Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Tonights Sopranos premiere.......

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-01, 01:09 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,366 Likes on 928 Posts
Spoiler:
Both episodes were pretty good. I didn't like how they did the CGI crap with Tony's mom. It looked extremely fake and very lame. Did anyone catch the brief appearance of Pu$$y in the mirror in the second episode? Tony opened up a closet or cabinet with a mirror and it showed Pu$$y in the mirror. Anyone know the significance of that?
Old 03-05-01, 01:14 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sopranos in Widescreen

How cool was that they HBO gave the viewer their choice of Widescreen or Fullscreen!!
Old 03-05-01, 01:17 AM
DVD Talk God

Re: Sopranos in Widescreen

Originally posted by Low RG
How cool was that they HBO gave the viewer their choice of Widescreen or Fullscreen!!
I agree. Stupid puke and scan. Luckily they aired the widescreen on the regular HBO as I don't have HBO plus or whatever it is.
Old 03-05-01, 01:26 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

This is it! Widescreen is movin' on up.
Old 03-05-01, 02:46 AM

I think the acknowledgement that on HBO was widescreen and on the secondary HBO Plus was the Pan&Scan speaks mountains on how HBO and David Chase (creator of the show) feels on the matter.
Old 03-05-01, 08:47 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Can someone give me the 411 on episode 2? I have my VCR tape 8-10p.m., so I missed most of episode 2, but caught the tale end of it where
Spoiler:
Carmela rips on Livia, and so does her dad
. Any interesting plot points that will springboard the series for the next 11 episodes? Please spoiler-fy it if you feel need to do so. TIA.
Old 03-05-01, 10:50 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 46 Likes on 28 Posts
I kept moving back form widescreen to pan and scan to see the differnce. I hope the whole season is going to be this way. Next weeks looks like it is going to get nice and bloody. Come on season 2 on DVD.
Old 03-05-01, 12:45 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I think the Pu$$y insertion thing will be throughout season 3 or at least the first half, at least that's what I remember hearing, also that would fit into what they did with Christopher, and that guy he dug up because he was haunting him, so that might do the same here. I thought episode 1 was real good, and 2 was pretty good.
Old 03-05-01, 01:21 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Patman - It will be repeated a couple times this week. IIRC, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Friday.

Spoiler:
So is Janice going to become the new female antagonist now that Livia is dead? After she killed Richie last season, I was under the impression that she wasn't going to be a regular anymore. However, since the actress that played Livia is now deceased ( ) I wonder if they brought her back to take Livia's place. The way she was treating the russian girl makes me think she's going to become a real pain in Tony's ass.

Old 03-05-01, 02:49 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I hate Janice. I know that is supposed to be the sign of a good actor but she is EVIL.
Old 03-05-01, 02:57 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by BigDaddy
I hate Janice. I know that is supposed to be the sign of a good actor but she is EVIL.

Yeah, same here, it's not that I hate the character, the character serves a point, it's that I cannot stand to even look or hear the actress that plays here on screen. She makes me cringe.

I thought the first hour was fantastic, my only concern is that the show may start some repetitive aspects. It looks like they might make Joey Pantalions character to much like Richie Apreil's from last season. I am really sick of the shrink already, there is nothing left to do w/ that plot line accept have Tony get involved w/ her which still be to obvious.
Old 03-07-01, 12:06 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Spoiler:
Wow, I am glad I got tivo, got to look over the CGI on Ton's mom, does alittle fake, and ***** was kinda cool
Old 03-07-01, 07:49 AM

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
Who was that guy walking down the stairs

Who was that guy who was walking down the steps saw everybody in the "great room" turned around and walked back up???

I've never seen him before, and why would a guest be going upstairs in Tony's home??

Old 03-07-01, 08:05 AM

Yeah I noticed that too CPA. I was wondering what that was all about. Maybe a crazy stalker hehe.

Clint
Old 03-07-01, 09:42 AM
DVD Talk God

Re: Who was that guy walking down the stairs

Originally posted by CPA-ESQ.
Who was that guy who was walking down the steps saw everybody in the "great room" turned around and walked back up???

I've never seen him before, and why would a guest be going upstairs in Tony's home??

To me, that looked like Junior. The had a bald head and glasses. Now, that, of course, would have violated his terms of his house arrest, but who knows who it was???
Old 03-07-01, 11:02 AM

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
Ok I've done some research on this and here are my findings:

1) It's not Uncle Jun - per, someone who was a boom operator on the set, this person was an extra

2) Uncle Jun was in "great room" in a later shot.

3) This "extra" could be the same person that Anthony Jr. heard while he was studying and said "Grandma?!?"

4) This could be 'Johnny's' ghost???
Old 03-08-01, 07:05 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
They replayed this last night and I finally decided to watch it. This is the first Sopranos episode I've ever seen, I started watching one the first season but got disinterested and never had the urge to see it again. But nothing much else was on last night so I watched it.

The first episode was great, I was really getting into it and I was thinking I should start following this series regularly.

Then the 2nd episode came on and I was bored to tears. Maybe it would have been better if you knew the whole history of the show, but for me it was a total borefest. Even if I would have been familiar with the show I don't think it would have been too interesting.

So after that 2nd episode, I'm back to not planning on watching it ever again. Was that a typical episode or was it exceptionally crappy?
Old 03-08-01, 07:30 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I watched both again last night for the second time and loved every minute of it. I think you should tune in next week. Looks like some Drama.
Old 03-09-01, 01:48 PM

Originally posted by BigDaddy
I kept moving back form widescreen to pan and scan to see the differnce. I hope the whole season is going to be this way. Next weeks looks like it is going to get nice and bloody. Come on season 2 on DVD.
HBO.com sent me a survey Monday morning about what I thought about the widescreen format.I'm sure that it said all of the broadcasts for season 3 will be in widescreen!