Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

FUBAR (Netflix) Spy Action series starring Arnold Schwarzenegger - premieres 5/25/23

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

FUBAR (Netflix) Spy Action series starring Arnold Schwarzenegger - premieres 5/25/23

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-23, 11:03 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 350 Likes on 269 Posts
Re: FUBAR (Netflix) Spy Action series starring Arnold Schwarzenegger - premieres 5/25/23

As much as I like Arnold films, this show is terrible. I’m having a really hard time finishing the first episode.

The opening scene was cringe. The hacker guy has awful dialogue. I feel like everyone is reciting the script, instead of acting.

Very disappointing.
Old 06-02-23, 06:15 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,641 Likes on 2,613 Posts
Re: FUBAR (Netflix) Spy Action series starring Arnold Schwarzenegger - premieres 5/25/23

Arnold did a watch-a-long commentary on Instagram today for the 1st episode. If you have Instagram and are interested, follow him, and you can synch it up when he cues it.

But, honestly IMO, the 1st episode is probably the worst of the season. It does get better. But like I said earlier, this show is probably not for everyone.
Old 06-03-23, 07:07 PM
DVD Talk God

Finished the final 3 episodes today. Overall, after a rough start, it did have a decent finale. And this is not a 1 and done show. It ended on a cliffhanger, so they definitely want to do more. But, who knows with Netflix how long that would be.

I think what bogged down this show was some of the silly relationship and interpersonal drama. Arnold with the ex-wife, Monica with the now ex-fiance and the hunky co-worker. The hunky co-worker and the Lesbian bff. And then the Tech guy and the cute Indian girl.

I'm sure this will get renewed since it's the No. 1 on Netflix right now and Arnold's still a name, but they need to tone that shit down. Overall, it was just okay.

At least Sly's 1st venture into TV had some better writing.
Old 06-10-23, 01:29 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 183 Likes on 125 Posts

We just finished this up and thought it was a lot of fun. We didn't have any issue with the relationship stuff at all. I thought it was an interesting aspect and should be even more complicated now that everyone knows what's going on (assuming it gets another season). Really enjoyed Arnold's performance and the chemistry with the cast.
Old 06-17-23, 06:21 PM
DVD Talk God

Not surprising. Renewed for a second season. Probably won’t see it until 2025.

Old 06-21-23, 12:28 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Enjoyed this show a lot. Not surprising as I enjoyed Scorpion as well.

Interesting to see what they do with the double agent and their motivation. I'm assuming there's going to be some bad shit that goes down immediately in episode 1 as that van is being tracked.
Old 06-25-23, 11:04 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 618 Likes on 497 Posts

Just binged this over the last few days. That was a lot of fun. I love the light action shows (where they don't take it too seriously) and it did remind me a lot of True Lies. The dialog was funny as were the character interactions.
Old 06-25-23, 01:49 PM
DVD Talk God

Now that I think about it 20+ days later, I think I watched this show with completely the wrong mindset. I think you all are right. This was not meant to be taken so seriously and was in a mostly lighter tone that Arnold likes to do. Should not have compared it to Tulsa King, which started out light then turned dark and serious.
Old 07-28-23, 04:28 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,021 Likes on 630 Posts

I finally finished this up today after starting it over a month ago. It's okay, but got a little repetitive in the middle episodes. I did think Roo was pretty funny, and the other women (the mom, the daughter, the analyst) were all gorgeous. Arnold was likeable as always. The final couple of episodes were pretty good.

Originally Posted by DJariya
Now that I think about it 20+ days later, I think I watched this show with completely the wrong mindset. I think you all are right. This was not meant to be taken so seriously and was in a mostly lighter tone that Arnold likes to do. Should not have compared it to Tulsa King, which started out light then turned dark and serious.
I would put this show in the same category (tone-wise) as some of the silly action/comedy shows from the early 2000s, like V.I.P. with Pamela Anderson or She Spies with Natasha Henstridge.
Old 10-26-23, 03:15 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 398 Likes on 321 Posts

I finished this today, after I started watching in the summer. I do like Arnie and always enjoyed his movies, but this show just doesn't fit to my taste anymore. It's insignificant on every level and feels like something from 25 years ago. Half the cast is comic relief and field agent Fortune Feimster is the worst. Tone-wise it's all over the place. Light comedy, ultraviolent, family drama with a child suffering from a deadly illness. It just didn't fit together and no aspect of the show does shine. It's at best OK

This could have been way better
Old 10-26-23, 11:18 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 628 Likes on 483 Posts

Wow, I forgot all about this show. I should get around to watching it already.