The one, the Only E3 thread..

Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

The one, the Only E3 thread..

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-01, 03:21 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Well its not even a month away. May 17th..

well put your thoughts on this years so to be in here.

and deftones, you get the out yet?
Old 04-27-01, 09:57 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So who's going?

I'm flyin in on May 16 baby!

Maynerd
Old 04-27-01, 10:33 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Someday...I will attend one of these bad boy events!!!

There is much to cover at this show for the upcoming months...
Old 04-27-01, 10:56 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 10 Likes on 1 Post
Keyser will be driving the 4Runner down there and staying with his Uncle (in Santa Monica) either the Tues, or Weds before the event.

I kind of want to get down there, because I recieved an invite to attend the Nintendo unvailing of the gamecube.

Last year Nintendo gave out pretty nice "press satchel" bags at their event. Wonder what they'll give out this year.

Are we still going to try and do a "meet and greet" at the event?

-keyser "can't wait to play HALO" soze
###
Old 04-27-01, 11:03 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by Keyser Soze
Keyser will be driving the 4Runner down there and staying with his Uncle (in Santa Monica) either the Tues, or Weds before the event.
Hey Keyser, swing by Austin, TX and pick me up.
Old 04-27-01, 11:11 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by Phuzbox

Yeah...and swing up to Cincinnati and pick me up...
Old 04-27-01, 01:54 PM

I would absolutely *love* to attend E3 some year.

Back in the early 90's, I attended several of the summer CES shows in Chicago. It was before E3's time, and video games/electronic entertainment was a big part of this show. Even when they made CES open only to industry folks, I still got in as I was part of a ragtag group of gamers who put out reviews on games. It was enough to get us advance copies of games from companies as well as get me into the CES with no hassle at all. Because I was seen as "press", I got tons of cool, free stuff at the show that was for press-only folks. I remember looking at a lot of the "new" stuff coming out for the 3DO and, upon seeing I was press, getting a ton of free "Way of the Warrior" themed stuff (like a t-shirt, hat, etc.) from a booth lady. People around me just stared in awe, and immediately asked for their share of swag only to be turned away.

I don't know if it would be just as easy to get into E3 as it was to get into the summer CES, but it'd be worth a try. The feeling I got being at those shows was literally akin to how I felt on Christmas morning as a child. Damn, I was giddy!

To all those going--I envy you beyond words. To those who aren't--which website do you feel gives the best coverage of E3, not just in terms of content but timeliness?
Old 04-27-01, 02:53 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I hit myself every time I think that I could of went to one about 4 years ago, and I passed it up due to the fact that I didn't save the money. My job would of got me in, but everything else I woudl of had to pay.
Old 04-28-01, 08:27 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 46 Likes on 28 Posts
Originally posted by Phuzbox

I am in Austin as well. I will give you gas money.
Old 04-28-01, 06:01 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I'm going too. Flying in on the 16th and staying through the 19th. I have been going every year since it started and always look forward to it. I look forward to seeing the X Box, Game Cube, Game Boy Advance, and all the new stuff for the PC and PS2.
Old 04-28-01, 06:51 PM

Originally posted by BigDaddy

Damn, who isn't in Austin?

Pick me up and I'll bring the beer!
Old 04-28-01, 10:02 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by DoomsDave

WOO HOO! Road Trip!!!
Old 04-28-01, 10:06 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I really want to go, but I am too young.
Old 04-30-01, 04:01 PM

I'm flying in on the 15th, leaving on the 20th.

Been waiting... at least 13 years now for this. I have a couple of friends who have been before, so I sorta know what to expect. The difference is that they all had to tend booths, and I'm going there purely for the show. I'll be doing Conference Track 1, while my brother and brother-in-law will be doing Workshops on the 16th. Only two more weeks...
Old 04-30-01, 07:45 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I'm in Austin too... pick me up... I'll buy dinner
Old 04-30-01, 08:53 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 958 Likes on 665 Posts
who can get in? there is no way i could go seeing as i am in fl but i was just wondering, is it only those in the industry or can anyone get in.
Old 05-01-01, 03:56 AM
HN
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 64 Likes on 39 Posts
Pictures and videos

ok, so i'm really excited to go. My buddy and I are planning on taking a whole buncha digital pictures and videos. we plan to set up a page and have all those pics and video clips available for viewing by anyone not able to go (or anyone else who wants to see them). What I need to know is how you would like the pictures--the variables are resolution, quality, and quantity. Hi res, hi quality would be low quantity, vice versa, and variations thereof (therein, whatever,).

here are the details and a sample of different resolution, quality settings, and approximate number of pics that each combination can accomodate on my compact flash card-->http://www.expertstartup.com/~smackdownhn/samples.html (server may be kinda slow so don't hit it too hard ok? :P ). Voting page has been implemented. click on "vote" at the bottom of the page and it will take you to the voting area.

If it's ok with the mods, I would like to have this in it's own thread as well (one in video game and one in computer talk). Please? pretty please?

And if you here a loud yelp coming from southern california, that would be me receiving my E3 pass in the mailbox courtesy of mr. deftones

--HN

p.s. this is PURELY a public service. something nice done for me, so i want to give back a little something

[Edited by HN on 05-01-01 at 10:10 AM]
Old 05-01-01, 01:18 PM
HN
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 64 Likes on 39 Posts
New question added-->What would you like me to take pictures of? Girs, Guys, Games, Hardware, or "dude, just go crazy with the camera"

This link takes you directly to the polls-->http://www.expertstartup.com/~smackd...poll.cgi?start

--HN
Old 05-02-01, 09:42 AM

I kind of want to get down there, because I recieved an invite to attend the Nintendo unvailing of the gamecube.

Last year Nintendo gave out pretty nice "press satchel" bags at their event. Wonder what they'll give out this year.

did they send you an invite or did you call to get on a list? i've got a press pass, but haven't been invited to the nintendo party yet. got invites to others, but no nintendo. any ideas. i really want that "press satchel"!!
Old 05-02-01, 04:00 PM

pretty psyched

I cant wait. I'm going with the web site i work for, TNL(The Next Level). We have already received our confirmations and passes. I am flying in on the 16th and staying until the 20th. Should be a great show, although Im a little sad it wont be a huge event from Sega this year.

My email box has been filling to the brim lately with letters from companies who want to meet with me and such, but im sure anyone going probably gets these.

Another thing that has me excited is meeting all these people i work with on the website that I have never met in person. Not to mention a few people from certain publications that I have been in contact with for quite some time now.

L.A. HERE I COME!
Old 05-02-01, 05:05 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by mljones99

I'm in Austin too... pick me up... I'll buy dinner
While your at Austin...Swing by San Antonio...I'll buy the entertainment.
Old 05-03-01, 12:36 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I hope the Deftones17 group gets together if only to make sure our friend with the tickets gets his share of beer

I hope to have a bunch of fun. at the very least it will be a one of a kind event for me.

Old 05-03-01, 01:13 AM
Banned

Originally posted by freedexter
I really want to go, but I am too young.
I was 17 and got in as press at E3 '99.
Old 05-03-01, 06:30 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Super Smash Bros. 2 demo on the Gamecube, baby!

-Matt
Old 05-04-01, 12:56 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live.
Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
Re: pretty psyched

You better pick me up some free stuff while you guys are there. Especially since you're blowing off a road trip to myrtle beach (not that I blame you, E3 will probably be better) See if any one is hiring programmers

Originally posted by Mezz
I cant wait. I'm going with the web site i work for, TNL(The Next Level). We have already received our confirmations and passes. I am flying in on the 16th and staying until the 20th. Should be a great show, although Im a little sad it wont be a huge event from Sega this year.

My email box has been filling to the brim lately with letters from companies who want to meet with me and such, but im sure anyone going probably gets these.

Another thing that has me excited is meeting all these people i work with on the website that I have never met in person. Not to mention a few people from certain publications that I have been in contact with for quite some time now.

L.A. HERE I COME!

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.