Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

E3's almost here!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-01, 08:01 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Any hopes/dreams for what'll be shown at E3? They're supposed to be showing some 750 new never-before seen games, along with what the Gamecube can REALLY do!!
Old 05-15-01, 09:14 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Duke Nukem Forever?
Old 05-15-01, 09:19 AM

For me, it's all about the XBox right now. Of course, I am most interested in price/launch date details, and that should be announced tomorrow morning in Microsoft's press conference. Microsoft's showing at E3 is going to be very important to XBox, so I'm watching with eager eyes.

Gamecube is probably 2nd on my list. I can't helped but be stoked by a next-generation Mario game. Zelda and Wave Race are also high on my list. I'm taking a wait-and-see approach with Gameboy Advance; some of you read my other thread and saw that I was most disappointed with the brightness of the screen, but perhaps it *was* a low battery issue, so I'll try to view some others if I can.

PS2 would be last. Yeah, I know, GT3 looks awesome, but the game's been in development for several years--shouldn't it look awesome? How many other developers have the time and resources to devote to a single game like that? I've not been extremely impressed with PS2's offerings so far. Maybe E3 will bring back my faith in the system, but right now, I'm very glad I saved my money and passed on a PS2...for now. E3 may change that.

PC gaming...nah. Other than a few games I have for my PC (such as HL and UT) I've got little interest in PC gaming. I don't like having to constantly upgrade my PC to get a better gaming experience; that's why I prefer console gaming.

It's definitely an exciting time to be into videogaming!
Old 05-15-01, 12:35 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I'm hoping to see some more 2-D games. I have nothing against 3-D games, but 2-D is far from dead, and still has much to offer. And now we have systems that can pull it off without a problem. I'm up for a new Street Fighter, or any other good 2-D fighter with higher resolution (like Guilty Gear X), as well as some more shooters and side-scrollers. Too bad SNK is gone though. But it's up to Capcom to keep it alive.

Other games I'm hoping to see:

Shenmue 2 - DC
RE: CVX - PS2
FFX - PS2
DOA3 - ?
Soul Calibur 2 - ?
Jet Grind 2 - ?
Sega GT 2 - ?
Spy Hunter new - ?
Super Puzzle Fighter IIX - DC (bring it!)
Samurai Spirits collection - DC (make it!)
Old 05-15-01, 04:09 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I'm going to pick up my E3 badge tomorrow! The top of my list is GAMECUBE! I can't wait to see what Miyamoto and the rest of Nintendo have in store for us Nintendo fanatics!

I'm also going to check out the rebirth of the 2D games, Gameboy Advance! Then of course Xbox and the new wave of PS2 games. Oh yeah, I need to take a picture with Lita from WWF!
Old 05-16-01, 08:16 AM

How'd you get an E3 badge????? (hoping to get one when I go to college)!!
Old 05-16-01, 09:37 AM

For me, It's all about GameCube. Rogue Squadron 2, Luigi's Mansion, Rebirth, Waverace 2, and Zelda. I've heard even some of these will be playable. Plus all the GBA games that are ready for launch. Although I have had my GBA for 8 weeks, I still have to see Tony Hawk up close. This year Nintendo will finally have the hot booth.

On the PS2, I was looking forward to Dakr Cloud, then I heard it didn't have much gameplay. Build your towns and go itno them and thats about it. Mainly, Final Fantasy X, MGS2 and Baulders Gate - Dark Alliance (Underated). Think I will go talk to Konami about bringing Powerful Pro Baseball here to the US. There just seems to be a lul lately for good sports titles. Besides NFL2K1, NBA 2K1, and NHL 2001 for the PSX. Where is the good Baseball and Hockey game for the PS2?...

X-Box. What can I say. It's almost twice as big (Volume) as the PS2. *Cough* Set Top Box *Cough* with the power of Gates and unlimited finances, I am not really impressed as of yet. There have been some great movies so far (Konami's Air-Force Delta 2 looks amazing), but still yet to hear of any major titles that get me excited.

Sega, all I can say is Shenmue 2 baby. I can't wait to have a look at this title.

Square, Konami, Capcom, Namco, Working Designs, Eidos (hehe), Interplay, and EA will be my first stops.
Is this going to be the best E3 show or what? I can't wait to get on the floor.