Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

NCAA football 2002

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-01, 01:13 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
NCAA football 2002

Anyone gonna pick this game up? I think it comes out in stores tomorrow, but i pre-ordered mine at ebgames so it's shipping today.

here's a cool screenshot:

here's a link to some more: http://www.sportplanet.com/e3/192.shtml
Old 07-24-01, 01:50 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I was thinking about it but I already have Madden 2002 on reserve and was wondering if they were going to be too similar gameplay wise. I do realize that it's different in the collegiate aspect but with so many good games coming up I wonder if it's worth spending the money on when I could use the money to buy something else. I was thinking about buying Ico but I'm not sure.
Old 07-24-01, 06:14 PM

I am going to get this game. I love college football. Madden 2002 is supposed to be a step above this game. NCAA is supposed to be more like Madden 2001. Another great thing about Madden and NCAA is that you can take your players from NCAA and put them into Madden. SWEET
Old 07-24-01, 09:30 PM

Videogames.com just reviewed it and gave it an 8.6 outta 10. Sounds like a buy in my opinion .
Old 07-25-01, 08:43 AM
DVD Talk Legend

IGN gave it a 9.0

see review

Daryl
Old 07-30-01, 01:56 AM
IIG
DVD Talk Special Edition

Hopefully you all know that Sega is releasing a College Football 2002 for the Dreamcast, based on the NFL 2K2 engine, that will blow EA's effort away (like Visual Concepts other NFL games always have). That's the college football I will be buying...
Old 07-30-01, 08:37 AM

IIG,

Maybe you misread the subject headline because it said nothing about giving your opinion on a dreamcast game that will never see the day of light on Playstation 2. Besides I have dreamcast and I much prefer Madden over NFL. The only thing I see going for the new Dreamcast game is that it has Drew Breese on the front as its posterboy. Gotta give them some credit there. Go Boilers. But other than that I really doubt Sega's adventure back into the college football market will be as successful as EA has been. Once again, JMHO.
Old 07-30-01, 03:59 PM
IIG
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by jhiter24
IIG,

Maybe you misread the subject headline because it said nothing about giving your opinion on a dreamcast game that will never see the day of light on Playstation 2. Besides I have dreamcast and I much prefer Madden over NFL. The only thing I see going for the new Dreamcast game is that it has Drew Breese on the front as its posterboy. Gotta give them some credit there. Go Boilers. But other than that I really doubt Sega's adventure back into the college football market will be as successful as EA has been. Once again, JMHO.
Wow, that was a bit hostile, wasn't it? Just making sure people knew that there was another college football game on the way for the Dreamcast, especially those who prefer the NFL 2K series over Madden, like me. It will see the light of day on Playstation 2 next year, by the way.
Old 07-31-01, 09:36 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by IIG

Wow, that was a bit hostile, wasn't it? Just making sure people knew that there was another college football game on the way for the Dreamcast, especially those who prefer the NFL 2K series over Madden, like me. It will see the light of day on Playstation 2 next year, by the way.
So people shouldn't buy a game out now because of a game that is coming out next year? I'm not sure I follow this logic.
Old 07-31-01, 09:46 AM

Has anyone downloaded the roster list for NCAA 2002 from IGN.com? I was wondering how well it worked. Also, would anyone who has downloaded the file care to share it with me? I don't have a subscription to ignsubscriber and would like to avoid getting one. Thanks
Old 07-31-01, 03:48 PM
IIG
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by Daryl
So people shouldn't buy a game out now because of a game that is coming out next year? I'm not sure I follow this logic.
I think that if you carefully reread, you should be able to. It is quite clear...