Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

Bosch (Amazon) Season 6 Thread premieres 4/17/20

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Old 03-17-20, 11:52 AM

Received 203 Likes on 147 Posts

When domestic terrorists threaten the fate of Los Angeles, Harry Bosch must save the city in the highest stakes season to date. Watch all episodes April 17!
This was renewed for a 7th and final season.
Old 03-17-20, 12:27 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Re: Bosch (Amazon) Season 6 Thread premieres 4/17/20

Looks like this is based at least partially on the Overlook, and they cast a Rachel Walling analog since they can't use Walling (she first appeared in a non-Bosch book).
Old 03-17-20, 02:41 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've read most of the Bosch series and I'm curious how they decided to pick the books to base each season on.

It seems like they mainly stuck with the earlier books in the series, I'm guessing because the later books trailed off in quality (IMHO).

But with only doing 6 seasons this seems like a lost opportunity. There are definitely still some strong books remaining to mine from.

Was the audience not there? I didn't care for this actor as Harry Bosch at first but he's made the part his own and now I can't imagine anyone else...
Old 03-17-20, 02:46 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Last season was Two Kinds of Truth from 2017

I had hopscotched all around reading them before so I started over from the beginning back in 2018 (just got through Angels Flight this week) so I haven't read some of the newest ones.
Old 03-17-20, 02:52 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 84 Likes on 68 Posts

Originally Posted by bluesix View Post
I've read most of the Bosch series and I'm curious how they decided to pick the books to base each season on.

It seems like they mainly stuck with the earlier books in the series, I'm guessing because the later books trailed off in quality (IMHO).

But with only doing 6 seasons this seems like a lost opportunity. There are definitely still some strong books remaining to mine from.

Was the audience not there? I didn't care for this actor as Harry Bosch at first but he's made the part his own and now I can't imagine anyone else...
7 seasons and 70 episodes is not enough? It's the longest running and most successful Amazon Prime series. People move on eventually. Most shows don't even last 2-3 seasons.