Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Any Matlock Fans?

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-01, 08:58 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Who here is a Matlock fan? Come on you know you can't help but watch the reruns on TBS/WGN!

As you know, Matlock switched babes alot and private investigators. Which were your favorites?

My favorite gal on Matlock was Jeri Stone from the last season, played by Carol Huston. My fave PI was Conrad McMasters or Cliff.

Old 03-06-01, 09:42 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Yes, I confess. I watched that show religiously when it originally aired, not much now though. I'm a huge Andy Griffith Show fan too. My favorite PI was also Conrad, played by Clarence Gilyard.
Old 03-06-01, 11:25 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
where is Classicman when he can answer this one??
Old 08-03-06, 06:36 PM

Love that show!

I've been watching Matlock for many years now and I can't wait until someone puts the show on DVD. I also like Conrad as the investigator. Tyler was ok, but I much prefer Conrad. He seems more serious or focused, I don't know. The Obsession used to be my fav episode when I was younger (my friends teased me when I was a teenager because I liked Matlock... kids can be so cruel, lol, although I'm not sure how many 26-year-olds like the show). I always liked the two episodes with Billy Wheeler (R. Travis) too.
Old 08-03-06, 07:09 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 616 Likes on 495 Posts

"Get to Matlock! Maaatlooock!"
Old 08-03-06, 08:40 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Conrad could kick Tyler's ass. Of course, it was cool when Tyler went undercover in the military, but Conrad was still the man. Cliff? No.

Of the ladies, Charlene. Her character was pretty boring, but I've met Linda Purl a few times, and she's a really wonderful person, so I'm biased.

Useless Matlock fact: after Kari Lizer left the show, she started writing for television and eventually created The New Adventures of Old Christine.

das
Old 08-03-06, 10:13 PM

I figured all of the Matlock fans would be dead by now...it has been so long since new episodes aired. What a shock!
Old 08-03-06, 10:39 PM

I used to watch this with my Pop (he loved it). I really don't think I ever saw a bad episode, it's a pretty good show. Funny thing is, my viewings were so few and far between, I was frequently scratching my head about the assistant and PI casting ("Huh, I didn't remember her looking like that ..."). I really should improve my concentration skills.
Old 08-04-06, 01:35 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 119 Likes on 71 Posts
I like it when Don Knotts would make a guest appearance as Matlock's Friend & Neighbor.
Old 08-04-06, 09:26 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
I loved this show, but I have loved any kind of mystery related show or movie since I was 7 years old. I just want my damn Matlock on DVD already!