Reload this Page >

The Masked Singer (FOX) — Season 4 and beyond Thread

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

The Masked Singer (FOX) — Season 4 and beyond Thread

Old 09-21-22, 10:18 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 184 Likes on 135 Posts
re: The Masked Singer (FOX) — Season 4 and beyond Thread

Interesting that now they're unmasking multiple singers every episode. You'd think they would run out of celebrities that would be willing to do this faster, but it probably let's them get a lot of people that are really only willing to do a single episode. When I saw this new format, I was thinking to myself that someone like William Shatner would probably do this if they told him he only needed to be in a single episode and well...what do you know.
Old 09-21-22, 11:37 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by windom View Post
Interesting that now they're unmasking multiple singers every episode. You'd think they would run out of celebrities that would be willing to do this faster, but it probably let's them get a lot of people that are really only willing to do a single episode. When I saw this new format, I was thinking to myself that someone like William Shatner would probably do this if they told him he only needed to be in a single episode and well...what do you know.
Wouldnt that mean the show is set up?
Old 09-22-22, 12:39 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 184 Likes on 135 Posts

Originally Posted by JZ1276 View Post
Wouldnt that mean the show is set up?
Did you ever think it wasn't? I don't think I even saw the audience "voting" in this episode. I'm not even sure they have an actual audience there. They did a pretty good job of editing in a fake audience the past few seasons when they couldn't have one.
Old 09-22-22, 01:08 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 41 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by windom View Post
Did you ever think it wasn't? I don't think I even saw the audience "voting" in this episode. I'm not even sure they have an actual audience there. They did a pretty good job of editing in a fake audience the past few seasons when they couldn't have one.
I signed up to be in audiences for a lot of shows. There is an actual audience for this as I keep getting emails about tapings. If I remember the last one I got included an offer of a gift for attending.

What others have told me is that the audience is removed for the actual unmasking to maintain secrecy. The audience is coached to react and scream to an empty stage.

I did go to America’s Got Talent a few times and @Midnight. At one of the Talent tapings, one of the crew quit on the spot after a contestant supposedly stole his comedy act for the audition.

This crew member was the warm-up host and helped keep the contestants from getting bored waiting. A comedian obviously and he did an act for the waiting contestants. One of those contestants then did that act as his audition. The judges passed him through. The host was upset and told the producers. Nothing was done and so he quit & walked out. When I watched the show when it aired, that act never made the final cut.
Old 09-22-22, 05:25 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,497 Likes on 1,079 Posts

^ That's fucking insane!

Comedians are really touchy about joke-stealing to begin with, and to do it that blatantly...
The following users liked this post:
emachine12 (09-22-22)