DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   Love Life (HBO Max) -- anthology series -- From EP Paul Feig, Anna Kendrick -- Premieres 5/27/20 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/650353-love-life-hbo-max-anthology-series-ep-paul-feig-anna-kendrick-premieres-5-27-20-a.html)

Barth 06-13-20 12:18 PM

re: Love Life (HBO Max) -- anthology series -- From EP Paul Feig, Anna Kendrick -- Premieres 5/27/20

As most here, this limped to the end for me. It peaked at episode 5 and went downhill from there. It didn’t really do anything different or better than the numerous other coming of age/relationship shows out there.
I think I’m getting Kendrick burn out. I’ve watched a lot of her recently and she essentially plays the same character in everything.

davidh777 07-09-20 05:10 PM

re: Love Life (HBO Max) -- anthology series -- From EP Paul Feig, Anna Kendrick -- Premieres 5/27/20

Just watched the last seven episodes. I agree I was less interested with the Sarah storyline, but I think the concept of a different boyfriend every episode was bound to get strained. I still like Kendrick, but yeah, I had to take a break from her a couple years ago.

Decker 07-09-20 06:24 PM

I liked the final couple of episodes. Not the two about the Mother and Sarah, but those last two were pretty good, IMO.

It's weird that the guy in that final episode is the same guy who's Rob's love interest/obsession in High Fidelity. Like can't they find two different handsome charming actors in New York?

DWilson 07-27-20 02:11 PM

HBO Max says this is their second most popular series; "Friends" is No. 1 and "Big Bang" is No. 3.

dex14 11-05-20 01:55 PM

The Good Place alum William Jackson Harper has been tapped as the lead of Season 2 of Love Life, HBO Max’s romantic comedy anthology series from Lionsgate Television.

Harper succeeds Anna Kendrick, who toplined the first season of the show.

As revealed at the time of Love Life‘s renewal, Season 2 will remain set in New York City but will focus on a new character’s journey. It centers on Harper’s character as he comes out of a years-long relationship with the woman he thought was going to be his person. The rug pulled out from under him, he is plunged back into the search for the romantic fulfillment that he thought he’d already found.

Decker 11-05-20 02:04 PM

He's friggin' great. That's awesome news.

JeffTheAlpaca 02-19-21 03:00 AM

It seemed every episode had a scene where Darby sat on the toilet.

I wish this did not get resolved and there could be a second season and maybe she and Augie got back together.

Still don't understand why they could not make it work since they seemed close to perfect for each other.

Maybe Jin Ha (Augie) could have been the lead for a second season.

Officer Cartman 02-22-21 09:11 AM

Just binged this yesterday after discovering this thread, and I thoroughly enjoyed myself. Not sure about the direction they're taking the second season, but I'll give it a shot nonetheless.

dex14 09-14-21 12:43 PM

Meet Marcus Watkins and discover a new love story. #LoveLifeOnMax

Stream Season 2 of Love Life on October 28 on HBOMax.

davidh777 09-15-21 04:54 PM

Re: Love Life (HBO Max) -- anthology series -- From EP Paul Feig, Anna Kendrick -- Premieres 5/27/20

I forgot I watched this show and thought the thread bump was for the Modern Romance show that had Anne Hathaway in one episode. :lol:

I’ll probably at least sample the new season.

JeffTheAlpaca 09-15-21 07:45 PM

Re: Love Life (HBO Max) -- anthology series -- From EP Paul Feig, Anna Kendrick -- Premieres 5/27/20

I guess William Jackson Parker is a guy to watch since he is getting bigger roles in movies and TV.

dex14 09-29-21 02:39 PM

DJariya 10-28-21 02:19 PM

Season 2 is now up.

My I guess interest in it might be minimal since Kendrick is no longer the star

Barth 10-28-21 04:22 PM

Originally Posted by DJariya (Post 14004237)
Season 2 is now up.

My I guess interest in it might be minimal since Kendrick is no longer the star

Yeah, I watched the first season because of Kendrick and the fact it was one of the first original series on HBO Max. It wasn't very good IMO. I'll pass on this one.

dex14 11-09-21 10:08 AM

I like William Jackson Harper and Jessica Williams and have been enjoying Season 2 so far. I do miss Kendrick though.

BDB 11-09-21 11:18 AM

Same. Very much enjoying. Good cast. And stories. Love his dad.

dex14 12-12-22 06:26 PM

Cancelled. Not surprising.
https://variety.com/2022/tv/news/lov...ax-1235458581/

Gizmo 12-12-22 06:34 PM

Shame.

I really liked both entires, they felt fresh and unique.

Oh well.