Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Trackers (Cinemax) -- International action series -- Premieres 6/5/20

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-20, 11:26 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,640 Likes on 2,613 Posts
Trackers (Cinemax) -- International action series -- Premieres 6/5/20

An adaptation of internationally acclaimed author Deon Meyer's crime novel, TRACKERS, shot entirely in South Africa and debuting FRIDAY, JUNE 5, deftly interweaves three story strands into a sophisticated action-packed thriller that covers the length and breadth of the country, explosively colliding in Cape Town in a violent conspiracy involving organized crime, smuggled diamonds, state security, black rhinos, the CIA and an international terrorist plot.

TRACKERS stars James Alexander, Rolanda Marais, Ed Stoppard, Sandi Schultz, Brendon Daniels, Trix Vivier, Thapelo Mokoena, and Sisanda Henna.

Executive producers, Cobus van den Berg, Tim Theron, Jonathan Drake, Robert Thorogood, Deon Meyer; executive creative producer, Steve Maher; series producer, Rebecca Fuller-Campbell; directed by Jyri Kähönen; cinematography by Ivan Strasburg; adapted for television by Robert Thorogood from the novel by Deon Meyer; a Cinemax presentation of a Three River Fiction and Scene23 co-production in association with M-Net and ZDF.

The first trailer for this came out today. It doesn't air until this summer, but wanted to put it on your radars.

I'm really confused. Cinemax said they were done with original shows after Strike Back finishes, but this is a new series as well as Gangs of London. They are also airing the 2nd season of Warrior this Fall. And they are also airing the 2nd season of CB Strike later this year.

Have they back tracked and changed their minds again?

I already posted a thread for Gangs of London, which you can search for.
Old 04-18-20, 12:47 AM
Suspended; also need updated email

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Re: Trackers (Cinemax) -- International action series -- Premieres 6/5/20

Im happy for Cinemax to continue doing originals, maybe they will uncancel Strike Back

Old 04-18-20, 06:35 AM

Received 4,584 Likes on 3,103 Posts

I don’t think they said specifically after Strike Back they were done. They said (only 3 months ago) that “there will not be any more Cinemax originals being produced going forward.” This, CB Strike, and Gangs if London are just co-productions. All of them and Warrior Season 2 were in the works before they said they were done. I don’t think it changes anything.

Last edited by dex14; 04-18-20 at 07:23 AM.
Old 04-18-20, 09:03 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 283 Likes on 181 Posts

I was going to post about the same thing (new Cinemax show?). Glad to hear that there will be a second season of Warrior, but also hoping Jett comes back one way or another. I liked that more than Warrior.
Old 04-18-20, 09:22 AM

Received 4,584 Likes on 3,103 Posts

I liked Jett a lot too. That is definitely dead at Cinemax. Seems unlikely at this point that anyone would pick it up, but I’d be happy to be wrong.
Old 06-10-20, 07:45 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,640 Likes on 2,613 Posts

This premiered on Cinemax last Friday. Almost forgot about it until it showed up on my DVR.

I don't know how many of you have Cinemax, but it's up. I didn't see much activity in the Strike Back final season thread, so I'm guessing most here don't have Cinemax.

There's still no air date for Gangs of London.
Old 06-11-20, 03:23 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 393 Likes on 281 Posts

Comcast cut Cinemax from my line up sometime last year in favor of some shitty streaming service I have never watched. I was really enjoying Jett and it was midway through the season which pissed me off.
Old 06-24-20, 11:13 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This is supposedly the first All South African-written big(-ish) budget production intended for world consumption. Made in partnership with the British, and I believe it aired in S.A. about a year ago.

I'm really enjoying it. There are a few amateurish cliches that American shows seem finally to have gotten over, like a 24-style "enhancing the low-res image to read the email off the screen" stuff. And some of the tension is overwrought when the outcome is clear.

BUT, it's beautiful scenery, and the book-driven plots are pretty interesting after seeing just the first ep. Lots of different languages from English to Afrikaans to I think a little German and Zulu here and there.

Mainly, it's something just a bit DIFFERENT, which I will go out of my way for these days.

Last edited by cowtown; 06-24-20 at 06:03 PM.