DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   Ryan Seacrest Departing 'Live', Kelly Ripa to Be Joined by Husband Mark Consuelos Permanently (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/657317-ryan-seacrest-departing-live-kelly-ripa-joined-husband-mark-consuelos-permanently.html)

Sonny Corinthos 02-16-23 09:21 AM

Ryan Seacrest Departing 'Live', Kelly Ripa to Be Joined by Husband Mark Consuelos Permanently

Ryan Seacrest Departing 'Live', Kelly Ripa to Be Joined by Husband Mark Consuelos Permanently.

Ryan Seacrest is saying goodbye to Live with Kelly and Ryan and his replacement is someone very familiar to co-host Kelly Ripa.

On Thursday, the longtime broadcaster — who joined the syndicated ABC daytime show in 2017 — announced his exit from the series, with plans to move back to the west coast this spring ahead of the American Idol live shows in Los Angeles.

In his departure, Seacrest will be permanently replaced with actor Mark Consuelos, Ripa's husband. The show will be officially rebranded as Live with Kelly and Mark.

Leaving wasn't a "tough, tough" decision, Seacrest noted on the show, and a "bittersweet" one.

He honored his bond with Ripa. "Working alongside Kelly over the past six years has been a dream job and one of the highlights of my career," said Seacrest, 41, in a statement. "She has been an amazing partner, friend, and confidant, and although we will always be a part of each other's lives, I will miss our mornings together."

"I also want to thank [executive producer] Michael Gelman and the entire staff and crew — we've made memories to last a lifetime, met some of the most incredible people and had the warmest welcome into the homes of so many viewers across America," he added. "It's been a memorable ride and now I'm excited to pass the baton to Kelly's 'real' husband, Mark."

Ryan Seacrest Departing 'Live', Kelly Ripa to Be Joined by Husband Mark Consuelos Permanently (yahoo.com)

I had no idea Seacrest had been on the show for six years now. This show needs to pack it up. The shows with Kelly and Mark were always boring IMO.

Deftones 02-16-23 09:43 AM

Re: Michael Strahan Quits ‘Live’ To Join ABC’s ‘Good Morning America’

It is crazy to me Seacrest is only 41. Not his looks, as he looks way younger than he is, but it seems like he has been on TV for like 20 years. Must just be because he has like 5 jobs.

Timber 02-16-23 10:15 AM

Re: Ryan Seacrest Departing 'Live', Kelly Ripa to Be Joined by Husband Mark Consuelos Permanently

Kelly's 4th cohost....hmmmmm

Kurt D 02-16-23 10:43 AM

Re: Michael Strahan Quits ‘Live’ To Join ABC’s ‘Good Morning America’

Originally Posted by Deftones (Post 14235869)
It is crazy to me Seacrest is only 41. Not his looks, as he looks way younger than he is, but it seems like he has been on TV for like 20 years. Must just be because he has like 5 jobs.

American Idol debuted in 2002, so you would be right!

ETA that's a misprint also, he is 48. (My Seacrest work is done for the day. :D)

TomOpus 02-16-23 10:44 AM

Re: Ryan Seacrest Departing 'Live', Kelly Ripa to Be Joined by Husband Mark Consuelos Permanently

Too bad she's on network because she has an r-rated mouth that's kinda hot.

DJariya 02-16-23 03:33 PM

When I saw that writeup that Sonny posted, I was like that's definitely a typo. Seacrest is definitely not 41. He's close to my age. He's been around for 20+ years now.

I don't watch Kelly and Ryan, but I have on occasion gone to their YouTube and watched an occasional interview they have done with someone I like. :lol: I don't think anyone is going to lose sleep that Seacrest has one less job. He's good at what he does and still looks relatively young. He will be around for years to come in some form.

Giantrobo 02-16-23 03:46 PM

Originally Posted by Timber (Post 14235880)

Right? Like, what's REALLY goin' on....

Timber 02-16-23 05:26 PM

Originally Posted by Giantrobo (Post 14236078)
Right? Like, what's REALLY goin' on....

I mean I love Kelly…old school Dance Party USA fan but…why leave a cake daytime hosting gig?

GuessWho 02-16-23 05:56 PM

Originally Posted by Timber (Post 14236134)
but…why leave a cake daytime hosting gig?

My guess is that he wants to relocate to LA

TomOpus 02-16-23 07:59 PM

Prob tired of flying back and forth between coasts.

DJariya 02-16-23 08:01 PM

Originally Posted by TomOpus (Post 14236199)
Prob tired of flying back and forth between coasts.

Yeah Seacrest had to fly back and forth from LA to NY to work on American Idol and work on Live. That had to be a grind in addition to his other jobs.

JeffTheAlpaca 02-18-23 01:39 AM

I bet it will be the end of there marriage once she and her husband start working together for a extended time.

philo 02-18-23 01:28 PM

She finally found a co-host who can't easily walk away. How long before he's sending out coded signals for help?

JTH182 02-18-23 07:27 PM

Will she continue to refer to him by his full name every time she mentions him, "Mark Consuelos"?

bluesix 02-18-23 08:19 PM

Originally Posted by DJariya (Post 14236200)
Yeah Seacrest had to fly back and forth from LA to NY to work on American Idol and work on Live. That had to be a grind in addition to his other jobs.

In NYC media circles it's an open secret that Seacrest hates NYC and just never took to it in spite of having his famous friends doing their best to make him fall in love with it.

Having done so myself I understand how hard it is to make the switch. LA and NYC are like living on two different planets.

I'm also curious how the Ripa-Consuelos team thinks this workload will affect their marriage. I can't imagine working with a partner and then going home with them but this Live show gig is probably pretty cushy for Ripa at this point. She probably doesn't need to do much but show up, do hair and makeup, shoot the show and rely on the production team to feed her everything to talk about. So its not like they are putting in an 8 hour day.

JeffTheAlpaca 02-18-23 09:02 PM

Old news but was Regis pushed out for a early retirement?

I assume ABC wanted him out and he did not want to leave?

philo 02-18-23 09:35 PM

Originally Posted by JeffTheAlpaca (Post 14236987)
Old news but was Regis pushed out for a early retirement?

I assume ABC wanted him out and he did not want to leave?

It's been awhile but I remember reading that it was about cutting his pay. He felt insulted and walked.

JeffTheAlpaca 02-22-23 10:16 PM

I think they should give that show to TJ Holmes and Amy Robach.

it is not fair they got the boot after their affair. :lol:

https://cimg2.ibsrv.net/gimg/dvdtalk...ffa7364427.jpg

JeffTheAlpaca 03-07-23 03:16 AM

Seacrest might get the show GMA3 show vacated by Amy and TJ

If that is the case he must have had beef with Kelly Ripa since that is another morning or maybe Afternoon show on the same network.

“Network bosses are looking at completely retooling GMA3 with a live audience, music and celebrity guests in an effort to play to Ryan’s strengths and wash away the stain of the scandal,” noted the insider.

https://radaronline.com/p/ryan-seacr...GHqyIRFP37p5cQ

Draven 03-07-23 08:59 AM

Originally Posted by Timber (Post 14235880)

I was the producer of a daytime talk show for almost 15 years and we went through two female hosts and four male hosts in that timeframe. It had nothing to do with anything other than normal job stuff.

People like to think they can see what’s REALLY going on but our viewers would say things like that and I’d just laugh because it was actually mundane stuff like “schedules”.

TomOpus 04-14-23 10:42 AM

Today was his final show. Lots of old clips and highlights, of course.