DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   That Dirty Black Bag (AMC+) - S: Dominic Cooper - premieres 3/10/22 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/655015-dirty-black-bag-amc-s-dominic-cooper-premieres-3-10-22-a.html)

dex14 03-10-22 07:46 AM

That Dirty Black Bag (AMC+) - S: Dominic Cooper - premieres 3/10/22

AMC Networks' premium streaming bundle AMC+ announces the acquisition of spaghetti western drama series That Dirty Black Bag from BRON Studios and Palomar, part of Mediawan Intl Group.

Featuring an all-star ensemble cast led by Dominic Cooper (Preacher, Spy City) and Douglas Booth (The Dirt, Loving Vincent), with Niv Sultan (Tehran), Guido Caprino (The Miracle), Christian Cooke (The Promise, Ordeal by Innocence), Travis Fimmel (Vikings, Raised by Wolves) and Aidan Gillen (Game of Thrones, Kin) co-starring, the eight-part series was filmed in Italy, Spain and Morocco and will make its exclusive U.S., Canadian, and Australian premieres on AMC+ in March/April 2022.

That Dirty Black Bag is a raw, epic and romantic series about the dark side of the Far West. The story describes the 8-day clash between Arthur McCoy, played by Dominic Cooper, an incorruptible sheriff with a troubled past, and Red Bill, played by Douglas Booth, an infamous, solitary bounty hunter known for decapitating his victims and stuffing their heads into a dirty black bag, because, as he puts it, "Heads weigh less than bodies." The drama echoes and pays homage to the classic spaghetti western, capturing the genre's legendary irony while revolutionizing it in a modern way for new audiences. The series tells of bounty hunters, bandits and bloody vendettas, lonely souls driven by such great passions as faith, love and revenge. In the world of That Dirty Black Bag, there are no heroes, nobody is invincible, and predators become the prey.

PRINCIPAL CAST INFORMATION:
· Aidan Gillen
· Christian Cooke
· Dominic Cooper as Arthur McCoy
· Douglas Booth as Red Bill
· Guido Caprino
· Niv Sultan
· Travis Fimmel

CREW INFORMATION:
· Aaron L. Gilbert as EP
· Brian O'Malley as DIR
· Carlo Degli Esposti as EP
· David Davoli as EP
· Fabio Paladini as WRTR
· Marcello Izzo as WRTR
· Mauro Aragoni as DIR/WRTR
· Nicola Serra as EP
· Patrizia Massa as EP
· Samantha Thomas as EP
· Silvia Ebreul as WRTR
· Steven Thibault as EP

Osiris3657 08-31-22 02:27 PM

Re: That Dirty Black Bag (AMC+) - S: Dominic Cooper - premieres 3/10/22

I'm not in the least bit surprised this has no replies, but I watched it over the last couple days and really dug it. All the actors nailed it, especially Douglas Booth as Red Bill (son of Powers?). Alot of notable faces too, like Travis Fimmel (Vikings/Raised by Wolves), Aiden Gillen (Littlefinger), and Richard Sammel (Inglourious Basterds/The Strain).

Violence is top notch. An easy binge.

Gunde 09-01-22 04:33 AM

I tried, but completely lost interest halfway through the flashback episode and never went back ...

Rob V 09-01-22 07:44 AM

I'm intrigued by this but two things:

1. I feel a bit over-loaded by "western" shows these days
2. I find Dominic Cooper insufferable

Why So Blu? 09-01-22 11:21 AM

Wow, I tried searching for this weeks ago when the BD came out and couldn't find the thread. I thought the show was a masterpiece. I hope it gets a season 2.

The Blu-ray has reference video/audio, but no special features. It's also streaming via AMC+.

It's like an acid western in parts, along with some steampunk and occult vibes thrown in for good measure.

Boondock Saint 01-18-23 08:01 PM

Been wanting to check this out but don't have AMC+.

But they showed an ad for it during Mayfair Witches, and it'll be airing on regular AMC starting January 24th. I'll give it a watch.

Osiris3657 01-21-23 11:08 AM

Originally Posted by Boondock Saint (Post 14222048)
Been wanting to check this out but don't have AMC+.

But they showed an ad for it during Mayfair Witches, and it'll be airing on regular AMC starting January 24th. I'll give it a watch.

Get AMC+ through Amazon. They have a 2 months for $1.99/per month promo right now. This show is worth at least $1.99

Boondock Saint 01-21-23 06:58 PM

Originally Posted by Osiris3657 (Post 14223210)
Get AMC+ through Amazon. They have a 2 months for $1.99/per month promo right now. This show is worth at least $1.99

Oh, nice. Thanks!