The Fugitive (Quibi) - S: Kiefer Sutherland

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Old 07-11-19, 06:42 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 434 Likes on 325 Posts

https://deadline.com/2019/07/the-fug...bi-1202643288/

Jeffrey Katzenberg and Meg Whitman’s short-form video platform Quibi has put in development The Fugitive, from Scorpion creator Nick Santora, Thunder Road Films, 3 Arts Entertainment and Warner Bros. TV.Warner Bros.The Fugitive is a new take on the classic title, which Warner Bros. owns. The studio previously produced the 1993 movie starring Harrison Ford. There also was a The Fugitive TV series, created by Roy Huggins and starring David Janssen, which aired on ABC from 1963 to 1967. It was produced by Quinn Martin Productions and United Artists Television.

Written by Santora, The Fugitive centers on blue collar worker Mike Russo, who just wants to make sure his wife, Allison, and 10-year-old daughter, Pearl, are safe, when a bomb rips through the Los Angeles subway train he’s riding on. But the faulty evidence on the ground and “tweet-now, confirm-later” journalism paint a nightmarish picture: it looks to all the world that Mike was responsible for the heinous act. Wrongfully—and very publicly—accused, Mike must prove his innocence by uncovering the real perpetrator, before the legendary cop heading the investigation can apprehend him. With the city in a state of panic and misinformation traveling at the speed of social media, Mike’s life and family hang in the balance as he becomes… The Fugitive.

Santora executive produces with Thunder Road Films’ Basil Iwanyk, 3 Arts Entertainment’s Tom Lassally, and Albert Torres. The Fugitive is produced by Thunder Road Films with 3 Arts Entertainment, and developed with Riverstone Pictures. Warner Bros. TV is the studio.

This is Santora’s second project with Quibi. He also is writing and executive producing an action thiller with Liam Hemsworth attached to star. Santora created, exec produced and ran drama series Scorpion, which aired for four seasons on CBS. He also co-created and exec produced Breakout Kings, which aired for two seasons on A&,E and co-executive produced Fox’s Prison Break.

For those who recall this will be the 3rd TV incarnation of The Fugitive.

Tim Daly played Kimble in a CBS version back in 2000 that got cancelled after 1 season.

Old 07-12-19, 06:36 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 43 Likes on 40 Posts
re: The Fugitive (Quibi) - S: Kiefer Sutherland

Good idea to mix things up (although why they changed his name from Richard Kimble I have no idea). But the premise doesn't make any sense...if Russo was suspected of a terrorist attack, the FBI (not a local cop) would be on the case and his face would be known worldwide (as opposed to the old show, where Kimble's face wasn't all that well known, allowing him to go from small town to small town each week).
Old 09-17-19, 01:06 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

https://deadline.com/2019/09/kiefer-...bi-1202737022/

Kiefer Sutherland and Boyd Holbrook are set to star in Quibi’s The Fugitive, a new take on the 1993 Harrison Ford film which was based on the 1960s TV series of the same name, from Scorpion creator Nick Santora, Thunder Road Films, 3 Arts Entertainment and Warner Bros. TV. Additionally, Stephen Hopkins (24, The Dark Tower) has been tapped to direct the project, and will also serve as an executive producer. Production is set to begin in mid-October.

Written by Santora, The Fugitive centers on blue collar worker Mike Russo, who just wants to make sure his wife, Allison, and 10-year-old daughter, Pearl, are safe, when a bomb rips through the Los Angeles subway train he’s riding on. But the faulty evidence on the ground and “tweet-now, confirm-later” journalism paint a nightmarish picture: it looks to all the world that Mike was responsible for the heinous act. Wrongfully—and very publicly—accused, Mike must prove his innocence by uncovering the real perpetrator, before the legendary cop heading the investigation can apprehend him. With the city in a state of panic and misinformation traveling at the speed of social media, Mike’s life and family hang in the balance as he becomes… The Fugitive.

Sutherland will play Detective Clay Bryce and Holbrook will portray Mike Ferro, both new characters for the Quibi series.

Last edited by DJariya; 02-01-20 at 01:47 PM.
Old 09-17-19, 01:16 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 206 Likes on 167 Posts

I was interested until reading the updated premise. Now it sounds like any other post 9/11 show or movie just tacking on a popular name. The updated series that ran in the late nineties or early 2000s was decent from what I remember but was cancelled after a season.
Old 09-18-19, 01:57 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Well, there goes any chance of a Jack Bauer return.
Old 09-19-19, 08:56 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 63 Likes on 53 Posts

Yeah, The Fugitive in name only.

The premise is pretty stupid, and pretty flawed. They're just using a well known series/movie name to get an audience for a new project.

Pass.
Old 09-22-19, 01:41 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts

I don't mind new characters, but this sounds like a rejected plot from Homeland.
Old 02-01-20, 01:46 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

First trailer

Remember episodes are about 10 minutes.
Old 02-09-20, 06:48 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 41 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by DJariya View Post
Remember episodes are about 10 minutes.
Because we're out of time, Chloe!
Old 02-09-20, 07:38 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 214 Likes on 157 Posts

When I clicked on the thread I was thinking The Fugitive with Keifer as the lead on the run? FUCK. YES. Where do I watch?

But Keifer as the cop and thinly based on the Fugitive? Pass.
Old 04-23-20, 01:38 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Shit, now delayed until July.

Old 07-24-20, 01:37 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

New full trailer:

Now premieres August 3rd.

Too bad nobody subscribes to Quibi anymore. I may jump on again to binge the entire series when it's fully available.
Old 07-24-20, 02:30 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 826 Likes on 512 Posts

That looks good! Will probably be a very entertaining 75 minute season of TV.
Old 07-24-20, 03:25 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by DJariya View Post
Too bad nobody subscribes to Quibi anymore. I may jump on again to binge the entire series when it's fully available.
lol, Quibi is (was) such a terrible idea.
Old 07-25-20, 10:47 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

FOX heavily promoted this today on their baseball coverage. They showed the full trailer and had sponsorship plugs for it throughout the games.

According to TV Line

https://tvline.com/2020/07/24/the-fu...-series-video/

It's a 14 episode season

Let's say for arguments sake, 1 episode is 8 minutes. That's basically a 112 minute movie.

Here's the schedule in case you want to subscribe to binge it. The season wraps on August 18th

The drama’s first season will span 14 episodes, debuting on Monday, Aug. 3. New chapters will then roll out every weekday through Tuesday, Aug. 18.

Old 07-26-20, 11:22 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Kiefer has a CTI uniform on - I can't be the only one who immediately thought CTU.

I'd love to see this, but I'm going to wait until all the episodes are up and maybe do the 14-day free trial.
Old 07-26-20, 07:00 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Shannon Nutt View Post
Kiefer has a CTI uniform on - I can't be the only one who immediately thought CTU.

I'd love to see this, but I'm going to wait until all the episodes are up and maybe do the 14-day free trial.
I think Iíll do the same. I read that the Kevin Hart show Die Hart is out now too which I wanted to see so Iíll just watch both and call it good. Someone said you can chromecast these shows now so I hope thatís true.
Old 07-26-20, 07:14 PM

Received 48 Likes on 37 Posts

Good trailer. I look forward to watching this as a "Netflix Original" in 3-6 months.
The following users liked this post:
Deftones (07-26-20)
Old 07-26-20, 08:06 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 170 Likes on 137 Posts

Exactly. The trailer is good, but this service is done. I’m guessing they’ll offload their content to other services. I’ll catch this at that time.
Old 08-26-20, 10:43 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Re: The Fugitive (Quibi) - S: Kiefer Sutherland

Got a 2nd free trial with Qubi (14 days through Google play), so I decided to watch the entire season of this tonight. The entire 14 episode season is slightly over 2 hours.

And yes, you can cast it from your phone (either Apple or Android) to your TV, so I was able to watch all 14 episodes on my TV.

Overall, the season was good, but fairly predictable. It was structured like a 2 hour movie with act breaks going to commercial. So each episode was like 1 act in a movie. So the end point of each episode didn't feel weird.

Stephen Hopkins, who directed the pilot of 24 and most of the 1st season, directed the entire season. So we had 2 alumnus from 24 on this series.

The action was decent. There's 2 big bombings in the episode, but you could kind of tell it was CG. The 2nd bombing was pretty shocking. The lead actor, Boyd Holbrook, was decent. Kiefer was kind of a mix of Sam Gerrard and Jack Bauer. He was kind of a dick in this.

Everything does wrap up in the final episode. It did feel a little anti-climatic. But, overall I thought it was worth watching.

and they do drop F bombs in this.

Overall, I'd give it a B

Last edited by DJariya; 08-27-20 at 03:48 PM.
Old 08-27-20, 11:40 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 46 Likes on 36 Posts

Well there you go...

The following users liked this post:
DJariya (08-28-20)
Old 08-27-20, 11:46 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

ha ha you found my tweet to Cassar.
Old 08-28-20, 12:00 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 46 Likes on 36 Posts

I follow Cassar too, so the retweet appeared on my main feed.

Good to hear that Kiefer made a good ďseriesĒ. Too bad itís on a niche platform.