Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. (ABC) -- The 7th and Final season -- Premieres 5/27/20

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. (ABC) -- The 7th and Final season -- Premieres 5/27/20

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-20, 04:16 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,640 Likes on 2,613 Posts

FINAL SEASON PREMIERE

IT'S ABOUT RIPPLES, NOT WAVES, IN THE TIME-TWISTING SEASON SEVEN PREMIERE OF ABC'S 'MARVEL'S AGENTS OF S.H.I.E.L.D.,' WEDNESDAY, MAY 27

Patton Oswalt Returns as Guest Star

"The New Deal" - Coulson and the Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. are thrust backward in time and stranded in 1931 New York City. With the all-new Zephyr set to time-jump at any moment, the team must hurry to find out exactly what happened. If they fail, it would mean disaster for the past, present and future of the world on the rip-roaring season premiere of "Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.," airing WEDNESDAY, MAY 27 (10:00 - 11:00 p.m. EDT), on ABC. (TV-14, LV) Episodes can also be viewed the next day on demand and on Hulu.

"Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D." stars Clark Gregg as Agent Phil Coulson, Ming-Na Wen as Agent Melinda May, Chloe Bennet as Daisy Johnson, Elizabeth Henstridge as Agent Jemma Simmons, Iain De Caestecker as Agent Leopold Fitz, Henry Simmons as Director Alphonso "Mack" MacKenzie, Natalia Cordova-Buckley as Elena "Yo-Yo" Rodriguez and Jeff Ward as Deke Shaw.

Guest starring is Joel Stoffer, Tobias Jelinek, Joe Reegan, Nora Zehetner, Greg Finley, Luke Baines and Patton Oswalt.

"The New Deal" was written by George Kitson and directed by Kevin Tancharoen.

Produced by ABC Studios and Marvel Television, "Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D." was co-created by Joss Whedon, Jed Whedon and Maurissa Tancharoen, who also serve as executive producers along with Jeffrey Bell and Jeph Loeb. ABC Studios is a part of Disney Television Studios, alongside Twentieth Century Fox Television and Fox 21 Television Studios.

Read more: Listings - MARVEL'S AGENTS OF SHIELD on ABC | TheFutonCritic.com Listings - MARVEL'S AGENTS OF SHIELD on ABC | TheFutonCritic.com

13 episode 7th and Final season. This was shot back to back with season 6

Old 05-28-20, 12:15 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 59 Likes on 47 Posts
Re: Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. (ABC) -- The 7th and Final season -- Premieres 5/27/20

Strange this isn't yet available on iTunes or Amazon.
Old 05-28-20, 10:31 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 34 Likes on 26 Posts
Re: Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. (ABC) -- The 7th and Final season -- Premieres 5/27/20

I stopped watching this after season 4 but the time travel aspect has me interested. I could never really follow the plot of this show in the first place so I should be able to just pick it back up.
Old 05-28-20, 05:34 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,366 Likes on 928 Posts

Quake's uppercut quake punch
Patton Oswalt appearance
The following users liked this post:
Bandoman (05-29-20)
Old 05-28-20, 11:46 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 949 Likes on 723 Posts

Originally Posted by mugwump
I could never really follow the plot of this show in the first place so I should be able to just pick it back up.
Yeah, I don't follow Marvel (comics or the movies), so many AoS storylines are lost on me. I have a friend who's a big fan of the comics so he knows every character/foe/creature the show brings in. But like you, the show is up and down for me. Oftentimes I too have no idea what's going on in a season. It's usually "background" viewing for me, and the lack of attention I give it only makes it cloudier.

That said, I really liked that premiere, and I hope the rest of this final season keeps the pace. Loved the 30s fashion and looks, and also the title graphics. Keep it up, ABC, there ain't nothin' else to watch all summer.
Old 05-29-20, 06:54 AM
DVD Talk Legend & 2021 TOTY Winner

Received 743 Likes on 368 Posts

Originally Posted by Paff
Yeah, I don't follow Marvel (comics or the movies), so many AoS storylines are lost on me. I have a friend who's a big fan of the comics so he knows every character/foe/creature the show brings in. But like you, the show is up and down for me. Oftentimes I too have no idea what's going on in a season. It's usually "background" viewing for me, and the lack of attention I give it only makes it cloudier.

That said, I really liked that premiere, and I hope the rest of this final season keeps the pace. Loved the 30s fashion and looks, and also the title graphics. Keep it up, ABC, there ain't nothin' else to watch all summer.
I am a big Marvel guy, Comics and movies, and I gave up on this show midway through season 4 and never looked back. Nothing about this show ever gabbed me except its connection to the films, and as that went by the wayside, so did my interest.
Old 05-29-20, 10:43 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,101 Likes on 797 Posts

I don't watch this anymore, so this is not a comment on its quality, but this is truly a "WHAT . . . THIS SHOW IS STILL ON!?!?!?" situation.
Old 05-29-20, 11:26 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 194 Likes on 156 Posts

Originally Posted by Count Dooku
I don't watch this anymore, so this is not a comment on its quality, but this is truly a "WHAT . . . THIS SHOW IS STILL ON!?!?!?" situation.
It's been a summer show the last few years.
Old 05-29-20, 12:00 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 221 Likes on 177 Posts

I mostly just watch it for the individual actors, as I've lost the plot years ago.
Old 05-31-20, 01:22 PM
DVD Talk God

I had to finish the last 4 episodes of season 6 last night before I could start season 7. I managed to catch up all last night.

First of all, I'm glad we're done with "Sarge" he was such an asshole. I like that they managed to bring back Coulson even though he is an LMD. At least he carries pretty much all of his personality traits.

The 1st episode was fun. I liked the setting and that was a fun way to bring back Koenig even though it really wasn't him.

I when Deke got those badges for the team and Coulson said...."Where you did get these from a cereal box?" and they introduced themselves to the 1930's as Canadian mounties.

For those of you who think you can jump right in just because it's the final season, you might be a little lost. The plot of season 6 carries over into this season and as I said, one of the main characters had a major thing happen to him which changes him forever.
Old 06-02-20, 02:12 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Finally watched this tonight. Daisy looks amazing!
Old 06-02-20, 07:40 PM
Banned

Received 376 Likes on 295 Posts

Funny, I was just thinking about Patton Oswalt's earlier appearance in the show a few days ago and they bring him back.
Old 06-04-20, 09:17 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts

Wondering how LONG a long time is.
Old 06-05-20, 02:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think their thinking is flawed. Just because the Chronicoms seek to kill Wilfred Malik, as does Daisy, doesn't mean there wouldn't be a SHIELD. SHEILD could be created to fight some other evil organization, like KAOS, THRUSH or even SPECTRE.
Old 06-06-20, 03:51 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Fun stuff so far. Off to the 50s eh? Our only complaint - where the heck is Fitz? (Actor issue or just plotting?)
Old 06-08-20, 06:52 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 29 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by SmithsGuy
Fun stuff so far. Off to the 50s eh? Our only complaint - where the heck is Fitz? (Actor issue or just plotting?)
It's a shortened season, so that makes his absence even worse.
Old 06-09-20, 11:03 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 241 Likes on 152 Posts

Originally Posted by SmithsGuy
I can't remember everything that's happened with him but

Spoiler:
Isn't Fitz dead? Impaled on something or other. But frozen Fitz that went to the future is still out there waiting to be picked up. Or did they already do this and he's somewhere else? [.spoiler]

Binging the whole series (just started S4) since I haven't seen these since they originally aired. Think I'll save S7 until I "catch up" again.
Old 06-09-20, 11:23 AM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by Jason
I can't remember everything that's happened with him but

Spoiler:
Isn't Fitz dead? Impaled on something or other. But frozen Fitz that went to the future is still out there waiting to be picked up. Or did they already do this and he's somewhere else? [.spoiler]

Binging the whole series (just started S4) since I haven't seen these since they originally aired. Think I'll save S7 until I "catch up" again.
Since you’re behind, I’ll mention that everything was resolved last season.
Old 06-09-20, 03:59 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 241 Likes on 152 Posts

Originally Posted by DJariya
Since you’re behind, I’ll mention that everything was resolved last season.
Thats what I thought. Its just that with all the twists and turns, I had forgotten a lot. I imagine having all that fresh will help when I get to S7.
Old 06-09-20, 04:17 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 250 Likes on 176 Posts

Wasn't there something about Fitz and Simmons having to be apart from each other because the Chronicoms would be able to know what SHIELD was up to if their minds worked together after being in that brain scan device. Maybe I'm imagining it. The Chronicoms would be able to predict exactly what decisions/actions SHIELD would take if Fitz and Simmons combined thoughts.
Old 06-09-20, 08:49 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by rw2516
Wasn't there something about Fitz and Simmons having to be apart from each other because the Chronicoms would be able to know what SHIELD was up to if their minds worked together after being in that brain scan device. Maybe I'm imagining it. The Chronicoms would be able to predict exactly what decisions/actions SHIELD would take if Fitz and Simmons combined thoughts.
Yeah, something like that.
Old 06-12-20, 09:42 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 949 Likes on 723 Posts

Enjoying the heck out of this season. The trip to the 50s is just as good as the trip to the 30s.

Loved the Blade Runner reference, and "moist......moist....moist" will never not be funny.

By the way, what's the big deal with leaving Enoch behind? He's not human. Just meet him later. Same thing happened on Futurama when they traveled to 1947 Roswell and Bender's head was left behind. When they returned to the year 3000, they just went to the desert and dug it up.

Last edited by Paff; 06-12-20 at 11:14 AM.
Old 06-12-20, 07:52 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Paff
Enjoying the heck out of this season. The trip to the 50s is just as good as the trip to the 30s.

Loved the Blade Runner reference, and "moist......moist....moist" will never not be funny.

By the way, what's the big deal with leaving Enoch behind? He's not human. Just meet him later. Same thing happened on Futurama when they traveled to 1947 Roswell and Bender's head was left behind. When they returned to the year 3000, they just went to the desert and dug it up.
Maybe the team will miss him before they meet him again in the future? Or they feel bad for him missing out on their time-hopping adventures because he had grown attached to them?
Old 06-12-20, 08:42 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,245 Likes on 856 Posts

This is still on? I could have sworn it was canceled back around season 2 or 3.
Old 06-18-20, 11:00 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,366 Likes on 928 Posts

Wow looks like they are keeping Sousa around. Didn't see that coming. Nice reappearance of Enoch!
​​​​​​

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.