Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Untold collection (Netflix)

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-22, 12:13 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,300 Likes on 944 Posts
Untold collection (Netflix)

Epic tales from the world of sports, including deep dives into what happened beyond the headlines, as told by those who lived these stories, to reveal grit, resilience, heartbreak, triumph, violence, comedy, and pathos.
It's weird how it's listed on Netflix. Instead of having one title and then broken down into seasons and episodes (like usual), each episode is treated like it's own show.

Season 1

Episode 1 - Malice at the Palace: The story of the 2004 brawl that occurred during an NBA game between the Indiana Pacers and Detroit Pistons; includes never-before-seen footage.

Episode 2 - Deal with the Devil: Boxer Christy Martin opens up about her battles in and out of the ring after breaking boundaries in the boxing world.

Episode 3 - Caitlyn Jenner: Retired decathlete Caitlyn Jenner recalls her life and career, offering up new insights on winning Olympic gold, making the decision to transition and her relationship with her children; includes newly discovered Olympic footage and home movies.

Episode 4 - Crimes and Penalties: The Danbury Trashers, the bad boys of hockey, take orders from the teenage son of an owner with mob ties, and they have a reputation for being as violent as they are good.

Episode 5 - Breaking Point: Tennis player Mardy Fish tries to push through the mental strain at the 2012 US Open quarterfinals but bows out and is later diagnosed with an anxiety disorder; he goes public with his struggles to help

Season 2

Episodes 1 & 2 - The Girlfriend Who Didn't Exist: All-American college football player Manti Te'o's online relationship comes under increased scrutiny, causing a media maelstrom that threatens his future and legacy. (This is already being discussed in Sports Talk).

Episode 3 - The Rise and Fall of AND1: The journey of three young friends who have a dream of bringing greater acclaim to the game they love and end up flipping the billion-dollar basketball industry on its head.

Episode 4 - Operation Flagrant Foul: In the summer of 2007, news breaks that an NBA referee is being investigated for gambling on his own games, igniting a media storm and sending the NBA, FBI and sports fans into crisis.

Couldn't find a S2 trailer
Old 08-27-22, 10:09 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 348 Likes on 267 Posts
Re: Untold collection (Netflix)

I agree, weird how it’s setup on Netflix.

I’ve watched Malice at the Palace, Manti Te’o, and the And1 episodes.

Already gave my opinion about the Manti Te’o episode in his sports thread.

Malice at the Palace was fun to watch. BEST sports brawl EVER!

I enjoyed the And1 episode. I think I remember all the Hot Sauce rage back in the day haha. And funny enough, I bought And1 socks a few months ago. Not for the brand name, but they were inexpensive and good quality. Hanes socks quality has really gone downhill. Shit, I’m getting old writing my opinion about socks
Old 08-27-22, 11:54 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by MLBFan24
Malice at the Palace was fun to watch. BEST sports brawl EVER!
It was absolutely nuts. I'm surprised it doesn't happen more often.
Old 08-31-22, 10:01 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 348 Likes on 267 Posts

Just finished the NBA Flagrant Foul episode. Really, really good.

I don’t even like watching basketball, but I was vaguely familiar with the story.
Old 09-06-22, 02:34 PM
DVD Talk Hero

They added a new one

S2 E5 · The Race of the Century:
A chronicle of the 1983 America's Cup tells the tale of a group of Australians who band together to dethrone the New York Yacht Club and break the longest-running winning streak in the history of the most prestigious sailing competition in the world.