Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Big Apple Cancelled!

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-01, 03:19 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
Damn those fools at CBS! They've done it again. I'm still bitter after the demise of EZ Streets years ago and now they pull the best series they had since after only a few episodes.

Granted I know a lot of people didn't watch, but this show was great. It had a great interweaving and complex storyline.

Damn you CBS. I'll be the only one, but I am now on a CBS strike.
Old 04-02-01, 03:27 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
I'll be honest I gave this show a chance and thought it was too complicated and not enough charachter development.

I mean how far could they go with this NYC cop working with these FBI guys. The premis was cool, but in reality it didn't work for me.

Hey, but I only watched 2 episodes.
Old 04-02-01, 04:59 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I too had high hopes and thought the acting was great in the series, but like CPA-ESQ, it also lost me after two episodes. Didn't really do anything for me and when there are so many other shows to watch, why waste my time?

You shouldn't boycott CBS if for no other reason than you would miss the best new show on television: C.S.I.
Old 04-02-01, 05:11 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Madison, WI ("77 square miles surrounded by reality")
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
There's a difference between neatly done complexity that can be followed like Law and Order and that murky mess they were making of Big Apple. I for one, won't miss it.

And I'll put in another big cheer for CSI, the best show CBS has had in ages.
Old 04-03-01, 12:28 AM

I never really watched the show, but I was rooting for Ed O'Neil. Hope his next project turns out better.
Old 04-03-01, 12:36 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
<small>Originally posted by CPA-ESQ. Hey, but I only watched 2 episodes. </small>
Same here and besides did they expect power house ratings against ER?
Old 04-03-01, 01:37 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
I've seen a handful of CSI episodes and the effect is starting to wear off, it just seems like the same stuff every week, as opposed to Law and Order where they use the same construct every week but keep it fresh.

Nothing left to watch on CBS, damn and Gideon's Crossing got cancelled to. That would be just two of my favorites of the class of 2000 that survived (Ed and Gilmore Girls.)
Old 04-03-01, 11:28 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by annointed1
I never really watched the show, but I was rooting for Ed O'Neil. Hope his next project turns out better.
I never saw any episodes of the show, but I agree about Ed O'Neill. The poor guy's never going to get a decent job in Hollywood again because of his portrayal of Al Bundy for all those years.
Old 04-03-01, 02:40 PM

Originally posted by clemente
Nothing left to watch on CBS, damn and Gideon's Crossing got cancelled to. That would be just two of my favorites of the class of 2000 that survived (Ed and Gilmore Girls.)
I love both Ed and Gilmore Girls, and was very relieved to hear that both got picked up for a second season.

Sorry for the off-topic comment.
Old 04-04-01, 03:58 PM

Received 99 Likes on 82 Posts
I feel kind of sorry for Michael Madsen. He has been involved in two good shows that both got cancelled. First Vengeance Unlimited, now Big Apple (I have only seen 2 episodes, but I thought they were promising).
There have been a few other great shows mentioned in this thread that I watch religiously: C.S.I., Ed, and Law and Order (Haven't seen Gilmore Girls, but have heard great things). I hope these shows will all be around for some time to come. I hope The Fugitive will too, but I have my doubts.
Old 04-24-01, 10:40 PM

im with clemente
DAMN CBS
i hate alot of shows on tv right now but i loved BIG APPLE
i'll admit i was confused the first 2 episodes but i knew i would be and i knew that i would start understanding it later. and i was till they cancelled it. i hate cbs. i hate surviver, i hate csi, i hate er, i hate freinds, i hate alot of shows. but damnit the shows i do like get cancelled. i havent been this upset since quantem leap. i hate tv
Old 04-25-01, 07:48 AM

Big Suprise.

The show was good, but it was hard to follow without your complete attention. I tried to watch a few times while doing something else, and I was completely lost.

it's a weird comparison, but it was like picking up a twin peaks episode in the middle of the season and trying to follow. The entire cast seemed to have a moody dark cloud over them which was a little off.