Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

Hard Knocks: Training Camp with The Detroit Lions (HBO/HBO Max) -- Premieres 8/9/22

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Hard Knocks: Training Camp with The Detroit Lions (HBO/HBO Max) -- Premieres 8/9/22

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-22, 04:48 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 812 Likes on 601 Posts

New season starts tonight. I usually watch the first three episodes and never finish the season.
Old 08-09-22, 05:40 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3,211 Likes on 2,071 Posts
Re: Hard Knocks: Training Camp with The Detroit Lions (HBO/HBO Max) -- Premieres 8/9/22

I like Hard Knocks but I’m not sure I can watch an entire season on the Detroit Lions.

Watching these dudes prepare for a 3-14 season isn’t going to be pretty.
Old 08-09-22, 06:18 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,640 Likes on 2,613 Posts
Re: Hard Knocks: Training Camp with The Detroit Lions (HBO/HBO Max) -- Premieres 8/9/22

The last Hard Knocks season I finished to completion was the Rams and Chargers from a few years ago. But the Rams are my local team so of course I was going to finish it. The Cowboys last season was a snoozer and I never bothered with the in season edition.
Old 08-09-22, 08:18 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 259 Likes on 195 Posts

The Cowboys last season wasn’t interesting, but I enjoyed in season with the Colts.
The following users liked this post:
JeffTheAlpaca (08-09-22)
Old 08-09-22, 08:21 PM
DVD Talk God

In case anyone missed it, the Arizona Cardinals are going to be the In season show. Premiering in November.

https://www.hbo.com/hard-knocks-in-s...zona-cardinals
Old 08-09-22, 09:17 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 724 Likes on 590 Posts

This has to to be the final season of Hard Knocks

Decling ratings and interest and now they have the Lions.

It is a fucking crime with the rules for the show the Patriots, Eagles, Steelers, Bears, Packers, and the bigger market teams with the huge fanbases never appeared on this show in the last 21 years.

Cowboys the exception since they volunteer for it.

It would have been awesome if the Bills were on it since they have the high expectations.
Old 08-09-22, 09:48 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 259 Likes on 195 Posts

I love Dan Campbell. Just a total meathead that ‘s definitely getting fired in the next 2 years.
Old 08-09-22, 10:17 PM
DVD Talk God

They announced the premiere date for the Cardinals in season version

Old 08-09-22, 10:31 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3,211 Likes on 2,071 Posts

^ And Cliff Kingsbury couldn’t look more thrilled to be on Hard Knocks.
Old 08-09-22, 10:55 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,366 Likes on 928 Posts

At least the Cardinals one will be fun when they start the season strong, but have their mid season collapse. We get to see it unfold in real time, basically.
Old 08-10-22, 06:05 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 382 Likes on 307 Posts

Originally Posted by MrX
I love Dan Campbell. Just a total meathead that ‘s definitely getting fired in the next 2 years.
Care to bet on that? $50 to a charity?
Old 08-10-22, 10:14 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 71 Likes on 51 Posts

Dan Campbell has such a huge personality that it's hard to not like him. I don't know if he'll be successful but last year's team didn't quit halfway through the season like they do most of the time. As long as he meets expectations, I think his job will be safe. It was a great idea to focus on him for most of the episode. As a Spartan fan, I hate Hutchinson but I hope he can be successful. He seems like a really good kid. I haven't been invested in the Lions for a long, long time because of all the heartache so it would be nice to see some success this season. 8 wins would impress me.
Old 08-10-22, 09:01 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I bet if Antonio Brown played for Dan Campbell he would not dare mess with him since Campbell is so huge he could beat the shit out of his players if you tried to fuck with him.
Old 08-11-22, 02:25 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Hard Knocks loves them some Jared Goff. This is his third time on the show.
Old 08-11-22, 06:43 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 47 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by Neil M.
Dan Campbell has such a huge personality that it's hard to not like him.
Yeah, he was fun to watch. This first episode sucked me in, which hasn't been the case in forever. Nice little pep talk by Jamaal Williams, who got emotional. Also hilarious watching Duce Staley and Aaron Glenn go at it after plays in practice. But mostly it was Campbell, who comes across really well and seems grateful to be a coach and you can tell isn't spouting the usual coach bullshit.
Old 08-18-22, 12:34 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I bet the Jaguars will rue the day they passed on Hutchinson and took Walker

Aidan's mom is kind of a MILF though I am older than her.

WTF

I hope Aman St Brown continues what he did in the last part of the 2021 season.

Old 08-18-22, 01:34 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 949 Likes on 723 Posts

Originally Posted by Finisher
Yeah, he was fun to watch. This first episode sucked me in, which hasn't been the case in forever. Nice little pep talk by Jamaal Williams, who got emotional. Also hilarious watching Duce Staley and Aaron Glenn go at it after plays in practice. But mostly it was Campbell, who comes across really well and seems grateful to be a coach and you can tell isn't spouting the usual coach bullshit.
Same here. I'm surprised, I haven't watched Hard Knocks in years, but I caught enough of the first episode I'm kinda intrigued.

One interesting thing I noticed, I tuned in towards the end of the episode last night and Dan Campbell's post game speech was all bleeped out, caught the next showing on a different HBO channel and all the profanity was intact. Didn't know HBO did that.

Good fortune that they focused on the backup QB and wife, and what was likely his roster-cutting fumble. I'm sure they both knew he was a longshot to make the roster anyway, but that cemented it and you can see it in both their faces.

I liked "Rodrigo" (who I will actually be rooting for, possibly the first time I've ever had feelings one way or another about a Detroit Lions player). That was a messed up scene in the linebacker room where the coach was berating the entire squad for being outplayed by a 6th round rookie. Props to Rodrigo for suppressing what would have to be the world's biggest ear-to-ear smile in that meeting.

ETA: For all the bravado (by the way, one of my most hated phrases is "false bravado", when "bravado" by definition means false) of the players and coaches, you can see the resignation that they play for a losing organization, and 4-5 wins is almost certainly the ceiling for this team. They know it, too.
Old 08-18-22, 02:46 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by JeffTheAlpaca
I bet the Jaguars will rue the day they passed on Hutchinson and took Walker

Aidan's mom is kind of a MILF though I am older than her.

WTF

I hope Aman St Brown continues what he did in the last part of the 2021 season.

So Melissa, Aidan's mom, used to be our photographer for our kids when they were younger. The last time saw Aidan and his sisters, they were probably15 years old. But it's really cool to see them on TV but I suspect it's more because she's beautiful than anything else. Melissa is an excellent photographer and her business exploded a few years back... she's been flown out to LA and other cities numerous times to capture celebrities children.

Regrading Amon Ra, yeah, dude is a stud and has a massive chip on his shoulder. He is an elite level worker and I hope he stays healthy because that kid is gonna be special.
The following users liked this post:
JeffTheAlpaca (08-18-22)
Old 08-18-22, 02:48 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Paff
Good fortune that they focused on the backup QB and wife, and what was likely his roster-cutting fumble. I'm sure they both knew he was a longshot to make the roster anyway, but that cemented it and you can see it in both their faces.
Detroit's backup QB situation is awful... but Blough will likely be the backup barring a trade.
Old 08-18-22, 03:31 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 949 Likes on 723 Posts

Originally Posted by Rob V
Detroit's backup QB situation is awful... but Blough will likely be the backup barring a trade.
Wow, really? The QB that my team had playing in the 4th quarter last week, I honestly had never heard his name before, and I follow the team pretty damn closely. I thought it was a similar situation in Detroit; you throw an UDFA in for the final quarters in the first few preseason games so your top 3 aren't getting pounded.
Old 08-18-22, 05:41 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 324 Likes on 242 Posts

This season of Hard Knocks is world's better than last year's with the Cowboys. They're back to focusing on up and coming players (and a few that might get cut) instead of the superstars.
The following 2 users liked this post by Shannon Nutt:
Boondock Saint (08-19-22), JeffTheAlpaca (08-18-22)
Old 08-18-22, 09:08 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I taped the shows with the MA rating so you get all the profanity

Maybe the daytime viewsings are PG but the 7pm and 10pm PDT airings are MA.

The Bears look like a mess and the Packers will be doomed once Rodgers retires and who knows about the Vikings if they have a new QB after this year and the Lions could probably have a chance to win the NFC North in the next 2 or 3 years or contend for a playoff spot with another strong draft or two.
Old 08-19-22, 05:53 AM
TGM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 401 Likes on 250 Posts

Dan Campbell is awesome.

I mean, a terrible coach destined to fail, but he's entertaining to watch.
Old 08-19-22, 12:57 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 63 Likes on 40 Posts

Watched the first two episodes last night and enjoyed it, Campbell and the coaches are entertaining at least. Had no idea who the Lions backup QB was but after watching this remembered Blough caught a pass against the Packers a few years ago. Not exactly a newbie to the Lions that it is made out to be. The other QB Boyle used to play for the Packers but was never impressed by him.
Old 08-19-22, 04:53 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,366 Likes on 928 Posts

I really hope we get to see Chase Lucas featured some. Kid was something special at ASU. Glad to see him get a shot. I think he will be a starter soon..

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.