Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

The Bachelor - Season 24 "Pilot Pete" Thread premieres 1/6/20

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-20, 10:01 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 425 Likes on 306 Posts
The Bachelor - Season 24 "Pilot Pete" Thread premieres 1/6/20

Its January that means its time for a new season of the Bachelor. Tonight's episode is three hours long and I expect a lot of windmill jokes.

Here's the video announcing all of the ladies.
Old 01-06-20, 12:47 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 382 Likes on 307 Posts
Re: The Bachelor - Season 24 "Pilot Pete" Thread premieres 1/6/20

The wife and I never miss this show... it's a train-wreck with lots of fast forwarding... but we're in.
Old 01-06-20, 01:39 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 812 Likes on 601 Posts

I have it set to record tonight. Since it's three hours, I won't be able to finish it until this weekend. I work long days Monday thru Wednesday.
Old 01-06-20, 03:10 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I hate when they do three hours they usually fill the time with pointless garbage.
Old 01-06-20, 03:38 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Not related but interesting news. Former Bachelor contestant Jade Tolbert won a $1 million prize on DraftKings and might be in trouble for cheating.
https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/b...7pkJaURI9g6KY8

Last edited by Bluelitespecial; 01-07-20 at 09:47 AM.
Old 01-06-20, 10:50 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 47 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by Bluelitespecial
Not related but interesting news. Former Bachelor contestant Jade Tolbert won a $1 million prize on DraftKings and might be in trouble for cheating
https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/b...7pkJaURI9g6KY8
LMAO her husband had 150 entires and made 150 for her. Their Bachelor bud Chris Randone had 100 entries and immediately congratulated her husband for winning, then deleted the tweet. Cheating fuckers.

Anyway, chick bottom right is smoking in that pic.
Old 01-07-20, 09:06 AM
DVD Talk Legend

That was the most women I have seen hammered on the first night of the show in a long time. Most of the women seemed pretty dumb but I'm sure we'll see more depth from them in the weeks ahead. I applaud ABC for a doing a three hour show and it didn't have any filler, but Hannah B. and Peter should have sorted out their feelings before he accepted being the Bachelor. It felt wrong seeing them exploited like that and it wasn't fair to the women who were chosen to be on the show to meet Peter. Also lots of great boobs on display last night.
Old 01-07-20, 09:23 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 618 Likes on 497 Posts

I hate when they do three hours they usually fill the time with pointless garbage.
Only got through the first half of it last night.

The first one out of the limos was my favorite. Very hot.
Old 01-08-20, 02:55 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Another Bachelor Spinoff is on the way. The Bachelor-"Listen to Your Heart" will debut this spring on April 13th and will focus on 20 Men and Women who are musicians and will be searching for love along the way. I'm guessing this will be a short series as it will probably be done before the premiere of the Bachelorette.
https://deadline.com/2020/01/the-bac...o9suV4UN_WUC7I
Old 01-14-20, 09:10 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Well two episodes in and it just feels weird so far. The rose ceremony is in the middle of the show, and the whole #champagnegate drama was stupid. It's still too early as I'm learning the names of the ladies. Victoria F's sob story during the runway date was dumb and complete BS if internet rumors are true. I'll Spoiler tag this part
Spoiler:
Apparently she slept with multiple married men and wrecked several friends marriages.

Last edited by Bluelitespecial; 01-14-20 at 04:56 PM.
Old 01-14-20, 09:42 AM
DVD Talk God

Well two episodes in and it just feels weird so far. The rose ceremony is in the middle of the show, and the whole #champagnegate drama was stupid.
Spoiler:
Apparently she slept with multiple married men and wrecking several friends marriages.
God no. Champagnegate was pure comedy gold. The Bachelor is at its best when the girls get all catty over the stupidest shit.
Old 01-14-20, 04:12 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Last night did give us one of the best gifs ever to come from the show. Kelsey looked like she took the Money Shot.
Old 01-15-20, 07:12 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Last night did give us one of the best gifs ever to come from the show. Kelsey looked like she took the Money Shot.
I rarely laugh out loud during a TV show... but this was comedy gold. Such a deserving facial too.... this girl is as crazy and narcissistic as they come.
Old 01-21-20, 08:59 AM
DVD Talk God

These women are so vicious. They all ganged up on hot Miss Texas out of nowhere (which sucks because she was my favorite) for being fake. Like they all aren't fake - hell there are 4 beauty pagent contestants on this.. And the doofus goes out of his way to interogate girls about her and tosses her immediately w/o giving her another round or 2 where he might be able to do some of his own analysis.

Speaking of Peter - this guy is a total dud and that's saying something given some of the past Bachelors they've cast. Zero personality and emotionally weak - constantly sulking. The guy sure knows how to take the 'party' out of pool party.

And I think the producers need to remind the audience more that he's a pilot.
Old 01-21-20, 09:05 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Peter is boring but somehow gets a ton of ass. This season has been hard to watch so far. I'll say I liked Victoria P after their one on one date last night. I didn't think they would have a western wear store and a country bar in CA. I've already seen the spoilers for next week.
Spoiler:
Aliyah comes back and they go to Cleveland for some reason.
Old 01-21-20, 09:10 AM
DVD Talk God

Peter is boring but somehow gets a ton of ass. This season has been hard to watch so far. I'll say I liked Victoria P after their one on one date last night. I didn't think they would have a western wear store and a country bar in CA. I've already seen the spoilers for next week.
Spoiler:
Aliyah comes back and they go to Cleveland for some reason.

Sure. He's good looking and very well off. The pilot thing is gravy.

Yeah - I saw that preview. Don't see anything changing - just to add more drama.
Old 01-23-20, 01:19 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 22 Likes on 16 Posts

The date with all the girls in "lin-ga-ree" sure was a "finasco"
Old 01-28-20, 08:12 AM
DVD Talk God

This season has been pure gold.

The girls could barely contain their excitement for their getaway to Cleveland. Nice commercial from the Cleveland Tourism Board. Great view of ugly Browns stadium from the hotel room.

at Victoria telling one of the producers that she used to date the singer as if the producer didn't know (and obviously setting up the whole thing). And she broke up with him?? She chose pooooorly.

Peter telling Kelsey that she's a no-drama person. Hello, Champagnegate??!! God, what an idiot.

The producers callling the football game a draw so they could maximize the number of women who get pissed off later with the return of Alayah. And they got the added bonus of Peter being an absolute dolt by talking to only 2 of the women and spending nearly all of the time with Alayah. He's really not good at this. Then he seemed genuinely shocked when the girls went off on him at the final cocktail party.
The following users liked this post:
TimeandTide (01-29-20)
Old 01-28-20, 10:09 AM
DVD Talk Legend

They only went to Cleveland for the Chase Rice concert and the Victoria F. meltdown. I think the only reason Aliyah came back was to sling dirt at the ladies that she knew from reading Reality Steve’s website and to gain more exposure for an instagram career after the show. No way she gives a shit about Peter. I was happy to see the ladies lay into Peter before the Rose Ceremony. He hardly gave any time to the majority of the group during the Football date.
Old 01-28-20, 10:14 AM
DVD Talk God

They only went to Cleveland for the Chase Rice concert and the Victoria F. meltdown. I think the only reason Aliyah came back was to sling dirt at the ladies that she knew from reading Reality Steve’s website and to gain more exposure for an instagram career after the show. No way she gives a shit about Peter. I was happy to see the ladies lay into Peter before the Rose Ceremony. He hardly gave any time to the majority of the group during the Football date.
None of these women give a shit about him. Well, except maybe that super insecure blonde (can't remember her name - she was the last one picked in the last rose ceremony). They're all in it for the exposure.

And really none of them should give a shit about him since he's a complete drip.

Last edited by Red Dog; 01-28-20 at 10:26 AM.
Old 01-28-20, 11:23 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Red Dog
This season has been pure gold.

The girls could barely contain their excitement for their getaway to Cleveland. Nice commercial from the Cleveland Tourism Board. Great view of ugly Browns stadium from the hotel room.

at Victoria telling one of the producers that she used to date the singer as if the producer didn't know (and obviously setting up the whole thing). And she broke up with him?? She chose pooooorly.

Peter telling Kelsey that she's a no-drama person. Hello, Champagnegate??!! God, what an idiot.

The producers callling the football game a draw so they could maximize the number of women who get pissed off later with the return of Alayah. And they got the added bonus of Peter being an absolute dolt by talking to only 2 of the women and spending nearly all of the time with Alayah. He's really not good at this. Then he seemed genuinely shocked when the girls went off on him at the final cocktail party.
This year has been excellent. Peter is coming off as a nice guy who doesn't know a thing about women.
I really expected at least one or two of the ladies to leave when Alayah was welcomed back... is Alayah hot enough to warrant all the drama? I don't think so.
Old 01-28-20, 02:36 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Also of note Jade Tolbert will not receive the $1 Million dollar prize from Draft Kings. I'm glad this happened as they don't deserve it, to my understanding Tanner made all the picks and put Jade's name on the profile for the extra 150 entries.
https://nypost.com/2020/01/27/ex-bac...kings-scandal/
Old 01-28-20, 03:53 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I guess we are getting two episodes next week airing on Monday and Wednesday. Also I checked ABC's website and it says Monday night's episode is 3 hours again.
https://www.cosmopolitan.com/enterta...wBP8XkvrtVidcg
Old 02-04-20, 08:22 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I made it through three hours last night. There are plenty of beautiful women left but they are all really awful people. Aliyah came back and then left. The ladies do nothing but fight one another. The only one who stands out is Kelley, the lawyer from Chicago and she's too good for Peter and this show. If she gets far I'd see her getting offered the chance to be the Bachelorette. My favorite part last night was during the end credits when Chris Harrison narrated what happened to Peter with being injured with changing his voice. I'm still looking for the clip on YouTube.

Last edited by Bluelitespecial; 02-06-20 at 09:41 AM.
Old 02-05-20, 09:16 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Peter got rid of a lot of drama this week, but I must say Tammy is a miserable human being. I don't think I saw her laugh or smile once on the show and she only cared about fighting with the other ladies. She all but guaranteed she'll be on Paradise this summer.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.