Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Jumpack for Ps2 - opinions?

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-01, 03:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Jumpack for Ps2 - opinions?

Did anyone pick up the new Jumpack that was released for the PS2 last week when GT3 was released? From the list of games I saw online, it looked to be a really week demo disc, with lots of movies and demos for games that are already out.. Anyone have any opinion or know what is on it exactly? Is ICO anygood?

Craig
Old 07-16-01, 04:05 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I saw the Jampack, is it actually something that is purchased? If so, how much is it? I would get it just for the playable Soul Reaver 2 demo.

I've heard ICO is supposed to be good, but those are just short impressions I've heard. Is it playable?
Old 07-16-01, 06:29 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It's $7.99

There are only 3 new playable demos. The rest are all games that have been released.

The new Demos:

-Ico
-Soul Reaver 2
-Klonoa 2

The other demos

-Zone of Enders
-Starfighter
-ATV Offroad
-Cool Boarders 2001
-MX 2002
-Red Faction
-Gauntlet: Dark Legacy

The other features

-Downloadable codes for Amored Core 2 and another game
-Trailer videos for Okage: Shadow King and Drakan II
-Behind the Scenes featurettes for Cool Boarders 2001 and Starfighter

I was pretty dissappointed by the first PS2 Jampack. It's still a good deal for 8 bucks, but by the lineup of demos this should have been out last spring. On the upside the menu navigation is so much better and less cumbersome then the PSX Jampacks. I also missed the Japanese demo that old Jampacks have. Where they present a demo for a game that will most likely never be released in U.S.

All in all, you can't go wrong with the new Jampack. Even if you have a majority of the games, the three new demos pretty good.
Klonoa is a pretty good 2 1/2D platformer. Ico is really good but frustrating. It's almost like a 3D version of Out of this World and Flashback where each new area presents a challenging puzzle. Soul Reaver on the otherhand is probably the selling point for the disc. You get a really good feel for the game here. It seems like the game adds more puzzles and action as you start out with the Soul reaver, but you have a restiction on it as prolonged use drains your energy.