I'm probably gonna pick up Advance Wars or Mario Kart next when I have a chance and the money.

Also looking forward to Klonoa
Old 10-12-01, 01:48 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 959 Likes on 666 Posts
Originally posted by cartman
The last two I got were Spiderman and X-men. I have returned them both .
why did you return them? i was looking forward to both of them. i hate it when comic book games turn out bad and most of them do turn out bad. what specifically was wrong with them?
Old 10-12-01, 01:55 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 959 Likes on 666 Posts
right now i am playing advance wars, just got it this past week. great game! i am also in the middle of oracle of ages which is strange because usually a zelda game is almost sacred to me, i dont play anything else until i am finished with it.

i cannot wait for golden sun. also looking forward to some games to show up at blockbuster so i can pick up final fight, street fighter, and maybe the spiderman, xmen game.

has anyone noticed the sudden explosive procreation of GBA games. before there were only around five for a long time then all of a sudden BAM!!! we're swimming in games like babies in a rural mississippian hospital.
Old 10-12-01, 04:12 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts
Right now im having one heck of a time playing Mario Kart Advance Circuit. As for my next purchases? heres a list

1) Super Street Fighter 2X
2) DOOM
3) X-Men: Apocalypse's Reign

-zero
Old 10-12-01, 07:12 AM
DVD Talk Legend

MR DRILLER 2
MR DRILLER 2
MR DRILLER 2

Seriously.. this is THE best GBA game.

I'll probably pick up Breath of Fire.. just cause it's good old skool RPG goodness, and doesn't have dorky CG movies in it.
Old 10-12-01, 10:15 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 72 Likes on 53 Posts
I've been playing Advance Wars. I have some questions about it.
After you go through Campaign and beat Strum in the Battle where you use the three CO's, is there any more to the game besides WarRoom? I bought some Advance War Coin for 1 credit, the guy said something about holding down select when doing something.

thanks
daveninja.com

ps. i love this game
Old 10-13-01, 11:56 PM

Originally posted by DaveNinja
I've been playing Advance Wars. I have some questions about it.
After you go through Campaign and beat Strum in the Battle where you use the three CO's, is there any more to the game besides WarRoom? I bought some Advance War Coin for 1 credit, the guy said something about holding down select when doing something.

thanks
daveninja.com

ps. i love this game
From Gamefaqs.com
Hold down the Select button before entering Campaign Mode and you'll play in Advanced Mode. You'll face stronger enemy opposition, but win more coins if you complete the mission
Old 10-14-01, 12:14 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

My son (he's 6) and I have been linking and playing Bomberman and Mario Kart, we had 3 linked playing Bomberman the other day and it was awesome. It's nice only having to have one cartridge to link, made the thing worth it (although I would have bought it anyway). We spent 5 hours linking on a plane on Friday, went by in no time.

Has anyone tried linking with 2 Mario Kart cartridges, I'm not sure what the difference would be other than load time. It has multi or single cartridge link mode.

Last edited by Homer Simpson; 10-14-01 at 12:17 AM.
Old 10-14-01, 12:21 AM

Originally posted by Homer Simpson

Has anyone tried linking with 2 Mario Kart cartridges, I'm not sure what the difference would be other than load time. It has multi or single cartridge link mode.
I could be wrong, but I thought with only 1 cart with Mario Kart, everyone has to be Yoshi and you can only race selected tracks. If everyone has a cart, then you can play everything. Thats what I heard anyhow
Old 10-14-01, 12:23 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by tanman

why did you return them? i was looking forward to both of them. i hate it when comic book games turn out bad and most of them do turn out bad. what specifically was wrong with them?
Spiderman could have been a decent game had they improved the fighting a bit (it's too easy to end up standing in the exact same spot as your enemy and not be able to hit him). It's also REALLY short.

X-men, again, could have been good, but the game plays like this: you start the game, select a character, begin the first level. You fight 4 or 5 baddies. you move about an inch to your right. You fight 4 or 5 of the same baddie. You move an inch to the right. Every once in a while the baddies will change color, or (if changing levels) overall makeup, and every once in a while you will fight one of your fellow X-Men. Then it ends.
Old 10-16-01, 03:27 PM

I've finished Castlevania, and I'm utterly sick of Advance Wars and Mario Kart after hours upon hours of playing them. As for Tony Hawk, I think I've played it twice for 5 minutes each.

So now I can't wait for Golden Sun, Tactics Ogre Gaiden, Gradius Galaxies, Wario Land 4, Columns GBA, and Puyo Puyo Advance. Waiting for Bomberman Max 2, Street Fighter Alpha 3, Super Street Fighter II Turbo, Sonic Advance, and some others.
Old 10-17-01, 09:06 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I am po' so i only have 2 games

i have a question tho - the PX here on post has a sign that reads the GBA can play the original and color GB games. Is this true? I can't test it out because my original games are in gameboy heaven, so ... I think if it could I could buy some cheapo original games, and I'd be playin' again in no time.
Old 10-17-01, 09:17 AM

Originally posted by IdgIe49
I am po' so i only have 2 games

i have a question tho - the PX here on post has a sign that reads the GBA can play the original and color GB games. Is this true? I can't test it out because my original games are in gameboy heaven, so ... I think if it could I could buy some cheapo original games, and I'd be playin' again in no time.

Thats true - I play Super Breakout (GB) and Tetris DX (GBC) all the time on my GBA.
Old 10-17-01, 04:27 PM

I am playing Advanced Wars and will most likely pick up doom next .