Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

GBA questions

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-01, 01:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GBA questions

I just got GBA and I have a few questions:

1. I heard GBA had a little problem with lighting, what is the best light to buy for it??

2. If I want to link up with another GBA we only need one cartridge right??

3. When I get Gamecube, how will GBA and GC interact (special games)??

4. What do you think the best GBA game is (not including mario cart which I got and tony hawk which I will get)

OK thats all, Thanks .
Old 09-05-01, 02:00 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
1. To be honest they all pretty much suck in one way or another. I have the Glow Guard which works good enough for me. All of them produce some annoying glare though.

2. It depends on the game. Most games let you play with only 1 cartridge, but not always the full game. Can't remember which one, but one of the racing games only allows 1 track to be played linked with 1 cart, for the others you need to both have the game. You'd probably be best researching each one to see what the 1-cartridge limitations are for them.
Old 09-05-01, 04:45 PM

As for the question about the light...if you're interested in doing a little handywork yourself, check out http://www.gbalight.com.
Old 09-05-01, 06:13 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

The game Jeraden is referring to is F-Zero:Maximum Velocity.

As far as your questions:

1. I have a Pelican Accessories Light Guard which serves as both a light and a guard for your screen. It does have an annoying glare though.

2. It does depend on most games. Like Jeraden said, most games are only limited play when using only one cartridge.

3. This is not entirely clear yet. What has been rumoured is that you will plug in your GBA into the control port and it will act as a controller(akin to the vmu of the dreamcast controller). An example of how this will expand gameplay is with football games. You will be able to make your plays on your GBA screen as opposed to the tv screen thus making it impossible for the other palyer to see anything you are doing, kinda interesting.

4. The best GBA game imo is not out yet. Though I have yet to play it, from what I've read, the best game will be Advance Wars. It is a turn based Risk-esque strategy game with a 3 hour tutorial. Very in depth especially for a handheld game. You should definitely buy this when it's released September 11th. As far as other genres go, F-zero is a great racing game. Platform- of course Super Mario Advance though it's basically just a rehash of Mario 2 on the NES but it also includes a nice classic multiplayer mario game. If you're willing to not just stick with GBA games, I would advise getting the Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Ages/Seasons games for the Gameboy Color. They are great puzzle/action games.

Hope this helped. Peace.
Old 09-05-01, 06:24 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Castlevania is an excellent game.
Old 09-06-01, 05:06 PM

I love mario kart it's a great game!!!!