Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

anyone else love kid icarus?

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-01, 08:42 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
anyone else love kid icarus?

Would anyone else here be enthused if they had just found kid icarus STILL SEALED at a flea market for $15??? I couldnt believe it when i saw it and I couldnt pass up the deal. I aboslutely love this game and its in my top 5 favs of all time by any system. Anyone else here dig icarus as much as i do? Any specific reasons why you think its such a great game?
Old 08-19-01, 09:32 PM

I loved kid icarus, it was a game right up there in fun factor as Zelda and Metroid. Of course it could get damn hard with some of those jumping puzzles.

I thought the premise and the music were what made the game so great. Its pretty sad that there hasn't been a sequel/remake like Zelda/Metroid/Mario...

Maybe the gamecube will have something in store? Anyway, I still play it every once and a while using an emulator.
Old 08-19-01, 10:27 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Yes Kid Icarus is a classic! I would pay $15 for a sealed copy! There is also a great gameboy version called 'Kid Icarus of Myth and Monsters". There are rumors that Pit might be a hidden character in the new Gamecube Super Smash Brothers game. Check out this picture from Super Smash Brothers Melee:

One of the game modes in SSB has you winning trophies. Its not known if Pit is just a trophy you win or an actual hidden playable character. I hope he's playable!
Old 08-20-01, 04:57 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I loved Kid Icarus!
It was a bit on the hard side, but it was a great game.

I unloaded mine (boxed/complete) on Ebay a few months ago for $75!
Old 08-20-01, 09:20 AM

also one of my fav's from the good ole nes loved the puzzles, drew a map as i played it, hope the cube does do a sequel.