Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

NFL2K2 for DC

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-01, 08:44 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 46 Likes on 28 Posts
NFL2K2 for DC

Picked this baby up today. I told my buddy I will wait till he comes over Monday night before I try it out. Anyone out there played it yet ? If so how is it ? Go Vikings
Old 09-20-01, 09:19 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
ive heard nothing but good things about it. will pick it up soon
Old 09-20-01, 10:16 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
NICE!!! its very nice, the player models are sweet and I love the snow effects
Old 09-20-01, 10:26 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Great game but I hate the way you have to use the analog pad to select plays now....yuck...
Old 09-21-01, 12:02 AM
Retired

I'd pick this up as I love the NFL2K series, but I'm planning on selling my DC to get a Gamecube pretty soon. I guess I'll just keep playing 2K1 and pick up the first 2K game that hits the GC, though I might have to wait until next fall for it.

I have one question about the AI. Do they make it harder to pass on Pro, by having the computer play tougher D, or do they just give your receivers butterfingers like in 2k1? That was my one gripe with that game. If they want to make it tougher to pass, make the d-backs play tighter D, don't just make my receiver drop passes when they're open every other time.
Old 09-21-01, 07:36 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
The college football game also had the new menus and I agree that they are not that great an idea. You get use to it pretty quick though. Other than that it looks like a great game, but I still have not played it enough to make a solid opinion.
Old 09-21-01, 10:22 AM

I really like the game so far, but I've had a couple gameplay issues. The first one is that it seems like the CPU will receive the punt at any place on the field. There have been several times I have punted the ball and the CPU will catch it in the endzone and return it for about 10 yards.

The second one is with penalties. I was losing 16-10 against the ravens, with 2:30 left in the 4th. I was the vikes and I threw a 20 yard TD pass to Moss on third down. But, there was a holing penalty. Ok, I can handle that. So now I'm 3rd and 13 and I go back to pass. Nobody was open so I ran it with Culpepper and get the first down by 2 yards. But guess what, another holding penalty. So that really made me mad. So I ended up not scoring or getting the first and gave up the ball on downs. That was my only close game, so I don't know if it was a fluke or not, but if it happens more than once or twice, it's going to get irritating.
Old 09-21-01, 12:16 PM
Banned

Is it better than NCAA2K2? NCAA2K2 has been a decent game, but just feels too much like NFL2K, ala a game that seems "lacking" for its time (graphics and gameplay are subpar).
Old 09-23-01, 03:19 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Mine was shipped on friday!!!

Can't wait to kick *ss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"It's starting to feel alot like Christmas"