Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

What happened on the episode after Buffy's mom died?

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

What happened on the episode after Buffy's mom died?

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-01, 01:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I missed it. Can someone please shed some light? Thanks.
Old 03-08-01, 01:57 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
I really wish you hadn't put that info in the thread title -- considering that another thread with this same info set off an ugly *spoiler* debate here just a few days back. (Please read the "Buffy's Mom... Why?" thread for details.)

That said, if you want to know what happened in the episode "The Body", I'll just say: very little, in terms of plot. It wasn't that kind of episode. And a whole lot in terms of character emotions, amazing acting, fine writing and such.

Here's a review:

http://www.aintitcool.com/display.cgi?id=8272

[Edited by adamblast on 03-08-01 at 12:01 PM]
Old 03-08-01, 02:30 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Even though you've been told, i'll just say it again since that is a huge spoiler and deserves another warning....dont put a spoiler in your topic headline and use the spoiler function in your thread so you dont ruin anything for those that missed out or taped it.

The Body was a great piece of television. A completley different kind of Buffy episode in terms of style and tone, but great nontheless.
Old 03-08-01, 02:33 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 616 Likes on 495 Posts
If it has been more than a week since the episode, spoiler warnings are unnecessary. Sheesh.
Old 03-12-01, 06:46 PM

My thought exactly, Red Dog, but I'll use the spoiler function next time. Thanks for the reminders.
Old 03-12-01, 09:43 PM
Needs to provide a working email

The real answer-- without incessant whining about spoilers for old episodes-- is that, sweeps being over, Buffy went back into reruns.
Old 03-14-01, 08:35 AM

Originally posted by Red Dog
If it has been more than a week since the episode, spoiler warnings are unnecessary. Sheesh.
Yes, but it hasn't aired yet in England, or any other country, and there are a lot of folks here who watch Buffy in those places.

Not saying you can't talk about it, just don't put the spoiler in the subject line where people can't help but read it.

Anyway, The Body was probably the best episode I've seen. It was very well done. After that its been rerun city so far.
Old 03-14-01, 02:04 PM
Mod Emeritus

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I don't watch Buffy but a good few overseas viewers will be peeved. It is simplicity itself to delete the thread. Or ask a mod to reword it for you....
Old 03-18-01, 09:53 AM

Oh, come on. It's over. That's like somebody posting a message with the title "Worf's got a son!" ... well, duh. It aired already. If it *hadn't* aired, it would be a spoiler. It *HAS* aired, though, and therefore isn't a spoiler. If you missed it, it's your own fault, don't come whining "oh no, don't spoil me!"
Old 03-18-01, 10:09 AM
Mod Emeritus

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
ThunderChild, I'm sorry you feel this way.... two of us have mentioned that reecent episodes haven't yet aired outside of the US and that there are non-US readers of this board.

It doesn't take much effort to compose a thoughtful subject header, IMNSHO.

[Edited by benedict on 03-18-01 at 08:32 AM]