Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

The Boys (Amazon) -- Season 2 Thread -- Premieres 9/4/20

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-20, 03:42 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,192 Likes on 918 Posts
Re: The Boys (Amazon) -- Season 2 Thread -- Premieres 9/4/20

Great first 3 episodes! I did have a glitch, from Amazon's side, where the first 2 episodes only played in HD and the 3rd episode played in full HDR. Hopefully it will get fixed.
Old 09-05-20, 08:03 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Rewatched the last Season 1 episode where Homelander slices up Syrian civilians, then started in on the new stuff. This show is still awesome and hasn't lost a step!

Originally Posted by johnnysd
it was like "bloated second season loses its mofo"
Yeah, it definitely hasn't lost its mofo.
Old 09-05-20, 11:09 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,640 Likes on 2,613 Posts

Just finished episode 3. It was IMO the best of the 3. Crazy shit all around. The whale scene. and then Stormfront going on that killing rampage in pursuit of Kumiko's brother. 1st we think she's some tough badass bitch. Then it turns out, she's a psychotic racist.

The After Show Inside the Boys is great. It's funny and let's everyone including Aisha Tyler talk very loosely no holds barred uncensored. I liked Antony, Aya and Chace in that episode. They were very funny together.

The episode 3 After show was really fun too. Karen Fukuhara is cute and very charming. And the writer of episode 3 did talk about the episode and how it delved into racism, which is true and has political ramifications in our society.

Overall, very pleased so far. Looking forward to next week.

Last edited by DJariya; 09-07-20 at 10:57 AM.
Old 09-06-20, 08:15 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 487 Likes on 286 Posts

For the CEO of Vought to be so comfortable dressing down Homelander makes me think they must have some sort of counter to supers. It only makes sense they would have a counter. If I develop a superhero formula, I would make damn sure that I had an antidote or a suppressant in case the people taking the drug went rogue. I wonder if we’ll see something like that if Homelander or Stormfront start actively trying to destroy Vought.
The following 2 users liked this post by spainlinx0:
Bandoman (09-10-20), Deftones (09-09-20)
Old 09-06-20, 08:37 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 266 Likes on 194 Posts

As much as I enjoy this show I guess I will have to be the contrarian here. Way too much time spent with fish boy to set up the whale scene. Maybe it is because I can't stand the character. To me it started a bit slow. But it is still better than most shows. I don't like that I have to wait each week now. But I can understand why they are doing it.

Originally Posted by spainlinx0
For the CEO of Vought to be so comfortable dressing down Homelander makes me think they must have some sort of counter to supers. It only makes sense they would have a counter. If I develop a superhero formula, I would make damn sure that I had an antidote or a suppressant in case the people taking the drug went rogue. I wonder if we’ll see something like that if Homelander or Stormfront start actively trying to destroy Vought.
Yeah he was way to comfortable taking Homelander down a few pegs there could be something to that.
Old 09-06-20, 08:57 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 67 Likes on 58 Posts

I know the original comic did have a countermeasure for Homelander (look it up if you want to find out more), but I suspect the series is not going in that direction. However I do think Vought has something secret to counter The Seven so probably another drug that counters Compound V (they are *primarily* a pharmaceutical company afterall) or maybe a secret Supe whose power is the ability to suppress any other Supe's powers.
Old 09-06-20, 11:02 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by candyrocket786
I still want to know whats going on with Homelander's face. Specifically, the left cheek/jawline.
He's got two or three unnatural looking lumps in his cheeks, almost like he's eating, but they're permanent. And more. There's definitely something going on with his face, maybe an old accident & reconstructive surgery? Dunno. He's pretty great in the role.

With Jenson Ackles playing a WW2-era supe in S3, he could be in just one backstory scene, so don't get too excited.

Last edited by adamblast; 09-06-20 at 11:08 AM.
Old 09-06-20, 11:47 AM
DVD Talk Hero

He has an underbite.
Old 09-06-20, 05:48 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 366 Likes on 266 Posts

Homelander is such a douche. There really aren’t many antagonists that I hate as much as him. In anything.
Old 09-06-20, 08:29 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Plus: the return of [small spoiler]
Spoiler:
the fly!!!!

I didn't think it was a real thing in S1. They definitely make a deal out of it this year in the first episode, if only to tweak our noses.

Old 09-07-20, 09:34 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 233 Likes on 137 Posts

Originally Posted by DJariya
Then it turns out, she's a psychotic racist. :;lol:
Seemed pretty obvious the moment they named her StormFront.
Old 09-07-20, 09:41 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,302 Likes on 946 Posts

Originally Posted by dstrauss
Seemed pretty obvious the moment they named her StormFront.
Obvious? Stormfronts do some damage and shake things up but I wouldn't imagine RACIST would be included. Out here in the midwest we get stormfronts all the time. Never knew one to be racist.
Old 09-07-20, 10:47 AM

Received 1,919 Likes on 1,131 Posts

Stormfront is considered a white supremacist group. The link is to the Southern Poverty Law Center's description of them
Old 09-07-20, 11:29 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,302 Likes on 946 Posts

Originally Posted by story
Stormfront is considered a white supremacist group. The link is to the Southern Poverty Law Center's description of them
I didn't know that. I stand corrected.
Old 09-07-20, 12:20 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 487 Likes on 286 Posts

Originally Posted by d2cheer
As much as I enjoy this show I guess I will have to be the contrarian here. Way too much time spent with fish boy to set up the whale scene. Maybe it is because I can't stand the character. To me it started a bit slow. But it is still better than most shows. I don't like that I have to wait each week now. But I can understand why they are doing it.

Yeah he was way to comfortable taking Homelander down a few pegs there could be something to that.
I do agree with you about the Deep. I am not too fond of his storyline so far, but maybe this Scientology shit they’re pushing pays off later.
Old 09-07-20, 03:30 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,640 Likes on 2,613 Posts

Wow, The Boys has gotten trolled with mostly 1 Star reviews because people are pissed with the weekly release strategy.
Old 09-07-20, 05:27 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 241 Likes on 152 Posts

I do agree with you about the Deep. I am not too fond of his storyline so far, but maybe this Scientology shit they’re pushing pays off later.
I'm finding the character more sympathetic than I expected. He's a scumbag, but he's trying to reform. The two funniest moments in the series for me were the dolphin in the van and Deep "rescuing" a lobster from the grocery store. The scientology shit is boring though. Can't really see a payoff.

Old 09-07-20, 06:23 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 266 Likes on 194 Posts

Originally Posted by Troy Stiffler
Homelander is such a douche. There really aren’t many antagonists that I hate as much as him. In anything.
And that is why it is such a GREAT character and actor playing him. One of those you love to hate.
The following users liked this post:
candyrocket786 (09-10-20)
Old 09-07-20, 07:51 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 173 Likes on 137 Posts

The problem is that the other story lines are just so much stronger that this one feels like it is wasting time that could be spent on the good stuff. But I think the lighter, somewhat humorous stuff actually helps set apart and even intensify the more serious scenes that follow. So not my favorite parts of the episode either, but works as kind of an addition by subtraction.
Old 09-07-20, 09:40 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I did LOL when Homelander threw the kid off the roof. I knew what was going to happen next. I wonder if the "Son of Superman" will be even stronger than his dad? I've yet to read to the comics, so I don't know what happens.

I did think the stuff with Deep was the weakest. I think the gills are gross and felt that the whole thing with Patton Oswalt was weak. Stormfront was a real c-word, but they're definitely going to build on that. Urban still rocks and is my favorite character on the show. The Female is also really cool. I did not realize it was Katana from Suicide Squad. She's pretty.
Old 09-08-20, 05:11 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 88 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by DJariya
Wow, The Boys has gotten trolled with mostly 1 Star reviews because people are pissed with the weekly release strategy.
Slipknot said it best: People = Shit
Old 09-09-20, 07:03 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,366 Likes on 928 Posts

Loved all 3. Really wish they had not spoiled the whale thing in the trailer. So many different plots going on at the same time. The show is pretty deep with regard to plot.

I do agree with above speculation about the two points.
Spoiler:
Vaught has a way to control the heroes and Hughie somehow takes compound V
Old 09-09-20, 07:30 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 32 Likes on 26 Posts

I normally watch all trailers, but decided not to for season 2, even though I was super excited for it. Some of the stuff comes out of left field, so happy to not be spoiled!
The following users liked this post:
Deftones (09-09-20)
Old 09-10-20, 07:56 AM
Enormous Genitals

Location: a small cottage on a cul de sac in the lower pits of hell.
Received 583 Likes on 335 Posts

This show is fantastic. I had never heard of the comics before last season, so this is all new to me and I'm loving every minute of it. I laugh every time Homelander insists on calling them "Supervillains" and everyone ignores him and keeps calling them "Super Terrorists".
Old 09-10-20, 08:06 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 236 Likes on 169 Posts

Originally Posted by Troy Stiffler
He definitely not going to win Father Of The Year.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.