The Mole - reboot (Netflix) - 10/7/22

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Old 08-17-22, 01:37 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 338 Likes on 264 Posts

https://variety.com/2022/tv/news/the...ix-1235343588/

"A rebooted version of the reality series “The Mole” has been ordered at Netflix, Variety has learned.

The new version of the former ABC series is expected to bow on Netflix this fall. Like the original American version, the Netflix version is based on the Belgian format “De Mol” created by Bart De Pauw, Michel Vanhove, Michiel Devlieger, and Tom Lenaerts and distributed by Primitives.

The streamer has given the new show a 10-episode order. In the competition series, twelve players work together in challenges to add money to a pot that only one of them will win at the end. Among the players is one person who has secretly been designated “the Mole” and tasked with sabotaging the group’s money-making efforts. In the end, one player will outlast their competition and expose the Mole to win the prize pot."

The two Anderson Cooper hosted seasons of The Mole are among my favorite seasons of any reality tv show that I've watched. I'm really excited for the Netflix reboot.
Old 08-17-22, 01:40 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 871 Likes on 609 Posts
re: The Mole - reboot (Netflix) - 10/7/22

Yeah I loved the show, too. Not sure it can recapture that same magic.
Old 08-17-22, 03:57 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 102 Likes on 81 Posts

This (the original show) is one of those shows I would hear people gush over but never got around to watching. I think if I had a DVR in the days it started I probably would have given it a shot. By the time I had one it was about over.
Old 08-17-22, 05:07 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Bill Needle View Post
This (the original show) is one of those shows I would hear people gush over but never got around to watching. I think if I had a DVR in the days it started I probably would have given it a shot. By the time I had one it was about over.
You can watch the original series on Netflix if you want to check it out. The first two seasons with Anderson Cooper are amazing. Edited to add. Apparently, only the celebrity mole seasons are on Netflix right now.
Old 08-17-22, 05:16 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 210 Likes on 162 Posts

One of my favorite reality game shows. Anderson Cooper was a great host.

I need the Joe Schmo Show to come back too!
Old 08-17-22, 07:34 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 102 Likes on 81 Posts

Originally Posted by MLBFan24 View Post
I need the Joe Schmo Show to come back too!
Now for this show I bought the DVD season sets. My kids still borrow them now and then and have probably watched it more times than I have.
The following users liked this post:
MLBFan24 (08-17-22)
Old 08-17-22, 09:03 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,828 Likes on 1,218 Posts

The first season of The Mole was fantastic. Anderson Cooper was great. It went downhill after that though.

I’ll watch a reboot but lately I’ve been seen a lot of mole type reality shows. I just watched one a couple weeks ago about a mole in a kitchen cook-off show.
Old 08-18-22, 01:10 AM

Received 38 Likes on 30 Posts

wow yes please. First two seasons were awesome
Old 08-18-22, 01:40 PM

Received 138 Likes on 121 Posts

Originally Posted by GoldenJCJ View Post
The first season of The Mole was fantastic. Anderson Cooper was great. It went downhill after that though.

I’ll watch a reboot but lately I’ve been seen a lot of mole type reality shows. I just watched one a couple weeks ago about a mole in a kitchen cook-off show.
That was "Rat in the Kitchen" with Chef Ludo LeFebvre and Natasha Leggero. I didn't care for it. The Chef's thick accent was difficult to understand and he had no chemistry with his co-host. More importantly, the cooking segments were cramped and busy and it was difficult to see where the sabotage was occurring. When it was explained after the reveal it made sense, but it was just a jumble getting there. I didn't stick with it.

The latest is "Snake in the Grass", which pits past contestants from shows like "Survivor" and "Naked and Afraid" in outdoor physical challenges with one of the four sabotaging the game. The episodes have been hit-or-miss, with much of the fun being for fans of returning players from favorite series. It would work better if it took place over several episodes with more challenges.

"The Mole" was a great show, though the "Celebrity" version felt a bit more dumbed-down. Having a whole season to pull off sabotages and such made it much more interesting, since the mole could better pick and choose their moments
GoldenJCJ (08-18-22)
Old 08-18-22, 02:35 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 92 Likes on 70 Posts

Originally Posted by lwhy? View Post

The two Anderson Cooper hosted seasons of The Mole are among my favorite seasons of any reality tv show that I've watched. I'm really excited for the Netflix reboot.
Yeah it was a really good show, but I think a lot of that fell on Cooper. The Celeb versions were just terrible.

Tiny Bubbles....
Old 08-18-22, 02:54 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,828 Likes on 1,218 Posts

Originally Posted by DWilson View Post
That was "Rat in the Kitchen" with Chef Ludo LeFebvre and Natasha Leggero. I didn't care for it. The Chef's thick accent was difficult to understand and he had no chemistry with his co-host. More importantly, the cooking segments were cramped and busy and it was difficult to see where the sabotage was occurring. When it was explained after the reveal it made sense, but it was just a jumble getting there. I didn't stick with it.

The latest is "Snake in the Grass", which pits past contestants from shows like "Survivor" and "Naked and Afraid" in outdoor physical challenges with one of the four sabotaging the game. The episodes have been hit-or-miss, with much of the fun being for fans of returning players from favorite series. It would work better if it took place over several episodes with more challenges.

"The Mole" was a great show, though the "Celebrity" version felt a bit more dumbed-down. Having a whole season to pull off sabotages and such made it much more interesting, since the mole could better pick and choose their moments
Thanks. Yeah, Rat in the Kitchen was what I watched. I only saw one episode but agree that it was just a jumble getting to the end. I was also expecting a season long mystery of who the “rat” was and was surprised that they revealed the rat at the end of the episode. I guess each episode has a new rat?

Old 09-08-22, 02:07 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

https://tvline.com/2022/09/08/the-mo...gner-new-host/

Netflix’s new Mole host has been exposed.

The streamer has tapped MSNBC’s Alex Wagner to headline its reboot of the late ABC reality series, which will premiere Oct. 7. All 10 episodes will be rolled out over a three-week period, with the first five reportedly dropping on launch day.

In Netflix’s “reimagined version,” 12 players “work together in challenges to add money to a pot that only one of them will win at the end. Among the players is one person who has secretly been designated “the Mole” and tasked with sabotaging the group’s money-making efforts. In the end, one player will outlast their competition and expose the Mole to win the prize pot.”
MLBFan24 (09-08-22)
Old 09-08-22, 02:08 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Also could a moderator please change the title from Fall 2022 to 10/7/22?
Old 09-08-22, 03:07 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Never heard of the host but looking her up it looks like she will be able to be a "serious" host like Cooper.
Old 09-20-22, 11:25 AM

Received 3,058 Likes on 2,073 Posts

Old 09-20-22, 11:37 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Re: The Mole - reboot (Netflix) - 10/7/22

I was worried that they would cast younger Instagram influencer looking types and they did. I liked how the original series cast people of all ages. I'll still watch the first few episodes at least.
Old 09-20-22, 11:52 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by lwhy? View Post
I was worried that they would cast younger Instagram influencer looking types and they did. I liked how the original series cast people of all ages. I'll still watch the first few episodes at least.
The new "pharmaceutical rep"
Old 09-20-22, 07:21 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 65 Likes on 53 Posts

I also liked the first 2 seasons, so I'm glad this is getting another chance.
Old 09-22-22, 07:36 AM

Received 40 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by GoldenJCJ View Post
It's just a game show, but just wondering if you ever watched The Hustler on ABC?
The best part of the show was at the end when the person accused of being the hustler
has two minutes or so to persuade the others to change their vote...
Abob Teff (09-22-22)
Old 09-22-22, 08:48 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 602 Likes on 424 Posts

I've long sung the praise of the first season of The Mole. Maybe it was like modern "reality TV" and I just don't remember it that way.

While I was excited when I first saw the reboot announcement, the trailer seems to confirm everything that I feared they would do wrong. Arrogant pretty people and fake drama ... I'm out before it starts.

I'll stick with The Hustler.
Old 09-23-22, 03:03 AM

Received 40 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by Abob Teff View Post
I'll stick with The Hustler.
Unfortunately I think it's been cancelled?
Old 09-23-22, 07:44 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 602 Likes on 424 Posts

Yeah. I don't watch much TV when it airs.