Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

DC's Titans (DC Universe) -- Season 2 Thread -- Premieres 9/6/19

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-19, 12:17 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,640 Likes on 2,613 Posts
DC's Titans (DC Universe) -- Season 2 Thread -- Premieres 9/6/19

In this action-packed, live-action series, Dick Grayson, aka the former Robin (series star BRENTON THWAITES), emerges from the shadows to lead a band of new heroes – including Starfire, Raven, Beast Boy and others. DC UNIVERSE’s first original series follows this group of young heroes as they come of age and find belonging in a gritty take on the iconic Teen Titans franchise. In the groundbreaking first season, Dick meets Rachel Roth aka Raven (series star TEAGAN CROFT), a young girl with special abilities brought on by a mysterious darkness inside of her that she struggles to control, and together, they find themselves embroiled in a conspiracy to bring about Hell on Earth. Joined by the mysterious Kory Anders aka Starfire (series star ANNA DIOP) and loveable Gar Logan aka Beast Boy (series star RYAN POTTER), these lost and disparate individuals become a surrogate family to one another and a team of heroes for the world.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/lULgyPaGRLg" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

A new 2 1/2 minute full trailer was just released today. This premieres next Friday. Might as well fire up a 2nd season thread.

Superboy and Deathstroke will be new additions this season
Old 08-27-19, 12:23 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,938 Likes on 1,499 Posts
Re: DC's Titans (DC Universe) -- Season 2 Thread -- Premieres 9/6/19

Starfire's updated look is a huge upgrade IMHO. However I almost didn't recognize Wonder Girl. But a bigger Titans team (at least on paper)? I'm excited.
Old 08-27-19, 01:46 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,809 Likes on 1,129 Posts

So excited for this!
Old 08-27-19, 02:24 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 811 Likes on 685 Posts

Hawk and Dove should get their own spin-off. Stargirl has completed principal filming on the season.
Old 09-06-19, 09:24 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 230 Likes on 158 Posts

Pretty good start.

Good to see that Jason Todd is still an asshole.
Old 09-06-19, 12:23 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,365 Likes on 927 Posts

Titans are back bitches!

I sort of wish they would have just used this as the finale for last season. It basically felt once the resolution of Trigon stuff was done, it was a 2nd episode tacked on at the end. Would have been a much better ending point than starting point, outside of the Deathstroke stuff. That suit is fucking badass.

Nice to see Bruce finally.

Last edited by Deftones; 09-06-19 at 01:42 PM.
Old 09-06-19, 01:10 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

It did feel like the finale and set up for next season. I wonder if it was actually filmed but not used as the finale on the last season. Anyone know?
Old 09-06-19, 01:42 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,365 Likes on 927 Posts

Pretty sure 1st half of episode was already filmed, and they changed when they were going to end the season. The 2nd half of the episode was clearly filmed as part of S2.
Old 09-09-19, 02:34 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,640 Likes on 2,613 Posts

Good start to season 2. I also felt like it was 90% last season's finale re-worked with the Deathstroke and Bruce Wayne scenes added on at the end. I seem to recall that season 1 was supposed to be 12 episodes, but it was cut short. They must have filmed the majority of this episode last season because they looked exactly the same where it left off. In the extension scenes, I did see some minor differences in the way Dick and Rachel looked.

I liked seeing Iain Glen as Bruce at the end. I hope he comes back again, but I won't count on him appearing in costume.

Esai Morales is going to be an interesting Deathstroke. He's not a big guy unlike Manu Bennett and Joe Manganiello.

Was Bruce's condition with Dick starting up the Titans in San Francisco was that he had to take Jason Todd off his hands?
Old 09-09-19, 03:35 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

In the DC groups I'm in people are bitching about Ian Glenn as Bruce Wayne. They are saying he shoulda played Alfred.

I'm liking the chemistry between Donna and Cory and Hank and Jason. I feel like Hank likes Jason but refuses to admit it.
Old 09-09-19, 04:05 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 696 Likes on 430 Posts

I'm just hoping they don't spend 90% of this season in a station wagon, traveling from one Holiday Inn to another, in late-winter Michigan.

The Trigon resolution was garbage. The CGI was terrible, and Raven just walked out and banished him.

Why? How? Because she saved her friends and her "heart wasn't broken" so she had the power to exile him with her cosmic extra-dimensional spooge? EXPLAIN!

I liked everything afterward though, and I really dug Ian Glenn as Bruce Wayne. A different take that somehow reminded me of Adam West, surely not in voice or attitude but in that confident Bruce Wayne swagger.

Wonder Girl is not uneasy on the eyes.

Why did the ATF refer to the saviors of the "isolated Trigon incident" as a group of "constumed heroes"? It was just one kid in a Robin costume and a bunch of everyday dorks.

Dude you're at the strip club in the middle of a lap dance, you don't put a man on the phone with your kid
Old 09-10-19, 12:22 AM
Banned

Received 376 Likes on 295 Posts

Batman is almost 60 in this universe?
Old 09-11-19, 02:51 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 731 Likes on 533 Posts

Originally Posted by Eric F
Batman is almost 60 in this universe?
At first, I thought that was Alfred..
Old 09-12-19, 09:50 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I thought it was a pretty good episode. Yeah it feels like a season finale with the final scenes setting up the rest of the season. Was kind of surprised to see Trigon's demon form in it. Not sure what to think of Ian Glenn has Bruce. It was...different. it's just very different from any portrayal of Bruce we have ever seen. But overall good start.
Old 09-13-19, 01:10 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by devilshalo
At first, I thought that was Alfred..
Same. Apparently he's still active too.

​​​​
Old 09-14-19, 07:44 PM
Banned

Titans are a cult.

Listen to Dick trying to "recruit" a new member and tell me that I'm wrong.
Old 09-15-19, 01:53 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 259 Likes on 152 Posts

Episode 2 wasn’t very good. Hopefully the season finds it’s stride soon.
Cori’s hair looked MUCH better, at least.
Old 09-15-19, 11:13 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,156 Likes on 902 Posts

I finally started to watch this last night. I’ll say I like it more than I expected to, but I’m not in love with the show. I’ve gotten through the first three episodes of season one at this point.

The acting is decent from most of the main cast. I like the guy playing Robin pretty well. Raven is also pretty good, and I really like Hawk and Dove.

Main dislike so far is the violence. It just feels too over the top and more of that DCEU trying its best to be edgy feel. I don’t want to see Robin throwing his emblem into some dude’s eye or scraping a guy’s face along a broken car window seam. Plus just the straight up murders. Also the music isn’t my favorite. The theme is okay, but the music inserted into the episodes often feels out of place to me.

Overall I’ve seen worse things. I’ll probably continue to watch it as it isn’t very many episodes. Potential feels like it’s there to me, but I kind of have to disconnect it from any versions of the Teen Titans I know.
Old 09-16-19, 04:59 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Ep 2...Daaaaamn, Dr Light is a mutherfucker! I also love how the realization of Deathstroke's connection makes people stand up and pay attention. If they are going to do Red Hood, I'm fine with Jason Todd being eventually offed. But if they aren't going to do it...I want him to stay for as long as possible as Robin. He's a kick to watch. Donna and Kory have good chemistry. I hope we get some more of them and at least an "All Girl Hero" ep.
Old 09-17-19, 10:40 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

S2E2 was probably the best episode that didn't primarily star side characters like Hawk and Dove or Doom Patrol. Last season, the main team was uninteresting while everyone else was far more interesting. Now, they've added Hawk and Dove officially and Donna Troy as well so that already helps. The writing is definitely snappier than before and Dr. Light and Deathstroke are far better villains than Trigon (now gone) ever was.
Old 09-17-19, 10:47 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,156 Likes on 902 Posts

The show is growing on me more I have to admit. One aspect I find odd is that Dick is still going around as Robin when Jason is the new Robin. Wonder if they’ll eventually make Dick Nightwing instead. He was always Robin in the Titans, but I feel like it would work for this slow. I’m also not big on his violent streak still, but it kind of feels like they’re moving away from that as he finds his identity without Batman and after seeing Jason’s violent side with the cops.
Old 09-17-19, 06:28 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 731 Likes on 533 Posts

Originally Posted by Tom Banjo
Cori’s hair looked MUCH better, at least.
Unfortunately, Rachel/Raven's wig is awful.
Old 09-18-19, 11:58 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 230 Likes on 158 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike86
The show is growing on me more I have to admit. One aspect I find odd is that Dick is still going around as Robin when Jason is the new Robin. Wonder if they’ll eventually make Dick Nightwing instead. He was always Robin in the Titans, but I feel like it would work for this slow. I’m also not big on his violent streak still, but it kind of feels like they’re moving away from that as he finds his identity without Batman and after seeing Jason’s violent side with the cops.
This is where I think DC is going to completely fuck everyone....
Spoiler:
I see them introducing Nightwing in the final seconds of the last episode (although the rumors are that it's earlier)... and then we get some shitty announcement that it was really the Series Finale
Old 09-18-19, 12:17 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by candyrocket786
This is where I think DC is going to completely fuck everyone....
Spoiler:
I see them introducing Nightwing in the final seconds of the last episode (although the rumors are that it's earlier)... and then we get some shitty announcement that it was really the Series Finale
I have the sense this is one of the shows that will survive the inevitable roll up into WB’s service.
Old 09-18-19, 11:10 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Looks like these might be real. If so, Fuckin Aye! We'll see...

Spoiler:

Last edited by Giantrobo; 09-19-19 at 01:30 AM.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.