Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

GT3 Cheats

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-01, 12:15 AM
AOD

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GT3 Cheats

I couldn't find a thread on this (I did look), but are there any cheats such as a load of money, instantly unlocking cars, etc..for GT3 out yet, cuz they sure don't give you much money to begin with. Just curious.
Old 07-11-01, 01:19 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

the game's not even out yet and you want to cheat? why not at least try playing the game first.
Old 07-11-01, 01:25 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I agree. Half the fun of GT is starting small and building up a huge garage of automobiles. If you just want to drive some hot cars around, try the arcade mode. If you know what you're doing, getting some real cash isn't hard -- I can do it in just a few hours of game time on GT2. With my current garage, I can earn a cool million in about fifteen minutes (notice I said earn, that's winning races to get that cash).

Besides, there's never been a "cheat" to get unlimited funds or unlocked cars in GT, just game shark codes. By the way, even if you do get the codes, there's still a whole lot of kick-ass cars you can't buy at any price -- you have to win them.
Old 07-11-01, 09:39 AM
AOD

Originally posted by DrJag
the game's not even out yet and you want to cheat? why not at least try playing the game first.
You might want to check your calendar, cuz it was out the 10th and sitting on my shelf. Anyways, all I was asking for was if there was any cheats, not for insight into the game.
Old 07-11-01, 11:44 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Where'd you manage to snag it early from?
Old 07-11-01, 12:14 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by Lampei
Where'd you manage to snag it early from?
I heard some people say that Circuit City was selling them yesterday. As for me, I got my copy yesterday from Software Etc. Anybody who pre-ordered it from that place got to pick it up on the 10th.
Old 07-11-01, 12:39 PM
AOD

I also got mine from Software Etc. They had about 250 copies (I don't know how many were pre-orders though)
Old 07-11-01, 01:28 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yes, some places sold it early. EB is selling it today and Best Buy, Target and others are selling it tomorrow. In Circuit City's ad I believe it said June 12th, so they just broke their ad date. Sometimes I wish Best Buy did that as well, but they are usually pretty hard on dates posted in the ad. I paid for my copy from EB a long time ago and will have it later today (they already called).
Old 07-11-01, 01:30 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I picked mine up today at EB. I got there before UPS came with the shipment so I was sitting in EB waiting for UPS for about 30 minutes.
Old 07-11-01, 03:00 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 34 Likes on 26 Posts
I snagged a copy at Best Buy today. As I was checking out a manager noticed and said that they weren't supposed to go on sale until the 12th. I just gave him a blank stare, paid for my purchase, and left. Now I'm just waiting to go home.
Old 07-11-01, 10:47 PM

Not Early

They aren't selling it early per say. It was shipped on the 10th (yesterday). Advertising it for the 12th is just a kind of "insurance policy" to make sure they have it in stock when you go in to pick it up.

Got mine from EB today.
Old 09-18-01, 05:07 PM

anyone know where we can find xpo gameshark saves on the net for this? my friend and I can't find any .xpo or .spf saves
Old 09-20-01, 08:41 AM

I don't see any need to question someone else's desire for cheats or codes. There's a reasonable list of (GameShark) codes at IGN.com . You do have to register to see them. How you use them is up to you.
Old 09-20-01, 11:30 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Why register at IGN when www.gameshark.com gives you the codes for free. (and those game saves.)

GT3 is great, i wish that it was a bit less difficult in spots.