Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

New Mario game for Gamecube Launch? (besides Luigi's Mansion)

Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

New Mario game for Gamecube Launch? (besides Luigi's Mansion)

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-01, 10:10 AM
Retired

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
from http://www.fgnonline.com:

[/b]Mario for Cube Launch?[/b]

New information on the new Mario game has surfaced over the weekend. Catch it here.

Various Nintendo dedicated website are now reporting that not only will the new Mario platform game be shown at SpaceWorld, but the reports are stating that it's almost complete and is looking like a launch title.

According to the reports, Mario's appearance is said to to be more mature and the game will introduce a number of new enemies and the return of the Hammer Bros. Stay tuned…
Old 06-05-01, 09:46 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sweet! When was the last time the Hammer Bros. were around? I can only remember Super Mario RPG. Also, it's nice that Mario is growing up--it's new, but the question remains: Can he do it gracefully, or will he look like an old man?
Old 06-05-01, 11:05 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I don't understand why everyone is so down on Luigi's mansion. I've been playing mario brothers since the arcade original, and unless i'm some kind of genius, Luigi IS mario, with green clothes, a higher voice, and a higher jump. What does it matter if Luigi's name is in lights as opposed to Mario's?

IMHO

Old 06-05-01, 11:16 AM
Retired

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Luigi's mansion isn't a typical mario game at all. It's not a platformer. It will be a great game, it is just not an update to Mario 64, but rather a whole new type of game. You walk with the c-stick, and aim the flash light with the analog stick. The light freezes ghosts and you then suck them in with a vacuum cleaner. It definitely sounds new and exciting, but I still want a true Mario platformer.
Old 06-06-01, 01:07 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,366 Likes on 928 Posts
god, I hope so. I played Luigi's Mansion, and while it's very cool looking, it's no regular Mario game.