TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

The Bachelorette 2019

Old 07-09-19, 07:08 AM
DVD Talk Legend

The Bachelorette 2019

Anyone watching this season ?

I originally started off liking Hannah from the Bachelor and was happy she was the Bachelorette but she has been awful !

Keeping luke around just because she wants to fuck him is just insane. It's one thing when there is beef between some guys, when EVERY guy does not like someone, there is something wrong with the someone

Hannah has just come accross as a ditzy girl and most of the guys are too good for her. She is no prize unlikes previous bachelorette's like Rachael

I would have loved to have seen all of the other guys walk out mid way through the season in protest of Hannah not getting rid of luke
Old 07-09-19, 07:25 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Re: The Bachelorette 2019

I'm watching... well, they wife and I are. We always watch these shows... and this season has delivered.
Old 07-09-19, 09:59 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I don't always watch the Bachelorette but I decided to watch this year. I know the spoilers and the season is pretty anticlimactic for me now. I like Hannah as the lead but she's made some pretty bad decisions with her season. Bachelor in Paradise starts August 6th.
Old 07-09-19, 11:47 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally Posted by Original Desmond View Post
Anyone watching this season ?

I originally started off liking Hannah from the Bachelor and was happy she was the Bachelorette but she has been awful !

Keeping luke around just because she wants to fuck him is just insane. It's one thing when there is beef between some guys, when EVERY guy does not like someone, there is something wrong with the someone

Hannah has just come accross as a ditzy girl and most of the guys are too good for her. She is no prize unlikes previous bachelorette's like Rachael

I would have loved to have seen all of the other guys walk out mid way through the season in protest of Hannah not getting rid of luke
Pretty much my thoughts as well.

So much time has been invested in the stupid Luke drama (and even worse, the Luke vs. Luke drama, and the Garrett vs. Luke drama), that we've barely gotten to know anyone on the show, Hannah included.

The reason why the guys don't walk is because they're not there for her. (Which is why they're mostly ambivalent about Luke). Jed admitted he wanted to promote his music (although it looks like he developed feelings for Hannah, blowing up his relationship with a GF in the process); and Pete and Tyler seem to be there to be the next Bachelor (Mike too, perhaps). Very few of the dudes even seemed upset when they got booted. I'd venture that the only one who really wants to be with Hannah is Luke, so it makes sense then that he's still around. (Maybe Garrett did too, given their Alabama connection, but even he didn't seem too bummed by the exit.)
Old 07-09-19, 01:57 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Yeah Mike in particular didn't seem to care when he went home, but let's face it Hannah never in a million years was ever going to pick a non white guy

She's definitely a deep south girl
Old 07-10-19, 10:36 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Apparent Jed went on the show with a girlfriend and only to promote his career as a country music singer.
Old 07-10-19, 02:37 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Most people go on the Bachelor and the like to become social media influencers. If you build up enough of a profile on social media, companies will pay upwards of $10,000 to mention their products on Instagram or Twitter.

Many of them start making six-figure incomes off the endorsements.
Old 07-10-19, 02:51 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by PhantomStranger View Post
Most people go on the Bachelor and the like to become social media influencers. If you build up enough of a profile on social media, companies will pay upwards of $10,000 to mention their products on Instagram or Twitter.

Many of them start making six-figure incomes off the endorsements.
That's what the majority of the people who go on the bachelor shows end up doing. It's pretty much waiting for these people once their season is over.
Old 07-10-19, 04:44 PM

I've been watching, but I've never watched any of the previous seasons, just an episode here and there, so I don't know what things are normally like, but my thought is that Luke has been kept around just to create conflict. While I also don't like the guy, keeping him there keeps things interesting. All the other guys have gotten along with each other, which would be boring to watch. Maybe Hannah was told by the show runners that even if she hates him, to keep him around until at last the least couple guys, just because people want someone to hate on shows like this, and ratings is what they are after.
Old 07-30-19, 08:02 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Well tonight is the finale, I'll only say I wish Hannah did a better job of picking her guys as it looks like she's going to walk away alone.
Old 07-31-19, 11:52 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I don't watch The Bachelorette, -though I do watch "Bachelor in Paradise", -but I stumbled on a run-down of what went on in the finale, and I was kinda wishing I had watched it.
Old 07-31-19, 12:09 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by PhantomStranger View Post
Most people go on the Bachelor and the like to become social media influencers. If you build up enough of a profile on social media, companies will pay upwards of $10,000 to mention their products on Instagram or Twitter. Many of them start making six-figure incomes off the endorsements.
Used to seem scuzzy to me that people would go on these shows just for the exposure. Now, it's like a no brainer. Not even sure how you can blame them. That is some ridiculously easy money and they'd be fools not to take advantage.
Old 07-31-19, 12:56 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Having watched the whole season and knowing / reading for weeks that Jed would win, it did seem odd that he actually did win. His own parents were telling Hannah to stay away and her parents were in tears at the thought of her ending up with him... so what does she do? She picks him. Idiot.
Old 07-31-19, 03:33 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Finisher View Post
Used to seem scuzzy to me that people would go on these shows just for the exposure. Now, it's like a no brainer. Not even sure how you can blame them. That is some ridiculously easy money and they'd be fools not to take advantage.
I don't have a problem with making money off of Instagram, I just don't think people should give up their day jobs when you know the fame won't last forever. Also in case no one didn't catch it, Bachelor in Paradise starts next Monday.

Last edited by Bluelitespecial; 07-31-19 at 03:43 PM.