X-Files -- On Too Long?

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

X-Files -- On Too Long?

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-01, 01:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
No Mulder? Scully pregnant? Skinner a believer? A man who eats dying people and vomits them back to life? I'm thinking this once great show may have lasted a little too long. Kind of like when the cousins took over on The Dukes of Hazzard.
Old 02-23-01, 01:57 PM
Enormous Genitals

Location: a small cottage on a cul de sac in the lower pits of hell.
Received 583 Likes on 335 Posts
If they got the Dukes to appear on X-Files, then we'd really have something going on!
Old 02-23-01, 01:59 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
it's about time for the X-files to call it quits. Actually it was after the 5th season in my opinion.
Old 02-23-01, 02:04 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

If they made a couple more movies that would be great, but I have to admit the series is getting a little old. I just dont think its the same without Mulder in the starring role. Granted he has made a couple appearances, he's the reason the show did so well......along with Gillian being HOT!
Old 02-23-01, 02:15 PM

Yeah, the show should have ended after Season 5. Then they should have done three movies: "The X-Files: Solving the Conspiracy," in which, for two hours, Chris Carter would sit on screen and explain the whole darn thing; then, "The X-Files: Finding Mulder's Sister," where Sean Connery finds Samantha; finally, "The X-Files: Mulder and Scully vs. The Good Ole Boys."
Old 02-23-01, 03:41 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Chris Carter said that he will pull the plug on it, if the Lone Gunmen takes off.
Old 02-23-01, 04:06 PM

I've watched the show since it first aired, and I'm sad to say that watching the show has become a chore. Chris Carter let the show's mytharcs become so big that no one could keep track of it, or understand it, not even himself. There is really no point to the show anymore.

Even having said this, I'll probably still watch it til the bitter end, cuz I'm a loyal guy
Old 02-23-01, 04:07 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

X-Files
Old 02-23-01, 04:07 PM

Originally posted by Iron Chef
Chris Carter said that he will pull the plug on it, if the Lone Gunmen takes off.
I don't think that's gonna happen, the show looks terrible, judging from the previews I've seen.
Old 02-23-01, 05:58 PM

Season Six was an excellent season in my opinion. The show has dragged on a bit. It's time for them to move it Star Trek "mode" and just release motion pictures. Movies that deal with the popular and unresolved common story lines.

-Gonnosuke
Old 02-23-01, 07:12 PM

Personally I think the current season (8) is the best since season 4! Lots of originality this year and lots of monster-type episodes which have always been my favorites.

Old 02-23-01, 08:48 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

In my opinion the current season has been great. Who needs Mulder when every episode is written so well. What does everyone think of Robert Patrick as Doggett? I think he's great and he seems to add a different point of view to the show. I would like to see more episodes involving the plot (Mulder dissappearing, his sister, the overall conspiracy, etc...), but the stand alone episodes this season have all been really good. Where has the smoking man been lately? I think the show still has a couple of good seasons left in it. More movies would be nice too.
Old 02-24-01, 03:54 AM
Mod Emeritus

I wonder what it would have been like if "Agent Cooper" had taken over from Mulder....
Old 02-24-01, 08:39 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I think that overall, the last 2 season were hard to get into. If I missed an episode, I wasn't worried about it as I was the first 3 seasons. But I like the way this current season has been going. I think there are snafu's, (such as the preganancy angle not mentioned in 2 of the shows so far), but this season is doing great. I would like to see the show end by next year and concentrate on feature films. It's time to give other shows a chance to flourish, plus the excitement over a 2-part finale would be interesting.
Old 02-24-01, 08:47 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Has been on way too long...they need to end it before they wind up ruining the series!!!
Old 02-24-01, 09:12 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Dumping DD may have been the best thing to envigorate this series. It was limping last year. This year it is much better. Maybe they should end it on a high note.
Old 02-24-01, 10:59 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

In my opinion, this season the show has gotten back to the type of episodes that made it great to begin with. Mulder was a good character, but the last season was pretty much a joke. Full of smartass remarks, jokes. The show had become a parody of it's former self. I actually like the show again.

However, they need to get their act together and tie up a few loose ends. What is happening to Scully's pregnancy? Last week is the 1st time they dealt with it all season. Either kill off or find Mulder already. This "teasing" is getting old.

Just my .02
Old 02-24-01, 02:41 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by benedict
I wonder what it would have been like if "Agent Cooper" had taken over from Mulder....
"Scully...I hold in my hands a box of small chocolate bunnies."
Old 02-24-01, 03:30 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by bigDVDaddict
In my opinion, this season the show has gotten back to the type of episodes that made it great to begin with. Mulder was a good character, but the last season was pretty much a joke. Full of smartass remarks, jokes. The show had become a parody of it's former self. I actually like the show again.

However, they need to get their act together and tie up a few loose ends. What is happening to Scully's pregnancy? Last week is the 1st time they dealt with it all season. Either kill off or find Mulder already. This "teasing" is getting old.

Just my .02

I totally agree!
Old 02-24-01, 03:33 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Yes, too long. I always looked at this as Mulder's show. Without him it lacks. However, even with him it has been too long. Make some movies and end the show.
Old 02-24-01, 04:31 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

As much as I love the Xfiles, I want to see the end of the damned alien saga! I hate sitting down every week to see that it's just another unrelated episode. I wish they'd finish the whole Mulder and the Aliens story and THEN show us a few seasons of unrelated episodes. But I do have to agree, it's getting better again.
Old 02-24-01, 05:05 PM

I have only seen about 10 episodes in its entirety! I bought season 1 & 2 and preordered 3. I will sit down and have my very own X-Files marathon. I do think, from what I have heard, that the X-Files show should cease now and move into the motion pictures now. With so many TV episodes out now I can't imagine what else they can come up with. I did see the movie and I think the movie must have been a sort of a conclusion to the show. I don't know. I am not an X-File expert. I do not watch much TV, but my favorite series of late was Babylon 5 and I cannot wait to be able to preorder that series. I have not seen any Farscape episodes, but that series looks pretty good.
Old 02-26-01, 01:11 PM

Nice. A mid-season cliff hanger. What gives the X-Files the right to take a whole month off right in the middle of the season? No other show does that, do they?
Old 02-26-01, 02:59 PM

Chris Carter has the right to take a month off to make sure Lone Gunmen does well. Considering that Millenium died pretty quick and Harsh Realm lasted about two weeks, I think he needs only one show at which to aim his creative energy. I hope that it works, so that he'll cancel the X-Files and, again, make a few movies. Gunmen looks kind of funny, though, like when Tom Braidwood answers the ever-popular X-Files-ish cell phone, and is then tackled by a football team.
Old 02-26-01, 03:19 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

The only episode I've seen this season was the one with that killer chemical stuff in the subway, and I thought that episode was absolutely horrid. I guess the idea was alright, but the plot and ending was nothing less than plain bad. If the rest of the season has been like that, then yes....it's time they call it quits. But this is Fox, they don't care how bad a show gets if it still gets ratings.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.