Nintendo's weak lineup

Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Nintendo's weak lineup

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-01, 09:36 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Is it just me, or does Nintendo have a pretty sad lineup. Although Luigi is new, it's no substitute for Mario. Also, all the other games just seem to be not-too-interesting. It seems all the good-looking games are due out ina year or two. Here's what I'm looking forward too:

Mario (not Luigi)
Zelda
Kameo: Elements of Power
Sonic for GameCube
Duke Nukem Forever
Rugue Squadron 2: Rogue Leader
Maybe Pikman
Some decent RPG's

[Edited by Chaos on 06-01-01 at 05:52 AM]
Old 05-31-01, 09:58 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Considering I'm planning on buying 3 or 4 games at launch, I'd say it's a pretty strong line-up.
Old 05-31-01, 10:37 AM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

Phantasy Star Online might be one as well too
Old 05-31-01, 10:54 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,650 Likes on 1,031 Posts
Hell, I want the GC just for Rogue Squadron. That game looks/sounds unbelievable. Better launch line-up than the PS2 anyway...
Old 05-31-01, 10:59 AM
Retired

There's a lot more games than that coming out. Wave Race sequel, Too Human, Resident Evil Zero, Metroid, Sega Games including their sports line up, EA sports games, etc. You can go here and then click letter by letter to see all the games.

http://cube.ign.com/games.html

[Edited by joshhinkle on 05-31-01 at 09:23 AM]
Old 05-31-01, 11:02 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally posted by Chaos
Although Luigi is new, it's no substitute for Mario.
Seems to me real Nintendo fans would be ecstatic to see this game. Luigi has never had his own game (Mario is Missing for SNES is one, but it doesn't count ) and I want to see what he can do. The Rogue Squadron looks incredible, Rare has moved their latest N64 developments over to the Gamecube, and EA will be relasing games for the system. It's premature to criticize. Especially when the system won't be released for another five months.
Old 05-31-01, 11:23 AM
Retired

Originally posted by IC_Freeze
Phantasy Star Online might be one as well too
from http://www.fgnonline.com

Gamecube Online?

Gamecube: Sonic Team has high hopes to allow Gamecube users to play Phantasy Star Online Ver2 online.

Speaking to Japanese publication Famitsu, Sonic Team leader Yuji Naka explained, "I haven't done any work concerning the Gamecube PSO network yet. What I want you to know for now is how passionate we are about Gamecube."

He continued, "We showed a four-player version of PSO at E3 because the network option was not ready. We want to release the Gamecube version of the game to coincide with the release of the Gamecube modem, we plan to make PSO playable online on the Gamecube."
Old 05-31-01, 11:58 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

What are you on crack! Here is my launch lineup for the Gamecube!

4. Rogue Leader

3. Wave Race: Blue Storm

2. Luigi's Manison

1. Super Smash Brothers: Melee

It's going to be a LONG wait till November. Good thing I'm picking up a GBA in 11 days to help pass the time!
Old 05-31-01, 12:52 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Super SMAAAAAAAAAAAASH Bros. Melee

-Matt
Old 05-31-01, 02:24 PM
Banned

Hells No! Nintendo has the best lineup out of any of the consoles. X-Box has crap, PS2 still doesn't have anything great, Nintendo is coming out with like 5 of their best games on launch. I thought this was some kind of joke when I read the subject title.
Old 06-01-01, 04:57 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
I looking forward to the GBA and Gamecube lineup more than the PS2 and Xbox combined.
Old 06-01-01, 12:09 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
the comment "Nintendo's Weak Lineup" is just about the dumbest thing i ever heard. If you remember PS2's line up... if you remember PSX line up, if you remeber DC's line up.. and if you know XBOX's line up.. Nintendo has everything it needs to give sony a run for its money.

DC didn't have the best opening line up, but they easily jumped on that one soon after release and pumped out games fast enough to meet the customers happiness.

PSX didn't have much when it was released in the know games because it was a new machine

PS2 had jack shyte to its name when it came out, and in many ways, still doesn't have anything worth the purchase

Xbox's releases are still in the works. but if they can get the games cranked out, they have no problem in staying alive and a major player.

Now Nintendo... plain and simply. this one looks like it will sweep it all away. starting with a really low starting price, then with games people already know about.

Sure its another mario game, but guess what. Nintendo has that support behind them that they sold that name. it is a house hold brand name. people will eat up like nothing before! Super Smash brothers melee... another title that will sell the system in a flash. not to mentin a resident evil game in the works that has been a long time waiting now, Star wars game that looks so damn perfect.. this is a system you can't say it has a weak line up. it has one of the best, most known line ups that will Sell itself to the customer.

Old 06-01-01, 12:45 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I'm not gonna be dumping my PS2 or dC anytime soon, but I think I'll definately be grabbing a Cube
Old 06-01-01, 02:19 PM

I'm just saying that they're opening lineup could be better--only 6 six games, and they're holding back a Mario and Zelda game. With only 6 titles, they could put more than 6 titles at launch. Of course they'll probably add on to the opeing title list before GC launches.
Old 06-01-01, 08:42 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

The six titles are the one's NINTENDO themselves are bringing out. 3rd parties like Sega, Factor 5, EA, etc. will also have titles for the Gamecube launch. There will be MORE than six games for Gamecube at launch. Remember Sony only released ONE game for PS2 launch. Fantavision.
Old 06-02-01, 05:05 AM
Cool New Member

And here I thought the Gamecube had some of the most impressive looking launch software ever.
Old 06-02-01, 08:09 AM

Originally posted by CreatureX
The six titles are the one's NINTENDO themselves are bringing out. 3rd parties like Sega, Factor 5, EA, etc. will also have titles for the Gamecube launch. There will be MORE than six games for Gamecube at launch. Remember Sony only released ONE game for PS2 launch. Fantavision.
Sorry about that then, I though the GameCube would have ONLY 6 titles at launch, I didn't take into account the other parties.
Old 06-02-01, 03:23 PM

The thing to remember about Nintendos line-up is that they never announce their biggest titles at a US based show. They always save the biggest games to unveil in Japan at their own shows, and the Tokyo Game Show or Spaceworld (forgot which one it is) is in Japan this August, which is a few months before both the Japanese and US launch. They have said already in interviews that a Mario game is in the works and they have always launched a new system with a Mario game (Mario 64, Mario Advance, Super Mario etc.)

I'd be willing to be they will show Mario Gamecube and probably Zelda and a few other big surprise games at the Tokyo show in August.

Old 06-03-01, 03:53 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Any talk/rumors of a Mario Kart for the game cube?

How about the rumor of it supporting DC games? Has this been verified yet?

Thanks
Old 06-03-01, 07:49 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally posted by schlitz100

How about the rumor of it supporting DC games? Has this been verified yet?

Thanks
How could it support DC games when the discs are too big to fit in the console? The rumor was the Xbox might support the DC games, but Microsoft quickly shot it down.
Old 06-04-01, 02:45 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I'm sure it'll only be a couple of months before a GC release in either the Mario Kart or Diddy Kong Racing lines comes out... Rare are still signed on as a second-party producer, so I'd bet that they've got a Diddy Kong Racing game coming up some time in the not too distant future...
Old 06-05-01, 02:46 AM
Banned

Originally posted by TheyCallHimJim
I'm sure it'll only be a couple of months before a GC release in either the Mario Kart or Diddy Kong Racing lines comes out... Rare are still signed on as a second-party producer, so I'd bet that they've got a Diddy Kong Racing game coming up some time in the not too distant future...
Donkey Kong Racing has already been announced and is ****ing unbelievable. Instead of riding cars and **** you ride animals. I downloaded some video and they had this one scene where you were racing on these huge bees through a forest and it looked like scenes out of Star Wars Episode VI!!! It was amazing!
Old 06-05-01, 09:31 AM

Now if only Nintendo would take the next step and make it a cool racing game instead of a game where you are a Donkey riding on the back of an ostrich!

Old 06-05-01, 11:17 AM
Retired

Two more good games announced

1080 Confirmed for Gamecube

Gamecube: Nintendo has confirmed 1080 Snowboarding 2 and Bomberman for release on Gamecube.

The two new titles have now been added Nintendo's official Gamecube product list, according to Nintendojo.

No details regarding the actual games themselves have been announced, but at least they're coming.
Old 06-05-01, 05:07 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

If this continues with the awesome games being announced i may just pick up gamecube and ditch PS2

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.