DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   Devs (c: Alex Garland, s: Mizuno, Offerman) (FX on Hulu) -- 3/5/20 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/649491-devs-c-alex-garland-s-mizuno-offerman-fx-hulu-3-5-20-a.html)

MrX 04-18-20 10:05 AM

Re: Devs (c: Alex Garland, s: Mizuno, Offerman) (FX on Hulu) -- 3/5/20

I watched the entire series over the last couple of days and I thought it was good.

I thought the score really added to the atmosphere, it sounded like the score from the Chernobyl miniseries.

General Zod 04-18-20 11:05 AM

I thought it was OK. We watched it from the beginning. The whole plot seemed unrealistic to me and I really never could come around to it being plausible so that made it less enjoyable. It was entertaining anyhow.

adamblast 04-18-20 11:32 AM

I really enjoyed the finale setup, and only kinda-enjoyed the finale.

johnnysd 07-24-20 11:31 AM

Originally Posted by MrX (Post 13726049)
I watched the entire series over the last couple of days and I thought it was good.

I thought the score really added to the atmosphere, it sounded like the score from the Chernobyl miniseries.

I hated the score, I thought it was actively destructive to the show, and way too many artsy with no purpose montages.

I liked the initial setup but I sort of liked each episode less and less and hated the finale which I thought was idiotic.

Disliked the direction very much and thought the monotone that all the characters were directed into did not work.

Plus yet another show where every character is essentially unlikable. One of my least favorite shows this year in a year where almost all of them are at least decent on the streaming services.

Osiris3657 01-02-21 08:15 PM

Knocked this out over the last couple days. I dug it, very introspective. Also, it was cool seeing Edward Norton's boss from Fight Club in this, as the head of security. Don't think I've seen him in anything since FC.

james2025a 01-25-21 04:32 AM

Binged it over the last couple of days and really enjoyed it a lot.

Ayre 01-25-21 09:39 AM

Originally Posted by johnnysd (Post 13777898)
Plus yet another show where every character is essentially unlikable.

This is a huge peeve of mine. There is a certain segment of viewers that like these dark shows, I don't mind it if there is at least one likeable character ... even if they kill them off. This show had so much potential squandered in the name of art. They abstracted the science until it was a block of stone pretending to be science. This show should have been more Mr. Robot. The casting was way off. Offerman doesn't have the range and outside of Pill, the others can't lift up the show. C+ Nice try, bad execution.