TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

"Lost" TV Series

Old 02-17-24, 07:16 PM
  #1  
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
Thread Starter
 
lwhy?'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Nashville and Crossville, TN
Posts: 9,872
Received 832 Likes on 613 Posts
"Lost" TV Series

I was looking up a tv series I saw occasionally back in the day starring Sam Waterston called I'll Fly Away. I wanted to see if it was available on disc on streaming, but it's not. I consider it a "lost" series since there's no way to watch it. Ed is another favorite series of mine that you can't watch anywhere. Do you have any favorite series that are "lost"?
Old 02-17-24, 07:23 PM
  #2  
Premium Member
 
The Cow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2000
Location: Grazing in a field somewhere...
Posts: 23,708
Received 733 Likes on 482 Posts
Re: "Lost" TV Series

It's available on YouTube


Playlist:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...rjfFKSs73Z11EF
Old 02-17-24, 07:34 PM
  #3  
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
Thread Starter
 
lwhy?'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Nashville and Crossville, TN
Posts: 9,872
Received 832 Likes on 613 Posts
Re: "Lost" TV Series

Thanks, unfortunately that's not official and could be pulled at any time. Knowing my luck, they'll pull it after I start watching it.
Old 02-17-24, 07:39 PM
  #4  
Premium Member
 
The Cow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2000
Location: Grazing in a field somewhere...
Posts: 23,708
Received 733 Likes on 482 Posts
Re: "Lost" TV Series

Originally Posted by lwhy?
Thanks, unfortunately that's not official and could be pulled at any time. Knowing my luck, they'll pull it after I start watching it.
There are tools and browser extensions to download youtube videos if you really want to save and watch it (season 2 is there too).

Yeah, it's not official, and it's old ripped from TV quality.

Trying to think of something that matches your topic...
The following users liked this post:
lwhy? (02-17-24)
Old 02-17-24, 08:04 PM
  #5  
Moderator
 
dex14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 45,330
Likes: 0
Received 4,689 Likes on 3,177 Posts
Re: "Lost" TV Series

The Mind of the Married Man - Season 2.
Old 02-17-24, 08:09 PM
  #6  
DVD Talk Hero
 
PhantomStranger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: The Phantom Zone
Posts: 27,622
Received 841 Likes on 708 Posts
Re: "Lost" TV Series

Easiest answer is Final Space, the cartoon comedy series set in space which ran three years on TBS fairly recently. Thanks to the WB-Discovery merger, they took a tax write-off on the entire series and thus it's now off limits from any official source. The first two seasons were released on Blu-ray, which now go for astronomical values.

So it's still available on piracy sites, but all streaming venues have removed it.
Old 02-17-24, 08:22 PM
  #7  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Austin, TX, USA
Posts: 13,206
Received 1,120 Likes on 811 Posts
Re: "Lost" TV Series

I've never seen the TV series "American Dreams" anywhere, maybe due to music rights.


Old 02-17-24, 11:42 PM
  #8  
DVD Talk Hero
 
Josh-da-man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: The Bible Belt
Posts: 44,134
Received 2,823 Likes on 1,942 Posts
Re: "Lost" TV Series

Originally Posted by The Cow
There are tools and browser extensions to download youtube videos if you really want to save and watch it (season 2 is there too).

Yeah, it's not official, and it's old ripped from TV quality.
Yeah, I have Easy Youtube Video Downloader, a Firefox extension that puts a button on the youtube video pages that let download a video to hour HD with one click.

And you can also download and install JDownloader2; it's a download manager program. With that, you can copy/paste the URL of the youtube (or dailymotion, vimeo, pornhub, or any other number of video sites) into it and download it any quality available. (Easy Youtube Video Downloader limits you to 360p and 720p.) With JDownloader2 you can also copy/paste the URL of a youtube playlist and download the whole thing at once.

Old 02-18-24, 04:09 PM
  #9  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Shannon Nutt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 18,388
Received 332 Likes on 248 Posts
Re: "Lost" TV Series

I just plunked down some $$$ on Ebay to get Millennium (the Chris Carter series with Lance Henriksen) on DVD (its been out of print for a long while), as it is not available on digital or streaming. The last time I did this was for Moonlighting, which was shortly thereafter launched on streaming by Disney, so expect the same with Millennium soon. You're welcome.
The following users liked this post:
DVD Polizei (02-19-24)
Old 02-18-24, 04:14 PM
  #10  
DVD Talk Hero
 
PhantomStranger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: The Phantom Zone
Posts: 27,622
Received 841 Likes on 708 Posts
Re: "Lost" TV Series

Originally Posted by Shannon Nutt
I just plunked down some $$$ on Ebay to get Millennium (the Chris Carter series with Lance Henriksen) on DVD (its been out of print for a long while), as it is not available on digital or streaming. The last time I did this was for Moonlighting, which was shortly thereafter launched on streaming by Disney, so expect the same with Millennium soon. You're welcome.
Great show, can't believe there are no places streaming it.
The following users liked this post:
Shannon Nutt (02-23-24)
Old 02-18-24, 05:18 PM
  #11  
DVD Talk God
 
DJariya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: La Palma, CA
Posts: 79,285
Received 3,728 Likes on 2,676 Posts
Re: "Lost" TV Series

Originally Posted by Shannon Nutt
I just plunked down some $$$ on Ebay to get Millennium (the Chris Carter series with Lance Henriksen) on DVD (its been out of print for a long while), as it is not available on digital or streaming. The last time I did this was for Moonlighting, which was shortly thereafter launched on streaming by Disney, so expect the same with Millennium soon. You're welcome.
I still have all 3 seasons on DVD. Surprised thatís something you donít own. Very underrated show and glad I didnít sell it.

The first season was the best from what I recall. It was like a weekly horror movie. I need to revisit it.
Old 02-18-24, 07:24 PM
  #12  
DVD Talk Hero
 
Josh-da-man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: The Bible Belt
Posts: 44,134
Received 2,823 Likes on 1,942 Posts
Re: "Lost" TV Series

I have seasons one and two of Millennium on DVD; never got the third and final season and sort of regret it even though I remember it not being very good. The only one I really remember was the one with Kiss as guest stars.

Season two was easily my favorite, with that weird apocalyptic conspiracy thing between the Roosters and the Owls, a sort of mystical/religious counterpart to The X-Files' aliens and sci-fi influenced conspiracies.

It was kind of obvious that they were fumbling around with the concept each season trying to find something that would connect with audiences... season one was a procedural, season two went full-on occult/conspiracy, and season three turned it into a kind of X-Files lite.

And then they closed the "millennium" thing off in a really wretched episode of The X-Files that seemed more like a middle finger to the people who watched both series than an attempt to make something interesting.
Old 02-19-24, 10:11 AM
  #13  
DVD Talk Hero
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Posts: 44,532
Received 2,049 Likes on 1,580 Posts
Re: "Lost" TV Series

There are a metric ton of cartoons that won't see the light of day (officially), maybe because of licensing, but probably because of lack of interest, like Robocop (animated), Centurions, Spiral Zone, Bionic Six, Rambo (animated), Mr. T (animated), Rubik the Amazing Cube, and a lot of old Hanna Barbara shows like, say, the Thing, etc. etc.
Old 02-19-24, 10:35 AM
  #14  
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Upright, in a cool, dry place
Posts: 4,467
Received 70 Likes on 47 Posts
Re: "Lost" TV Series

Originally Posted by Josh-da-man
I have seasons one and two of Millennium on DVD; never got the third and final season and sort of regret it even though I remember it not being very good. The only one I really remember was the one with Kiss as guest stars.

Season two was easily my favorite, with that weird apocalyptic conspiracy thing between the Roosters and the Owls, a sort of mystical/religious counterpart to The X-Files' aliens and sci-fi influenced conspiracies.

It was kind of obvious that they were fumbling around with the concept each season trying to find something that would connect with audiences... season one was a procedural, season two went full-on occult/conspiracy, and season three turned it into a kind of X-Files lite.

And then they closed the "millennium" thing off in a really wretched episode of The X-Files that seemed more like a middle finger to the people who watched both series than an attempt to make something interesting.
I only got the first two seasons too because season 3 was not good. I think the season 2 finale is a much better series finale than anything that came after it.
Old 02-19-24, 12:15 PM
  #15  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Join Date: Feb 1999
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 24,963
Received 280 Likes on 176 Posts
Re: "Lost" TV Series

Originally Posted by Count Dooku
I've never seen the TV series "American Dreams" anywhere, maybe due to music rights.

Season One is on DVD. Maybe your local library has it if you don't want to buy it.
Amazon Amazon


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.