Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Spiderman??

Old 04-19-01, 05:44 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anyone have any input on buying the new Spiderman game released yesterday for the Dreamcast?? Worth it or not?
Old 04-19-01, 12:04 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

This game as great on the psx, and the pics I've seen look really good. I didn't realize it was out already.
Old 04-19-01, 01:30 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I picked it up yesterday and it has been loads of fun. Even just fooling around in kid mode swinging through the city has been a lot of fun. Between this game and black and white i will have no free time for a while
Old 04-19-01, 09:32 PM

Just got it today. Good game. It starts off very easy, but by the time you get to Venom the difficulty makes a sharp increase (I've been fighting Venom for over an hour and called it quits for now). Also, the graphics were a let-down. Treyarch (who did the conversion) made all these statements about beefing up the graphics, but all they did was take the PSX graphics and put them in Hi-res, which is unfortunate as the Dreamcast can do so much more. Well, break time is almost over, then I kick Venom's ass!
Old 04-20-01, 12:47 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

So, Ford Perfect, if you had it to buy over again, would you still make the purchase?
Old 04-20-01, 01:40 AM

I'm not sure anymore. 5 hours ago I would have said yes. However I just spent 5 hours trying to get past ONE boss (Mysterio). What should have been and a somewhat difficult battle became overly difficult due to shoddy play control (You need to press Y+UP to do your web ball to beat Mysterio, yet 1 out of 3 times I would end up doing the Web Dome instead and die because of it [I tried multiple controllers just to be sure that the controller was not the issue]). Add to that the total cheese factor of some of the bosses (I have not seen cheese this bad since Onslaught in MARVEL vs CAPCOM), and the fun instantly left the game only to be replaced by pure frustration and hatred for Neversoft.
Old 04-21-01, 11:18 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally posted by Shuki
So, Ford Perfect, if you had it to buy over again, would you still make the purchase?
This is why the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Universe had problems. Ford Prefect was a car released in Canada and was the name of the Character in the books. The car was not released in the US (it sucked, which was why the character was named for it), and we Americans kept thinking it was For Perfect, instead.

Just a little trivia for you.
Old 04-21-01, 12:57 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I'm having some second thoughts about buying this...I think I"ll stick to GBA games for now.
Old 04-21-01, 10:01 PM

I have the PSX version, and it is really fun, especially since you can do tons of things that Spiderman can do. Unfortunately, the game is extremely easy and you can beat it in less than a day (went through it 3 times - twice on easy and once on hard) in a weekend.
Old 04-21-01, 10:15 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I just finished downl... errrr... buying the game yesterday, and while it is fun, I fully agree that the bosses can be a pain in the butt. It would be better if you had a stationary camera for some of them (especially the disappearing venom...).

I also agree that the rest of the game is quite easy (though I am just playing on normal), and will probably only go through again to get all of the comics.
Old 04-22-01, 04:49 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
I tried it out and liked it enough to go and buy the DC version. Its not perfect, but it is one of the best Super Hero based games I have played.