Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

Anyone else want to see a new TMNT game?

Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-01, 10:54 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I love every Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles game that has been released, especially TMNT 2 for nes, and TMNT 4 for snes. I think with the new generation systems that are out there, a new Turtles game would be too awesome for words. I still drag out my old NES and SNES to play the Turtles games, I just never get sick of them.
Old 08-20-01, 11:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A new release would just be some re-hashed 3D engine with turtle models instead of people. I love and still play the old ones but I dont think a new version would satisfy me, it just wouldnt be the same with todays "make everything 3D" attitude. Then again, a Gameboy Advance version would be awsome, back the the old 8 and 16 bit roots.
Old 08-21-01, 07:57 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Those side-scrolling brawlers were great, weren't they? I still whip out my SNES from time to time to play 'em, and I would love a GBA port or even a new game in the same vein.
Old 08-21-01, 03:45 PM
mvc

TMNT 2 was the greatest! Man I played that game so much! ^_^ Actually all of them from 2 on were really fun. I miss the good ol' days of gaming.
Old 08-21-01, 11:27 PM

Originally posted by Liquid Death
Those side-scrolling brawlers were great, weren't they? I still whip out my SNES from time to time to play 'em, and I would love a GBA port or even a new game in the same vein.
I agree, side-scrollers rule and they dont make enough of them anymore (Except Gameboy).
Its funny, I got my NES 8bit out right next to my PS2, and I play them both just as much.
Id love to see Super Mario 3 (NES) on GameboyAdvance, now that would rule.
Old 08-22-01, 12:05 AM

Originally posted by ZZdoo

I agree, side-scrollers rule and they dont make enough of them anymore (Except Gameboy).
Its funny, I got my NES 8bit out right next to my PS2, and I play them both just as much.
Id love to see Super Mario 3 (NES) on GameboyAdvance, now that would rule.
Actually, I think I remember reading somewhere (maybe nintendo power) that Mario 3 will be released for GBA. As well as Super Mario World....drool....
Old 08-22-01, 12:05 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,366 Likes on 928 Posts
well there's talk that John Woo is executive producing a GCI turtles movie. if this does happen, I'd find it hard to believe that they wouldn't do a game of somesort to tie into it.
Old 08-22-01, 02:38 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 487 Likes on 286 Posts
Yeah I loved the SNES version of TMNT. Some of the stages had pretty clever names, and I always remember "bury my shell at wounded knee." God thats funny.
Old 08-22-01, 11:41 AM

A new TMNT game would be cool. I remember playing the Konami arcade version alot when I was a kid.

Last edited by Titmouse; 08-23-01 at 01:33 PM.
Old 08-22-01, 12:48 PM

Originally posted by Deftones17
well there's talk that John Woo is executive producing a GCI turtles movie. if this does happen, I'd find it hard to believe that they wouldn't do a game of somesort to tie into it.
I just checked into this, and it is a reality!! Check out the link for the article:
http://www.dtheatre.com/read.php?sid=1451

I am willing to bet on a new TMNT game now!