Community
Search

F/S: Geforce FX 5700 video card

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-04, 10:29 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
F/S: Geforce FX 5700 video card

I have a Geforce FX 5700 128 MB video card for sell. I just bought it barely a month ago. I am selling it because it does not work properly with Splinter Cell. The FX series of cards do not display the shadows and lighting effects properly. I didn't know this until after I bought the card and read about it on another forum. So for now I decided to keep my old Geforce 3, and sell the FX 5700. It still has the original box and drivers, etc. I am asking for $125 shipped.
Old 03-12-04, 12:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This will probably get locked as it doesn't have anything to do with actual video games but are you interested in trades for it?
Old 03-12-04, 12:49 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 917 Likes on 677 Posts
Have you tried updating your drivers? I have the 5800 Ultra (AKA The Leafblower) and it runs Splinter Cell without an issue.
Old 03-13-04, 08:34 AM
Banned

Wepaman, I would consider trades for it. Do you have a list of trades? A high want of mine would be a Gamecube system and/or South Park Season 3 DVD set.

noonan4224, I read on the main Splinter Cell forums that other people have the same problems as me with FX cards. Basically, light sources don't show, such as the flashlight that later guards use don't show up on the screen. I read that it is a problem with the 5x.xx series of drivers. The 4x.xx drivers don't have the problem. Unfortunately, the Geforce 5700 FX cannot use the older 4x.xx drivers.
Old 03-15-04, 04:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New Drivers Released

NVIDIA ForceWare Drivers v56.64 -
11:32 AM EST - Mar,15 2004 -
A new WHQL Forceware graphics drivers v56.64 are available for download from the official NVIDIA download page (WinXP/2k ~ Win9x) This new version adds support for GeForce 5700 and GeForce 5700 Ultra, NVIDIA nView 3.5 Multi-display technology, improves HDTV Y Pr Pb component out support for 480i, 480p, 720p, and 1080i formats.

Issues Resolved in Version 56.64
* GeForce FX 5700/5700 Ultra/5950 Ultra, Windows XP: Rendering problems in Splinter Cell buffer shadow mode.
* Image Sharpening is being applied by default, causing text to appear thinner on some CRTs.
* GeForce FX 5700/5700 Ultra, Ravenshield: Corruption occurs in the game after a party member death.
* All GeForce FX, Windows XP: Intermittently, Warcraft III videos are not displayed properly on some systems.
* GeForce FX 5950 Ultra, Windows XP: nView Setup Wizard lacks 16-bit color choice.
* Quadro NVS, Windows XP: After turning off Span-over-Span, the display properties panel stops responding when selecting the Quadro NVS page.
* Quadro NVS, Windows XP: Flight.exe OpenGL has stripes of bad rendering on dual Quadro NVS cards.
* Quadro NVS 280 AGP + Quadro NVS 280 PCI, Windows 2000: Driver does not install with SETUP.EXE.
* Windows XP: Black horizontal lines in Need for Speed Hot Pursuit 2.
* Quadro NVS, Windows XP: Driver causes blue-screen crash.
* Geforce2, Windows XP: Command and Conquer - Generals game back screen is black
* Geforce4 MX, Windows XP: Rendering problems with Armies of eXigo
* GeForce FX 5950 Ultra, Windows XP: 8xAA isn't working in Flight Simulator 2004.
* GeForce3 Ti, Windows XP/2000: VBO alt-tab crash
* Windows XP: PAL-M is incorrectly outputting 50 Hz instead of 60 Hz.
* nView Setup Wizard, Windows NT 4.0: Display mode, resolution and bit depth are not set properly when Span or Clone mode are selected in wizard
* GeForce FX 5700, Windows Me: WinDVD/PowerDVD hangs in nView Clone mode with video mirror enabled.
Old 03-15-04, 11:58 PM
Banned

Thank you!! That driver was just released today I noticed. I was planning on putting the Geforce FX 5700 on ebay for sale this weekend since no one on this board was interested. Now, I am going to keep it and ebay my old Geforce 3.