Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

B.B.S. Game Question

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-01, 09:17 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts
I have been thinking of the old bbs i used to go to in my youth, when I remembered a game where you would buy land like farms for found and military to build your armys. You could attack each other within the bbs or stage a major attack on another bbs if you wanted on a specific day. It was the coolest game however i can't quite remember the name of it. Anyone remember?

ShadowHawk
Old 05-08-01, 09:23 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I don't remember that one but my favorite was L.O.R.D. man that game was the most awesome game ever
Old 05-08-01, 09:50 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Was it global wars? I don't think I ever played it, but I remember friends talking about it. My favorite was always TradeWars, anyways. There are still TradeWars boards available through telenet, incidentally, and a new 3d version rumoured to be on the way.
Old 05-09-01, 08:54 AM

That's freakin awesome!!! i played L.O.R.D., daily, and i was totally addicted to trade wars for 2 months...i had all the planet's info printed out and ****...it was chaos...i also loved the risk on B.B.S.'s...what other games were there...i loved them all! Oh Yeah! Does anyone remember Pimp Wars? that one was bad ass as well...
Old 05-09-01, 10:23 AM
Cool New Member

The games name was

I believe the one you are talking about was BRE <--correct?
Old 05-09-01, 02:05 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts
BRE is it, god I loved that game, keep the graphics and bring more like this on. Thanks for the walk down memory lane.

ShadowHawk
Old 05-09-01, 02:10 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Trade Wars was so much fun. The other game i really liked which i also can't remember the name of was a game that started out at 0,0 and as you moved further away you encountered harder monsters (i believe it went to 250,250 and -250,-250) and you tried to collect treasures. sometimes you would find an item "crown" or somesuch and then your were king of the realm and could tax other players and stuff. It was so interesting for the time.
Old 05-10-01, 08:38 AM
Cool New Member

That game you are talking about is...

Exitilus ...
Old 05-10-01, 11:52 AM

Originally posted by mljones99
I don't remember that one but my favorite was L.O.R.D. man that game was the most awesome game ever
L.O.R.D. kicked so much butt it wasn't even funny. I played that on several different BBSs almost every day for an entire summer. Is there anywhere to play it still?

There was another awesome game where I think you were a solder in a nuclear future. You went around to different bases and killed things and gathered weapons etc. Does anyone have any idea what game I was talking about?

Brian